Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #866
View in linear mode

Subject: "Projectors & Altezza's" Previous topic | Next topic
CoBen67Jan-19-01 12:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
94 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#866, "Projectors & Altezza's"

Hi all,

I have altezza's installed on my car and I am getting projector lights with blue lens'. I went to the garage {Pennsylvania} for inspection. They would NOT pass my car. According to the inspector the lights dont have the proper amout of red in square inches nor can I have a reflective surface in the rear of the car.:o {never mind that the lexus's have them stock} Ok..now for the question....before I install the projectors will I get pulled over by the police because of the color of the light emitted? I wont put them on till AFTER inspection. What kind fo bulbs should I use? Anyone from PA {York area} know of a good garage that isnt such a stickler? Thanks all

Marcus
CoBen67
98 Eclipse GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cyanJan-19-01 03:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#867, "RE: Projectors & Altezza's"
In response to Reply # 0

fuck that dude, report the garage that wont pass you to DOT or something. street legal means just that, he is not the DOT President, hes just a dumbass.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

phatGSJan-19-01 04:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#868, "RE: York..."
In response to Reply # 0

Know where Cecil County Maryland is?

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

TeamStan2gntJan-19-01 04:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#869, "RE: Projectors & Altezza's"
In response to Reply # 0

With the blue ion projector lens you should be able to get by inspection. use the standard bulbs (no hypers unless they are white/no blue hue). The lense are ion therefore emitts a yellow beam (thats what all ion blue lamps do. when white light passes through the blue ion it emmits a yellow beam). To me its a little too yellow for my taste but to the avg. joe or when driving by it appears like regular bulbs/normal color. After inspection get hyper bulbs (I use Polarg euro white) to nearly eliminate the yellow and add the slight blue tint (looks nuetral but bright). The headlights technically shouldn't pass (they aren't DOT aprroved) but the Altezzas should. That ass you delt with doesn't know what the hell he's talking about (like he knows how much red reflection is required. Since when has that been a perameter for inspection. Does he measure all rear lamps. Are Del sols and Neons legal cuase they use bit red reflectors. Please. Gimme a break.) Make him show you his source of information or report him.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #866 Previous topic | Next topic