Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #850
View in linear mode

Subject: "Eclipse RS - Modded name" Previous topic | Next topic
Ryan_HesJan-19-01 07:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#850, "Eclipse RS - Modded name"

I have an Eclipse RS. I don't plan on getting turbo, nor am I getting NOS for a long while.

However, I am getting aftermarket sideskirts, spoiler, nice muffler (Dual 4in. tip stainless steel), Ice Man Cold Air Intake, underdrive pulley.

I already have clear taillights, clear sidemarkers, fog lights, rims, windshield decal...etc --- Okay, here's the point:

I want to change the name of it, on the back of the car.

Mitsubishi Eclipse RS<----It isn't an RS....It is much different.

Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-R? , RS-X? What have other people used and what are their meanings. What should I use? Should I rid of it completely, hmmm -- just want opinions and such, thanks.

~~Ryan

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, cyan, Jan-19-01 07:03 AM, #1
RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, Ryan_RS, Jan-22-01 02:41 PM, #7
RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, 97_Rs_R, Jan-19-01 07:07 AM, #2
RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-19-01 10:37 AM, #3
      RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-19-01 11:05 AM, #4
           RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-19-01 01:17 PM, #5
                RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-19-01 01:50 PM, #6
                     RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, Team96NOS_Eclipse, Jan-22-01 04:16 PM, #8
                          RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, js99rs, Jan-23-01 05:25 AM, #9
                               RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, oRACLe063, Jan-24-01 04:51 AM, #10
                                    RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name, cyan, Jan-24-01 09:43 AM, #11
                                         Rice .., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-24-01 11:03 AM, #12
                                              RE: Rice .., Ryan_RS, Jan-24-01 12:29 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Rice .., GSsport, Jan-26-01 03:16 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Rice .., js99rs, Jan-27-01 10:31 AM, #15

cyanJan-19-01 07:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#851, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 0

uhm,unless you sell the car and buy a different one its still an RS, even if you add a turbo kit its still an RS, a turbo RS. just take the stickers off the back hatch, or aew we turning into honduhs with their whole accord,civic,prelude typeR thing?
but if you must change the name might as well kill two birds with one stone and mock the honduhs at the same time, call it an RS Type-R
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ryan_HesJan-22-01 02:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#852, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 1

Haha. Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Type R Pfff.....that would be hilarious. But, c'mon, that's just lame. I'll leave it RS, for now.

Ryan
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

97_Rs_RJan-19-01 07:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
#853, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 0

RS-R is mine =) hehehehe i like it has a ring to it and stuff of if u do go turo RS-T RS-SE RS-LM what ever u like iM RS-R though

"Do u have The Need For Speed?"
Christopher Skaggs
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs-R
yaroze_x@hotmail.com
ICQ# 98288840
aol# YarozeX

Mod's
Custom intake w/ K&N Filter Charger
NGK Bk-11 spark plugs
8.0mm Plug wires
2 12" Cerwin Vega Subs in a bandpass box
2 6 1/2 Alpine Speekers
Pioneer head unit
Painted dash trim
Carbon fiber bezel
Removed trunk interior
Clear marker lights
Xenon low beam bulbs

TeamJasonESi_TJan-19-01 10:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#854, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 2

lol...Hey Ryan, you're just JEALOUS!!

BTW, I got my new muffler on man, so I can get you that dual muffler one you like!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

TeamMichael_97RSJan-19-01 11:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#855, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey how's the new exhaust set Jason? Did the Pacesetter piping work?

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TeamJasonESi_TJan-19-01 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#856, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 4

Yes, Michael. Worked perfect man. The guy that I had put it on didn't say anything about trouble.(I had someone else install b/c of the welding that was needed and the obvious cold weather...it's also relatively cheap) It was a close fit by adding the cherry bomb as a resonator but he was able to do it by trimming the outlet of the cherry bomb a tad. Otherwise, everything works and sounds great.

With my present muffler and piping setup, the top end after 4000 rpm's is NOTICEABLY more powerful and freer. The tach just jumps over now at that level and I love hearing the car scream now at 6000rpm's. With the stock setup, I didn't even have to look over to my tach to know when to shift, but now, it goes so quickly, I have to pay closer attention. Also, because of my current setup, the low end is all there still and quiet. No loss of torque or anything....

I really must say that I'm completely pleased with it now. It's completely quiet and aggressive sounding at idle and NO DRONING. I now completely know the difference between a healthy low growl on the exterior of the car and an annoying drone within the car's interior all with a simple change of muffler. It's funny because both mufflers are straight through with a dual design, but something within them made a big difference. Right now, it's completely quiet within the car!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

TeamMichael_97RSJan-19-01 01:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#857, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 5

Sweet, I justtalked to Howell amnd they have shipped my UDP and TB back so I should have it soon. I'll let you know when I plan on putting them in.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Team96NOS_EclipseJan-22-01 04:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
294 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#858, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 6

How about modding my cars name. Maybe I should just rice it up and add a factory RS sticker.

Ray
96 Eclipse Base Model
Best 14.6@93 w/60 shot

1997 Eclipse RS
1991 Eclipse GSX
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 turbo
(tinker car)
1996 Eclipse base model RIP

js99rsJan-23-01 05:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#859, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 8

y doesnt everyone just give in to temptation and put Si-R really big across the back window.

just kidding...that would bring shame to every eclipse/talon/lazer ever built

-jason

oRACLe063Jan-24-01 04:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#860, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 9

how about the R Sport

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

cyanJan-24-01 09:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#861, "RE: Eclipse RS - Modded name"
In response to Reply # 10

yeah but r sport isnt changing anything just shortening the abbreviation for "rally" and lengthening the "s" abreviation to sport. but it sounds cool though
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-24-01 11:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#862, "Rice .."
In response to Reply # 11

Geez... Not to sound like a dick or anything, but an RS is an RS is an RS is an RS is an RS is an RS is an RS. You can add whatever you want to it, change it totally from stock, and it's still an RS Eclipse. Like mine, it's a GS. it's gotta biggass turbo on it, but it's not a GST. It's just a GS. It'll always be a GS. Why change a good thing?

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Ryan_HesJan-24-01 12:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#863, "RE: Rice .."
In response to Reply # 12

That's one way to look at it, and I think I'm gonna agree with you.

Ryan
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

GSsportJan-26-01 03:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
109 posts,
#864, "RE: Rice .."
In response to Reply # 13

Yes but...some of us have GS Sports...so are they GS-S's.....lol.....just kidding....I think leave the RS on...that way people can know they got beat by a "non-turbo" eclipse.

js99rsJan-27-01 10:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#865, "RE: Rice .."
In response to Reply # 14

LAST EDITED ON 27-Jan-01 AT 03:34 PM (PST)

i personally like the clean look. the first thing i did when i got mine home was take the big "AUTO WORLD" sticker off. and by the way what does the "g" stand for? rs=rally sport gs=?

-jason

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #850 Previous topic | Next topic