Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #91761
View in linear mode

Subject: "Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..." Previous topic | Next topic
cyanJan-11-06 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91761, "Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."

over the past 7 years i've had 6 different front bumpers on my car, most of which i loved at the time. most recently (when i totalled the car) i had the sensei on it, and replaced it with a bomex....which i promptly removed and sent back when i saw how long it was in the front. so now i have a dilemma...for the first time i'm shpping for a new bumper, and nothing appeals to me.

i've owned the following, in order:

- erebuni shogun (invader) 1998-1999
- buddy club (had one specially made before they were actually sold, using rick (raizin's) mold. 1999
- blitz (had this one back in 99-00 before the movie came out)
- drift (had it for a few days, then took it off) 2000
- sensei 2001
- bomex 2004

the only one of those i would consider getting again is the sensei...
are there any new kits being developed that anyone knows about, that arent available yet? i could wait a few months if necessary. looking at vis, wholehyper, etc, i don't see anything that wasn't already available 2 years ago....where are the new designs?

i might have to go with a stock 97-up bumper...this sucks.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BlizareJan-11-06 03:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91763, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 0

buddy club 2 is the only kit I actually like besides....uhhh....stock

Why don't you take a bumper you have and modify it?

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleclipse_05Jan-11-06 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#91764, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by cyan
i might have to go with a stock 97-up bumper...this sucks.

What's wrong with that one?

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

VOTBLINDUBJan-11-06 03:41 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#91765, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 2

2Gb bumper works just great for me, i dont like any others

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

EvMan2345Jan-11-06 06:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#91768, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 3

stillen! even though its kinda mild for your car, and the fact that its getting kinda played out. If not, then get a bumper and use that along with a custom creation to it to make something different.

Evan B
92 TSI
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

sonikbewmJan-12-06 03:53 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#91772, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 4

stock or buddy club 2

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

BumpinTalonJan-12-06 06:16 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#91775, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 5

import a Japanese front bumper for a different car and mod it to fit on your Eclipse... C-west makes some crazy bumpers, so does Ings, but they are expensive. http://www.japanparts.com/ is probably not the greatest place to buy from but they have a lot of different kits for different cars.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Ryan_HesJan-12-06 07:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#91776, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 6

I'm a big fan of the BC2, Stillen, OEM 97-99, and R32 front bumpers, respectively.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

CustomGSJan-12-06 07:39 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91777, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 7

Im going with stillen on mine in a few weeks. If its looks good on mine, it will look good on yours. Drift really isnt bad either.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

AggressionJan-12-06 08:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#91778, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 8
Jan-12-06 08:00 AM by Aggression

Ahem...R34!!!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

eclipse982nrRSTJan-12-06 10:05 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#91780, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 9

W I D E B O D Y !!!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BigRandJan-30-06 03:01 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2005
29 posts,
#92181, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 10

Rdora makes a pretty sick clean looking front bumper that I've seen, Can't find a pic though.

Then there is my front bumper (Octane/R34) which I love (especially without the side markers) I'll try to post a pic, if not just take a look at my myspace account or my video a the bottom.

P.S. I think the octane front matches the best with blitz sides (high or low), and blitz rear.

---------------------------------------
~Randy
99 GS(w/turbo)
285whp/300ft-lbs

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/420aturbo

R34EclipseJan-12-06 11:16 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
#91781, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 9

i'll second the r34 =)
-----------------------------------
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a

nonameratJan-12-06 02:11 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2004
190 posts,
#91783, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 11

I don't understand why not many people seem to like the 97 Talon front. It's my favorite of all the styles.

lild14Jan-12-06 02:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#91784, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 12

buddy club 2 hehe or stock 97-99 IMO

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

eclipse_99rsJan-12-06 02:54 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#91786, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 13

stock

myspace.com/coastiecobb

PenumbraJan-12-06 02:52 PM
Member since Jun 08th 2005
34 posts,
#91785, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by nonamerat
I don't understand why not many people seem to like the 97 Talon front. It's my favorite of all the styles.

Couldn't agree more with that one... well, once I shaved the huge emblem/gap off the front!

1997 Eagle Talon ESi:|Shaved 2Gb bumper|CP CAI w/ K&N Filter and cold air box|Megan Racing Headers|Solid shifter bushings |PowerSlot rotors/Hawk HPS
pads|Rear Disk Conversion | Prothane Engine Mounts|Tokico Illumina struts|Tein S-Tech springs|Front/Rear Upper and Lower Braces |Energy Suspension Bushings|
55mm Half Shaft TB|Greddy eManage Ultimate|AEM UEGO Wideband|Autometer gauges
1987 Trans Am GTA: Project

96rs-tJan-12-06 04:17 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#91787, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 14

Stock or stillen, anything else is crap, and i think stillen is close to crap as well.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

eclipse982nrRSTJan-12-06 04:42 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#91789, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by 96rs-t
Stock or stillen, anything else is crap, and i think stillen is close to crap as well.

your missing a side marker lense buddy

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

96rs-tJan-12-06 06:28 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#91792, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by 96rs-t Stock or stillen, anything else is crap, and i think stillen is close to crap as well.
your missing a side marker lense buddy

lol, indeed i am in this pic, but not anymore.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

dsmmythJan-12-06 04:50 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#91790, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Originally posted by cyan i might have to go with a stock 97-up bumper...this sucks.

He has a "show" car. Say it with me now.

Shooooooow.

Caarrrr.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

BlackMagicJan-12-06 06:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#91793, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 18

i like the buddy club 2

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

saikouJan-12-06 08:58 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#91794, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 20
Jan-12-06 09:00 PM by saikou

I'm kinda digging this front bumper... although I doubt it would flow with the rest of your body kit. I think it's a combat kit? Why not try the 2GB bumper with a lip, or possibly put together your own kit; I think your car looks great as it is.

Atleast you don't have this...

... looks like a Tiburon, eh?

dsmmythJan-13-06 04:52 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#91795, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 21

You can always make your own.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

cyanJan-18-06 12:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#91896, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by dsmmyth
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Originally posted by cyan i might have to go with a stock 97-up bumper...this sucks.
He has a "show" car. Say it with me now. Shooooooow. Caarrrr.

i've got the "go" as well, recognize.
but yes, stock is ok, but doesnt look good, just doesn't look bad either. stillen, no offense, i hate it...it's been available for almost as long as i've owned my car. that thing is older than the blitz. and it just looks like a stock 97+ with birth defects. and it's urethane...i can go on forever about that thing, no offense to those who have it.

as for importing a non-2g bumper...i have given it some thought in the past, however, in my town, it would require an ungodly amount of labor dollars to make it work. there are no reputable shops here who specialize in custom work for a decent price. if there were, i would have had a japanese FD3S bumper years ago.

the only ones i considered were the sensei and the R34. i just haven't seen many pics of the R34...i'd like a better idea of how low it is, and how flat the bottom edge is. but i do like the driving lights in the sensei...

scirioJan-16-06 10:17 AM
Member since May 13th 2002
1637 posts,
#91847, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 0

Nothing is better than stock.

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

Originally posted by a drunk DSMRoadster
drink now and nafter goddanti! celebaeration birches!

R34EclipseJan-18-06 03:17 PM
706 posts,
#91899, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 23

www.cardomain.com/id/r34eclipse theres a bunch of pics of my R34 on there

shuwa29Jan-19-06 06:30 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#91912, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 25

you find something man. you car inspired me back in the day and honestly, i thought you were long and gone as did others with me. anyways, keep us informed on what you get.

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

cyanJan-19-06 01:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#91919, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 26
Jan-19-06 01:29 PM by cyan

Originally posted by R34Eclipse
www.cardomain.com/id/r34eclipse theres a bunch of pics of my R34 on there ----------------------------------- 97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a -----------------------------------

oh boy, that did it. i haven't seen any good pictures of that kit yet until now, and it looks exactly like what i had hoped it would fron various angles. that's the one i'll be getting, with an additional modification or two. the question is, who made the original mold? (aka, who has the best fit on thta particular piece?) i think the first place i saw dealing it was VIS? to all those who have it, where did you get it, and how you you rate fitment on a scale of 1-5. for example, the genuine bomex rear i have is a 5, the fake bomex front i received when i ordered a real bomex several months ago would be a 1. i posted pics of it here.

wikid420aJan-19-06 05:45 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2005
144 posts,
#91921, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 27

i agree with u i dont like most of the kits out there, there are a select few that i like.

R34EclipseJan-19-06 06:26 PM
706 posts,
#91922, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 28

if you get the R34 don't go anything other than ViS. the GTP version has the licence plate cutout, and stock side markers, and yea it looks like ass, the versus bumper the center hole is only about 3" tall, you can see a pic of it on the ViS website (its courtney days car which she states is clearly a versus bumper) i don't know why they used that one. Those are the only two I have seen, that I can tell you i know their origin, but i haven't seen any knockoffs that I liked, so yea ViS all the way.

cyanJan-20-06 03:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#91924, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 29

i was worried because the picture on the vis website is not the same bumper:

the front opening is smaller, like you said, and the corner vents are also smaller...is this the one you were talking about? is the one VIS actually ships the same as yours?

Eclipse99fwbJan-20-06 06:12 AM
Member since Dec 30th 2004
112 posts,
#91928, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 30

I think his is the VIS bumper, for some reason the picture VIS uses isnt their bumper at all. I guess they dont have any good pictures with theirs on a eclipse.

99 Eclipse RS=real slow
dsm= developing smart mechanics since 1990
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/771313

cyanJan-20-06 07:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#91929, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 31

R34Eclipse, did you have to trim any off the inside of the bumper to clear the intercooler?

R34EclipseJan-20-06 06:21 PM
706 posts,
#91939, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 32

Nope no trimming fits PERFECT up against the hahn fmic, and yes its ViS thats all I will put on my car. Actually talked to ViS a while back and they were going to use my car on the site, and last minute opted for courtneys car, maybe its because shes 10000000000000000000000000000000 times hotter than me haha, but yes mines the real deal vis, so if thats what you like get vis, i just dont care to have a huge fmic, hidden behind a tiny opening, although i've seen that bumper in person and it doesn't look all that bad but like i said i have my reasons, and the ViS fit perfect, and is very sturdy, not all flopping in the air like the versus kits.

cyanJan-21-06 06:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#91957, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 33
Jan-21-06 06:23 PM by cyan

yeah i've gotten 2 or 3 good pieces from Vis in the past...the other problem with a duct as small as that other one is not only that it prevents visibility of the FMIC, but it prevents airflow to the FMIc, not to mention the radiator, which is already obstructed by the FMIC.
i'll probably go with the VIS R34 and carbon creations carbon lip. i am replacing my aerogear predator hood with a CF one, < plug> so the predator hood is for sale....as is the kaminari KTR wing. < /plug>

ghostESiKYJan-24-06 09:16 PM
Member since Nov 26th 2002
244 posts,
#92025, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 34

buddy club 2 !!

that boy K-Y
kbnkb@sbcglobal.net
talonky36 (aim)

04 srt-4 (low and slo)
96 talon esi (still broke make me an offer)

AggressionJan-25-06 06:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#92028, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 35

Yah R34 all the way...I didn't have to trim mine for my FMIC either. Perfect fitment. Mine is VIS as well.

Here is the R34 on my car: http://www.streamlinemotorsportsva.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=jeremyexterior

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

R34EclipseJan-25-06 06:38 PM
706 posts,
#92055, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 36

UPDATE... Sent ViS an email stating that they may draw attention away using the versus bumper however here is the response I got...

FROM VIS-

We really appreciate it. The car looks really nice. We will post your pics
up asap. We made two versions of the bumper, the one with the small opening
and the larger opening that you have, make sure the forum guys know that.
Ask for the Yellow Octane bumper. Thanks again.

cyanJan-26-06 01:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#92104, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 37

extremely valuable info you just added...points for you.
thanks

R34EclipseJan-27-06 06:09 PM
706 posts,
#92155, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 38

Haha ViS is using my car for their octane bumper ad =) wow big deal right not really but still... Link...

http://www.visracing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26_66_423_79_396&osCsid=54bde3cfb771916f926a56765743782b

cyanJan-28-06 06:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#92156, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 39

yeah it's pretty funny...i've seen my car on about 12-15 different sites to advertise the sinsei front i had before.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #91761 Previous topic | Next topic