Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #874
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problems with clear corners comming out!" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-20-01 08:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#874, "Problems with clear corners comming out!"

Alright it has only happened twice, but the first time I was going 60 or so and bottomed out really really bad and so I pulled over to see if I broke my front end but the only thing that happened was the clear corner fell out. Second yesterday I was going maybe 100 or so and when I got home it was off. Did you guys do anything to keep yours from comming off?

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
try bending the clip out further to make it lock in more securely, TeamDeanoD, Jan-20-01 09:10 AM, #1
RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!, Tom95Esi, Jan-20-01 09:43 AM, #2
RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!, BLKOUT, Jan-20-01 10:18 AM, #3
RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!, cyan, Jan-20-01 04:50 PM, #4
RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-21-01 01:05 AM, #5
RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!, js99rs, Jan-21-01 08:26 AM, #6
RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!, Teameclipse804, Jan-21-01 12:01 PM, #7
RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!, Justin, Jan-23-01 03:16 PM, #8
      RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!, oRACLe063, Jan-24-01 01:24 AM, #9

TeamDeanoDJan-20-01 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#875, "try bending the clip out further to make it lock in more securely"
In response to Reply # 0

or just drop the $20 and buy a new set.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Tom95EsiJan-20-01 09:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
70 posts,
#876, "RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!"
In response to Reply # 0

Mine both fell out along with my fog lights when I creamed this dead deer laying in the middle of the road on Rt. 80 going 75mph. The thing hit right in the middle of the bottom lip of my bumper. I thought for sure it was cracked but all that happened was all my lights fell out.

". . .the Eclipse/Talon looks like it's going a hundred
miles an hour when it's sitting in the driveway."

BLKOUTJan-20-01 10:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
218 posts,
#877, "RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!"
In response to Reply # 0

What I did with my lenses was to put double sided tape on the back of them. Not the kind like scotch tape but the thick kind like emblem tape. What this did was to help the lense stick to the bumper and also it helped the clip hold them in place by making the fit tighter. My front-end isn't as flexible as the stock one but I still had some probs with my lenses falling out. After I did this they never fell out again.
Joe
97 GS w/ Hahn stage 2
Keep cruisin' & keep the shiny side up.
http://joeseclipse.homestead.com

Yeah I got two tens in the back...two ten pound bottles!!!!

Joe
97 GS w/ HRC stage 2 +

cyanJan-20-01 04:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#878, "RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!"
In response to Reply # 3

mine did that all them time with my first kit, but i solved it pretty easily, i bought a bumper with no bumper lights in it. but if you keep them you could try bending the metal clips a little farther out so that they hold the light in tighter.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TeamStan2gntJan-21-01 01:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#879, "RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!"
In response to Reply # 0

Everytime I take mine out I put some clear silicon adhesive on the tabs. The stock ones fall out too if you take them out too much. They wont fall out with the adhesive but can still be popped out with a screw driver (dont use JB weld hehe).

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

js99rsJan-21-01 08:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#880, "RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!"
In response to Reply # 5

right after i got my car i hit a deer. when i got out nothing happened except the stock driverside corner fell out and there was deer snot and hair everywhere. any way i just snapped it back in and went on. when i got my clears they kept falling out for like a week so i just kept putting them back in and eventually they just stayed. i really cant explain why. i just thought id tell my story

-jason

Teameclipse804Jan-21-01 12:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#881, "RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!"
In response to Reply # 0

Mine fell out ALL the time when I had stock lens and bumper. What I ended up doing was putting some eletrical tape on the tap so that the fit would be tighter. Then when I put it in, I would hit the bumper and lens really hard in all sorts of ways to make sure it was in tight. Mine fell out without speeding, just occasionally for no reason...but my clear corners haven't done that yet.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

JustinJan-23-01 03:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
73 posts,
#882, "RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!"
In response to Reply # 7

I think my solution works quite well..

I used Velcro! Works like a charm!

oRACLe063Jan-24-01 01:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#883, "RE: Problems with clear corners comming out!"
In response to Reply # 8

i did the same with the velcro ...thats so funny ...i was getting so fed up with those clear lights ....aftermarket piece o crap .... honestly since i put the adhesive velcro tapes on it ..it hasnt falled off. i hear the velcro nets 2 horse each strip ....food for thought

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #874 Previous topic | Next topic