Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #89820
View in linear mode

Subject: "The widebody got fucked" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTOct-11-05 09:04 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89820, "The widebody got fucked"

So on the way to work today I merge onto the highway and get behind this fucking semi-truck, and all of a sudden I see this big black thing fly from underneath it and what do you know, of coarse it smack the front of my car. I hear something dragging immediately after it hit so I pull over and look. My carbonfiber splitter broke in half, my intercooler has a dent on the bottom of it and the front pieces molded on the bumper cracked. I didnt have a chance to get the fuckers plate #, and he just decided to keep driving away. So I call my insurance company and they file a claim for me and I am setup to get an estimate tomorrow for repairs. I dont think they will cover the aftermarket shit though, such as the intercooler or splitter, and if they dont, im gonna go crazy.

Today was a shitty day of coarse, but I needed to vent!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: The widebody got fucked, jsupetran, Oct-11-05 09:10 AM, #1
RE: The widebody got fucked, injendsm, Oct-11-05 09:16 AM, #2
      RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-11-05 09:22 AM, #3
           RE: The widebody got fucked, injendsm, Oct-11-05 09:42 AM, #4
                RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-11-05 09:59 AM, #5
                     RE: The widebody got fucked, widebodyeclipse, Oct-11-05 10:10 AM, #6
                     RE: The widebody got fucked, TeamDR1665, Oct-11-05 10:13 AM, #7
                          RE: The widebody got fucked, widebodyeclipse, Oct-11-05 10:16 AM, #8
                          RE: The widebody got fucked, TeamDR1665, Oct-11-05 10:20 AM, #9
                               RE: The widebody got fucked, CustomGS, Oct-11-05 11:36 AM, #13
                               RE: The widebody got fucked, destruckeclipse, Oct-11-05 12:19 PM, #14
                               RE: The widebody got fucked, 420a-Tnthewerks, Oct-11-05 03:25 PM, #18
                                    RE: The widebody got fucked, CustomGS, Oct-12-05 08:03 AM, #23
                                    RE: The widebody got fucked, Moderatormicyek, Oct-13-05 08:15 AM, #32
                                         RE: The widebody got fucked, CustomGS, Oct-13-05 09:41 AM, #34
                                         RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-13-05 10:06 AM, #36
                                         RE: The widebody got fucked, 420a-Tnthewerks, Oct-13-05 10:51 PM, #38
                                              RE: The widebody got fucked, CustomGS, Oct-14-05 06:16 AM, #41
                                                   RE: The widebody got fucked, 420a-Tnthewerks, Oct-14-05 10:53 AM, #44
                               RE: The widebody got fucked, DSMhelex, Oct-13-05 09:58 PM, #37
                          RE: The widebody got fucked, CrazyEclipse, Oct-11-05 10:23 AM, #10
                          RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-11-05 10:52 AM, #11
                               RE: The widebody got fucked, djtrickee, Oct-11-05 11:05 AM, #12
                                    RE: The widebody got fucked, widebodyeclipse, Oct-11-05 12:48 PM, #15
                                         RE: The widebody got fucked, dsmmyth, Oct-11-05 02:59 PM, #16
                                              RE: The widebody got fucked, Max-Eclipse, Oct-11-05 03:13 PM, #17
                                              RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-11-05 04:27 PM, #19
                                                   RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse_99rs, Oct-11-05 04:31 PM, #20
                                                        RE: The widebody got fucked, clips3kid, Oct-12-05 06:07 AM, #21
                                                             RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-12-05 06:52 AM, #22
                                                                  RE: The widebody got fucked, WIDECLIPSE, Oct-12-05 09:17 AM, #24
                                                                  RE: The widebody got fucked, TeamDR1665, Oct-12-05 09:41 AM, #25
                                                                       RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-12-05 10:47 AM, #26
                                                                            RE: The widebody got fucked, TeamDR1665, Oct-12-05 11:18 AM, #27
                                                                                 RE: The widebody got fucked, BlackMagic, Oct-12-05 12:47 PM, #28
                                                                                      RE: The widebody got fucked, Max-Eclipse, Oct-12-05 01:17 PM, #29
                                                                                           RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-12-05 03:22 PM, #30
                                                                                                RE: The widebody got fucked, totaleclipse_05, Oct-12-05 04:46 PM, #31
                                                                                                     RE: The widebody got fucked, Aggression, Oct-13-05 09:23 AM, #33
                                                                                                          RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-13-05 10:02 AM, #35
                                                                                                               RE: The widebody got fucked, Aggression, Oct-14-05 03:00 AM, #39
                                                                                                                    RE: The widebody got fucked, injendsm, Oct-14-05 04:15 AM, #40
                                                                                                                    RE: The widebody got fucked, totaleclipse_05, Oct-14-05 08:40 AM, #42
                                                                                                                         RE: The widebody got fucked, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-14-05 09:00 AM, #43

jsupetranOct-11-05 09:10 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89822, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 0

Ouch...

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

injendsmOct-11-05 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#89823, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 1

almost the same thing happened to my car but you got it a lot worse. i feel your pain man. hope you get it fixed soon.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

eclipse982nrRSTOct-11-05 09:22 AM
6314 posts,
#89825, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 2

Will they cover aftermarket parts do you know?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

injendsmOct-11-05 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#89827, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Will they cover aftermarket parts do you know?

i dont think your insurance will but i could be wrong. only one way to find out.

www.gregsorrells.com

eclipse982nrRSTOct-11-05 09:59 AM
6314 posts,
#89828, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by injendsm
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST Will they cover aftermarket parts do you know?
i dont think your insurance will but i could be wrong. only one way to find out.

ah for fucks sake. insurance comp's are worthless.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseOct-11-05 10:10 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
535 posts,
#89830, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 5

sux lil brotha but look on the bright side u coulda totald the car out. that is an easy fix. and the ins company should help pay for some of the aftermarket stuff. probably not replacement cost but put some more in your pocket

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2134181717&mode=slideshow
t3/t4 setup, je pistone, eagle rods,aem cam gears, crane cams, port and polished head w swirl polished valves, avcr, autometer gauges to be installed, kaminari widebody kit shaved rain seals, door handles, tail lights, relocated gas cap, double humped hood, house of kolors candybrandywine 20in weld evo wheels, air ride, custom fiberglass work (dash interior) more to come just not enough time

TeamDR1665Oct-11-05 10:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#89831, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 5

ah for fucks sake. insurance comp's are worthless.

Give me a break. If you don't want your show car getting fucked up, then don't drive it. Rock chip, bug guts, and the random truck tire are facts of life.

Are you paying insurance on a show car or on a 98 Eclipse? You insured a 98 Eclipse. They are contractually obligated to return your car to stock condition unless you have additional coverage for your cosmetics and engine mods. The insurance company is not worthless because you failed to take appropriate steps to protect your investment.

For fuck's sake indeed.

widebodyeclipseOct-11-05 10:16 AM
535 posts,
#89833, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 7

wow now was that calld for or even worth the time it took u to type it?
dont be a penis. id be alittle upset if it was my hooptie that was messd up. its all hard earnd money

t3/t4 setup, je pistone, eagle rods,aem cam gears, crane cams, port and polished head w swirl polished valves, avcr, autometer gauges to be installed, kaminari widebody kit shaved rain seals, door handles, tail lights, relocated gas cap, double humped hood, house of kolors candybrandywine 20in weld evo wheels, air ride, custom fiberglass work (dash interior) more to come just not enough time

TeamDR1665Oct-11-05 10:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#89835, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by widebodyeclipse
wow now was that calld for or even worth the time it took u to type it? dont be a penis. id be alittle upset if it was my hooptie that was messd up. its all hard earnd money

Yeah yeah. It certainly must suck, but you can't invest $50k into a $15k car and then expect your insurance company to actually pay you $50k to repair it when you're using it like an ordinary car. Gonna have to chalk this one up to live and learn. I have $5,000 coverage just for my engine. You wouldn't leave your new Ferrari sitting in a Wal-Mart parking lot with the keys in it, would you? Why would you bust your ass to make a head-turning show car and then not make damn sure it was protected? A lack of common sense on one person's part does not mean that an entire industry is "worthless." Besides, I'd be willing to be an OEM front bumper, headlights and fender cost more than any widebody kit front clip. It's the value of the labor that will be the hardest to swallow.

CustomGSOct-11-05 11:36 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89845, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by widebodyeclipse wow now was that calld for or even worth the time it took u to type it? dont be a penis. id be alittle upset if it was my hooptie that was messd up. its all hard earnd money
Yeah yeah. It certainly must suck, but you can't invest $50k into a $15k car and then expect your insurance company to actually pay you $50k to repair it when you're using it like an ordinary car. Gonna have to chalk this one up to live and learn. I have $5,000 coverage just for my engine. You wouldn't leave your new Ferrari sitting in a Wal-Mart parking lot with the keys in it, would you? Why would you bust your ass to make a head-turning show car and then not make damn sure it was protected? A lack of common sense on one person's part does not mean that an entire industry is "worthless." Besides, I'd be willing to be an OEM front bumper, headlights and fender cost more than any widebody kit front clip. It's the value of the labor that will be the hardest to swallow.

Driggs, Thank you for saving me the effort once again. And to anyone else who thinks ins. is worthless...your an idiot. Mike, sorry to hear about your car man. Hopefully you have state farm which happens to be the company that i work for. If you do, they will most likely pay a fair amount to you. Even though to repair a stock front end, which is what your premium is based on, is much less. There are laws here in PA that force ins. co's to indemnify you. Not sure where your at.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

destruckeclipseOct-11-05 12:19 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#89847, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 13
Oct-11-05 12:20 PM by destruckeclipse

Ouch man, that has to suck. Thats life though, shit happens. Be glad it didn't total the car.

Most insurance companies are worthless though. Not the industry per say, but most are out there just to screw you.

State farm seems decent. I get wheel protection from them My only body mod.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

420a-TnthewerksOct-11-05 03:25 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#89861, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by CustomGS
Originally posted by widebodyeclipse wow now was that calld for or even worth the time it took u to type it? dont be a penis. id be alittle upset if it was my hooptie that was messd up. its all hard earnd money
Driggs, Thank you for saving me the effort once again. And to anyone else who thinks ins. is worthless...your an idiot. Mike, sorry to hear about your car man. Hopefully you have state farm which happens to be the company that i work for. If you do, they will most likely pay a fair amount to you. Even though to repair a stock front end, which is what your premium is based on, is much less. There are laws here in PA that force ins. co's to indemnify you. Not sure where your at.

This is kind of off topic, but I was wondering, why do we pay all this money every month *just in case* we get in an accident, but then when we do, our payments go up? I could pay $200 a month and not get in an accident for 5 years, that's $12000 I paid you and then my accident could only be $3000 worth, then I have to pay a deductable, and then the payments go up lol. So, in some cases, yes, they are worthless.

CustomGSOct-12-05 08:03 AM
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89898, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 18
Oct-12-05 08:11 AM by CustomGS

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
This is kind of off topic, but I was wondering, why do we pay all this money every month *just in case* we get in an accident, but then when we do, our payments go up? I could pay $200 a month and not get in an accident for 5 years, that's $12000 I paid you and then my accident could only be $3000 worth, then I have to pay a deductable, and then the payments go up lol. So, in some cases, yes, they are worthless.

Yeah, in that case it sucks. But, You have to stop thinking in terms of Property Damage, which is what everybody does. Your paying for the peice of mind that if you kill or seriously injure someone, you will be protected for your liability whether it be 15,000/30,000 or 500k/500k. And also be provided legal representation to defend you. AND if your company doesnt give you Discounts for 3 or more consecutive years of no claims then drop them now. If your in PA give me a call or i can find you a good SF agent in your City if you want. And yes, we all pay for assholes that cant drive or commit fraud. So when you hear of people or even see people on here asking how they can get a little extra from their insurance company, think to yourself, That mf'r is costing us all extra money.

btw- You dont HAVE to pay a deductible, And your rates dont go up unless its your fault and your property damage pays out over whatever your companies surcharge threshold may be. SF's being $1150.00. For example. You hit my car and you policy pays 1000 to fix my dent. Your rates would not go up. You hit a deer and wreck your car= your rates dont go up. Your car gets stolen or vandalised and the company pays you 6000=your rates dont go up.

Chris

95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

ModeratormicyekOct-13-05 08:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#89967, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 18
Oct-13-05 08:16 AM by micyek

that made me lol.

do you think cars are the only thing that get damaged in accidents?

My dad had well over $500,000 (I think over 600K in fact) in hospital bills 3 years ago. You know how much he had to pay out of his pocket...not one red cent outside of his regular premiums.

*edit*

sorry to hear about your car Mike...get her fixed up.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

CustomGSOct-13-05 09:41 AM
668 posts,
#89972, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 32
Oct-13-05 09:45 AM by CustomGS

Originally posted by micyek
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks This is kind of off topic, but I was wondering, why do we pay all this money every month *just in case* we get in an accident, but then when we do, our payments go up? I could pay $200 a month and not get in an accident for 5 years, that's $12000 I paid you and then my accident could only be $3000 worth, then I have to pay a deductable, and then the payments go up lol. So, in some cases, yes, they are worthless.
that made me lol. do you think cars are the only thing that get damaged in accidents? My dad had well over $500,000 (I think over 600K in fact) in hospital bills 3 years ago. You know how much he had to pay out of his pocket...not one red cent outside of his regular premiums. *edit* sorry to hear about your car Mike...get her fixed up.

Also, Mike i believe you should probably retract your previous statement regarding insurance companies being worthless. And think, you pay premiums for a stock 98 eclipse and yet they still paid for an intercooler.

Chris

95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

eclipse982nrRSTOct-13-05 10:06 AM
6314 posts,
#89974, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 34

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks This is kind of off topic, but I was wondering, why do we pay all this money every month *just in case* we get in an accident, but then when we do, our payments go up? I could pay $200 a month and not get in an accident for 5 years, that's $12000 I paid you and then my accident could only be $3000 worth, then I have to pay a deductable, and then the payments go up lol. So, in some cases, yes, they are worthless.
that made me lol. do you think cars are the only thing that get damaged in accidents? My dad had well over $500,000 (I think over 600K in fact) in hospital bills 3 years ago. You know how much he had to pay out of his pocket...not one red cent outside of his regular premiums. *edit* sorry to hear about your car Mike...get her fixed up.
Also, Mike i believe you should probably retract your previous statement regarding insurance companies being worthless. And think, you pay premiums for a stock 98 eclipse and yet they still paid for an intercooler.

Ya cuz like I said, the guy was a moron. He thought it was "stock" turbocharged for heaven sake dood. He asked for a name of a company who he could call to get a price for a new intercooler. I said um, Overboost. He got their # online from his laptop, and called them. They said what kind does he have and is it stock turbo? He said yes and he asked me what kind. I said HKS (just cuz I know real hks i/c's are expensive as hell). the overboost guy said, ya we have them, they are $858 or something. Thats how I got the money for a new i/c, lol. And just to prove the guy was a moron, on my estimate paper he gave me, he spelled intercooler, INNER_COOLER.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

420a-TnthewerksOct-13-05 10:51 PM
2267 posts,
#89992, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 32

We ARE talking about CAR insurance, two different things there.. Look at it this way, say you have an average of $175/month for car insurance during your life. By the time you're 65 you've paid around $105,000 for car insurance. I don't know about you, but most people probably don't have over $15k in damage done in their entire life.

CustomGSOct-14-05 06:16 AM
668 posts,
#90000, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 38
Oct-14-05 06:20 AM by CustomGS

We ARE talking about CAR insurance, two different things there.. Look at it this way, say you have an average of $175/month for car insurance during your life. By the time you're 65 you've paid around $105,000 for car insurance. I don't know about you, but most people probably don't have over $15k in damage done in their entire life.

420a-t,Are you kidding me. You think the premium you pay for car insurance every month or 6 months is only for property damage or collision coverage for your car. You also pay for Bodily injury liability among other things. And your wrong, most people have well over that amount in a lifetime. As i said before, we all pay for other people who cant drive. Its not fair but its the law. And unfortunetly your forced to pay for auto insurance. Actually, Everybody who doesnt believe in insurance, go right ahead and drive without it. Then when you get in that one BAD accident where you kill or seriously injure someone and your life is ruined because the 300,000 dollar law suit is on YOU and not your insurance co. you'll regret not having it. Your insurance premiums are not soley for fixing your vehicle, thats only part of why you pay insurance and it seems not to many people realize that. It's annoying.

Chris

95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

420a-TnthewerksOct-14-05 10:53 AM
2267 posts,
#90008, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 41

420a-t,Are you kidding me. You think the premium you pay for car insurance every month or 6 months is only for property damage or collision coverage for your car. You also pay for Bodily injury liability among other things. And your wrong, most people have well over that amount in a lifetime. As i said before, we all pay for other people who cant drive. Its not fair but its the law. And unfortunetly your forced to pay for auto insurance. Actually, Everybody who doesnt believe in insurance, go right ahead and drive without it. Then when you get in that one BAD accident where you kill or seriously injure someone and your life is ruined because the 300,000 dollar law suit is on YOU and not your insurance co. you'll regret not having it. Your insurance premiums are not soley for fixing your vehicle, thats only part of why you pay insurance and it seems not to many people realize that. It's annoying.

Yes, I DO realize that. All I'm saying is, for the people that don't get in $100,000+ car accidents, "it's not fair." Which has to be ALOT, there are 2-3 billion people in the U.S.

It doesn't matter, I pay my insurance every month like everybody else and I know it won't change.

DSMhelexOct-13-05 09:58 PM
Member since Aug 15th 2002
19 posts,
#89991, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 9
Oct-13-05 10:06 PM by DSMhelex

same thing kinda happened to me before.
someone backed into my car and dented my hood.
they wanted $500 labor to pound it out and another 300 to repaint it... i decided to take the 800 bucks and buy a CF and then go out to dinner at a real nice place.

CrazyEclipseOct-11-05 10:23 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#89836, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST ah for fucks sake. insurance comp's are worthless.
Give me a break. If you don't want your show car getting fucked up, then don't drive it. Rock chip, bug guts, and the random truck tire are facts of life. Are you paying insurance on a show car or on a 98 Eclipse? You insured a 98 Eclipse. They are contractually obligated to return your car to stock condition unless you have additional coverage for your cosmetics and engine mods. The insurance company is not worthless because you failed to take appropriate steps to protect your investment. For fuck's sake indeed.

That made me laugh. Its all true tho. Getting a car appraised would alleviate the frustration of only being able to get insurance for the damage on the 98 Eclipse. Instead, it would be the heavily modified Eclipse. Ive been looking into it for some time now, but unfortunatly, it costs big bucks for a fucking piece of paper that prooves that your car is worth X amount of dollars and not just book value. Locally I've found 3 places that would do it, ranging from $400, $500, and $900. I've also heard that some insurance companies appraise vehicles as well, of course for a fee which I have not a clue how much that would be.

Alas, drink a few more beers and feel better.

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

eclipse982nrRSTOct-11-05 10:52 AM
6314 posts,
#89840, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST ah for fucks sake. insurance comp's are worthless.
Give me a break. If you don't want your show car getting fucked up, then don't drive it. Rock chip, bug guts, and the random truck tire are facts of life. Are you paying insurance on a show car or on a 98 Eclipse? You insured a 98 Eclipse. They are contractually obligated to return your car to stock condition unless you have additional coverage for your cosmetics and engine mods. The insurance company is not worthless because you failed to take appropriate steps to protect your investment. For fuck's sake indeed.

OUCH. lol

Its not a "show car" at all. I barely even go to shows really. I built this car for one thing, Pride. Pride in myself for building the whole fucking thing, from motor to fiberglassing the interior to building a strong turbo'd motor. This car is daily driven and I do expect rock chips and what not, but not a fucking semi tire in my face, thats just crazy. The reason there is not extra insurance on it, is simple. I cannot afford it. I am only 20yrs old and go to school full time and work part time. For $750 A MONTH, I dont know of too many ppl that would pay it bro. Theres also a HUGE diff in leaving a ferrari in the parking lot with the keys in it and driving behind a semi and an accident happening.

I know the i/s wont give me full money to replace the aftermarket parts, but atleast give me half ya know.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

djtrickeeOct-11-05 11:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#89841, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 11

Well at least its a good enough excuse to do a color change!! Please.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

widebodyeclipseOct-11-05 12:48 PM
535 posts,
#89848, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 12

i like the color mikey. candy paint has no justice on internet pics u have to see it in sunlight to appreciate it. right crazy

dsmmythOct-11-05 02:59 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#89855, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 15

The hard thing is getting a replacement for the front. I think that kit is only sold "as a kit". So it'd be tough just getting the front. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

Max-EclipseOct-11-05 03:13 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2004
527 posts,
#89857, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by dsmmyth
The hard thing is getting a replacement for the front. I think that kit is only sold "as a kit". So it'd be tough just getting the front. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It might take some searching, but I'm sure he can find the two pieces somewhere...

It's go to suck though cause the two pieces have to be molded back on to a stock bumper........ so much time and work has to be redone... I feel for ya

--------------------------------------
My Parts For Sale - http://picasaweb.google.com/schmeling88/CarParts

Contact me if you're interested in any.

eclipse982nrRSTOct-11-05 04:27 PM
6314 posts,
#89864, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by dsmmyth

Correct, but its fixable. Just gonna take some time.

And Chris, the color will not change, its just crazy in person. In person, its almost more yellow than green actually.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse_99rsOct-11-05 04:31 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#89865, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by dsmmyth The hard thing is getting a replacement for the front. I think that kit is only sold "as a kit". So it'd be tough just getting the front. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct, but its fixable. Just gonna take some time. And Chris, the color will not change, its just crazy in person. In person, its almost more yellow than green actually.

Its true you cant judge a paint job from a pic.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

clips3kidOct-12-05 06:07 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
#89889, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 20

Shoulda written down that number on the back of the truck, and then gotten his license plate. Call the place he works for n see what they'd do... my neighbor had some huge thing fly off a truck and hit his windshield, needed replacing, obviosly they laughed at him but im sure if he would have taken action he could have gotten soemthign from them. Scare them with a lawyer or something?

just my thought...

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

eclipse982nrRSTOct-12-05 06:52 AM
6314 posts,
#89895, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by clips3kid
Shoulda written down that number on the back of the truck, and then gotten his license plate. Call the place he works for n see what they'd do... my neighbor had some huge thing fly off a truck and hit his windshield, needed replacing, obviosly they laughed at him but im sure if he would have taken action he could have gotten soemthign from them. Scare them with a lawyer or something? just my thought...

I got his plate # but i didnt get the company info. The insurance lady said it didnt matter anyway since it wasnt a collision. who fuckin knows what she was talking about. I go today in about 1.5hours to the adjuster to see whats gonna happen. I keep you updated.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

WIDECLIPSEOct-12-05 09:17 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#89903, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 22

I got that kit for sale you know...

-Roman

TeamDR1665Oct-12-05 09:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#89904, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 22

I got his plate # but i didnt get the company info. The insurance lady said it didnt matter anyway since it wasnt a collision.

Exactly. Failure to secure a load is one thing. The company would be liable for damage caused by their negligence in properly securing a load on a trailer (despite what some decal on the back of a dump truck might say - they have a responsibility to keep shit from flying off the truck), but tire failure is not something that anyone is liable for. If you lose control of the vehicle afterwards, you would be liable for any damage your car caused to another vehicle as a result.

who fuckin knows what she was talking about.

Dude. You don't understand "collision?" In the insurance realm, collision is any claim resulting from two vehicles coming into contact with each other (or contact with a permanent structure). Comprehensive claims are generally related to things which happen to the car when it is not in motion - hail damage, hitting a deer, theft, etc..

I go today in about 1.5hours to the adjuster to see whats gonna happen.

They will offer to cut you a check for a new, stock parts which would have been damaged by this claim. They'll add in money for paint, materials and labor, then subtract your deductible. That's how it works. Good luck.

eclipse982nrRSTOct-12-05 10:47 AM
6314 posts,
#89909, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 25

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST I got his plate # but i didnt get the company info. The insurance lady said it didnt matter anyway since it wasnt a collision.
Exactly. Failure to secure a load is one thing. The company would be liable for damage caused by their negligence in properly securing a load on a trailer (despite what some decal on the back of a dump truck might say - they have a responsibility to keep shit from flying off the truck), but tire failure is not something that anyone is liable for. If you lose control of the vehicle afterwards, you would be liable for any damage your car caused to another vehicle as a result.
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST who fuckin knows what she was talking about.
Dude. You don't understand "collision?" In the insurance realm, collision is any claim resulting from two vehicles coming into contact with each other (or contact with a permanent structure). Comprehensive claims are generally related to things which happen to the car when it is not in motion - hail damage, hitting a deer, theft, etc..
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST I go today in about 1.5hours to the adjuster to see whats gonna happen.
They will offer to cut you a check for a new, stock parts which would have been damaged by this claim. They'll add in money for paint, materials and labor, then subtract your deductible. That's how it works. Good luck.

They actually considered it comprehensive because the tire was not just laying in the road, it actually flew off the tire. So my deductable was only $50.

Now: Heres what I got and I am actually really fucking happy about it too! Horay! lol.

They said it would cost $435.20 to repair and repaint the front bumper. Then he gave me $850 for a new intercooler and $299 for a splitter. They called NOPI and got prices from them, and thats what they gave me! So in the long run, I just profited about $700.
I am going to fix and paint my bumper myself, get a new splitter and intercooler and then pay off some bills with the extra money

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

TeamDR1665Oct-12-05 11:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#89912, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 26

I just profited about $700. I am going to fix and paint my bumper myself, get a new splitter and intercooler and then pay off some bills with the extra money

Heh. One of the first rules of insurance is that you are not supposed to profit from any claim, but so what? Blessings in disguise, huh?

Maybe you should track that trucker down and thank him?

BlackMagicOct-12-05 12:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#89917, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 27

haha wow i just read that whole thing and that's awesome, profit 700 bucks, not too bad at all, what insurance company do you have?

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Max-EclipseOct-12-05 01:17 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2004
527 posts,
#89920, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 28

Originally posted by BlackMagic
haha wow i just read that whole thing and that's awesome, profit 700 bucks, not too bad at all, what insurance company do you have?

I want to know this to! That's just freakin awesome.

--------------------------------------
My Parts For Sale - http://picasaweb.google.com/schmeling88/CarParts

Contact me if you're interested in any.

eclipse982nrRSTOct-12-05 03:22 PM
6314 posts,
#89932, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 29

Originally posted by Max-Eclipse
Originally posted by BlackMagic haha wow i just read that whole thing and that's awesome, profit 700 bucks, not too bad at all, what insurance company do you have?
I want to know this to! That's just freakin awesome.

ALLSTATE

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

totaleclipse_05Oct-12-05 04:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#89946, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 30

Pics of damage?

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

AggressionOct-13-05 09:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#89969, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 31

Yah man you got any pics of the damage? Congrats on the money your getting that is very rare from a insurance company. When I got rear ended, they didn't want to pay me squat...and they were estimating the cost for a used set of tail lights and rear bumper.

What insurance company you got again?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

eclipse982nrRSTOct-13-05 10:02 AM
6314 posts,
#89973, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 33

Originally posted by Aggression
Yah man you got any pics of the damage? Congrats on the money your getting that is very rare from a insurance company. When I got rear ended, they didn't want to pay me squat...and they were estimating the cost for a used set of tail lights and rear bumper. What insurance company you got again?

Allstate is the company I am with and the agent was a complete idiot, seriously he was.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

AggressionOct-14-05 03:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#89994, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 35

WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

injendsmOct-14-05 04:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#89995, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 39

indeed. i want to see how much worse off your car is than mine.

www.gregsorrells.com

totaleclipse_05Oct-14-05 08:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#90004, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 39

YES YES WE WANT PICS

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

eclipse982nrRSTOct-14-05 09:00 AM
6314 posts,
#90005, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 42

pics will be up when i find my damn camera!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #89820 Previous topic | Next topic