Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #87010
View in linear mode

Subject: ""For Off Road Use Only"" Previous topic | Next topic
awugodJul-10-05 04:13 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2005
28 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87010, ""For Off Road Use Only""

WTF, I buy these fog lights from cardomain. Nowhere does it mention that they are not for highway use and then when I get them, it says ont hem for off road use only. What the hell, what do you all think, would you use them anyway?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: "For Off Road Use Only", joeck76, Jul-10-05 04:16 PM, #1
RE: "For Off Road Use Only", tim97rs, Jul-10-05 05:53 PM, #2
RE: "For Off Road Use Only", djtrickee, Jul-10-05 06:59 PM, #3
      RE: "For Off Road Use Only", totaleclipse_05, Jul-10-05 11:43 PM, #4
           RE: "For Off Road Use Only", tim97rs, Jul-11-05 03:57 AM, #5
                RE: "For Off Road Use Only", djtrickee, Jul-11-05 05:47 AM, #6
                     RE: "For Off Road Use Only", FlyinEsi, Jul-11-05 09:38 AM, #7
                          RE: "For Off Road Use Only", 96rs-t, Jul-11-05 11:19 AM, #8
                               RE: "For Off Road Use Only", FlyinEsi, Jul-12-05 04:20 AM, #12
RE: "For Off Road Use Only", awugod, Jul-11-05 05:09 PM, #9
      RE: "For Off Road Use Only", totaleclipse_05, Jul-11-05 08:25 PM, #10
           RE: "For Off Road Use Only", Ducking_Fumbass, Jul-12-05 01:37 AM, #11
                RE: "For Off Road Use Only", destruckeclipse, Jul-12-05 06:16 AM, #13

joeck76Jul-10-05 04:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87011, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 0

what the hell would you need fog lights for when your off road? i dont know what they mean by that, but id put stockers in they look the best and fit perfect if your stock in the front

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tim97rsJul-10-05 05:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#87017, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 1

damn near everything you buy to "mod" your car with is going to say that. its just a CYA thing for the company.

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

djtrickeeJul-10-05 06:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#87021, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by tim97rs
damn near everything you buy to "mod" your car with is going to say that. its just a CYA thing for the company.

be careful. if you're NOT off-roading and you get pulled over... then, well, all I can say is: WATCH OUT!!!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

totaleclipse_05Jul-10-05 11:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#87026, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by djtrickee
be careful. if you're NOT off-roading and you get pulled over... then, well, all I can say is: WATCH OUT!!!

exactly what he said.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

tim97rsJul-11-05 03:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#87030, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Originally posted by djtrickee be careful. if you're NOT off-roading and you get pulled over... then, well, all I can say is: WATCH OUT!!!
exactly what he said.

you only have to worry if the officer who pulls you over is certified to be an "off-road device" inspecter. he should have a tab sewn onto his sleave...

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

djtrickeeJul-11-05 05:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#87033, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by tim97rs
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Originally posted by djtrickee be careful. if you're NOT off-roading and you get pulled over... then, well, all I can say is: WATCH OUT!!!
exactly what he said.
you only have to worry if the officer who pulls you over is certified to be an "off-road device" inspecter. he should have a tab sewn onto his sleave...

I always seem to "get lucky" when I get pulled over around here. Must be our all female off-road police force...

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

FlyinEsiJul-11-05 09:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#87043, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 6

Off Road Use Only on fog lights probably has to do with the wattage of bulb being used. Most states have a law about the maximum watts of your bulbs combine that can be used. Something like 200 watts total. So, you take your headlights at 55w and add 50w fog lights, you are going to have 220 watts. Which is illegal, but I would say highly unlikely to get pulled over for.

Oh, and "Off Road Use" means either, our in the boonies, or "track use".

96rs-tJul-11-05 11:19 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#87047, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 7

what type of foglights do you have flyinEsi? they seem to fit perfectly into your bezel.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

FlyinEsiJul-12-05 04:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#87068, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by 96rs-t
what type of foglights do you have flyinEsi? they seem to fit perfectly into your bezel.

I just got some Autozone specials. They just happened to fit up perfectly.

awugodJul-11-05 05:09 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2005
28 posts,
#87061, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 1

See thats the thing, its a Bomex front bumper and I needed fog light with about 3 and half in diameter to fit right, stockers wont do. Oh well, damn the man I am putting them in anyway. If I get pulled over I can always try giving them my military ID, sometimes I get hooked up for that. Sometimes the cops are pricks and dont even care. Oh well, if I can die for my country I should be able to put whatever damn fog lights in I want to.

totaleclipse_05Jul-11-05 08:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#87064, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 9

just put them on anyways. from where im from i have never heard of anyone getting pulled over for fog lights on their car. dont know if this is a common occurence in other states, but i say just do it anyways.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Ducking_FumbassJul-12-05 01:37 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#87065, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 10

Just about any aftermarket part built by anybody reputable will say that. The AF/X UDP says the same thing.

destruckeclipseJul-12-05 06:16 AM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#87077, "RE: "For Off Road Use Only""
In response to Reply # 11

CA will pull you over for anything! Who cares though really, just turn them off when your on a street with a cop.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #87010 Previous topic | Next topic