Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #83369
View in linear mode

Subject: "need some info on reat seat mounting" Previous topic | Next topic
1995talonApr-01-05 06:05 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83369, "need some info on reat seat mounting"
Apr-01-05 06:05 PM by 1995talon

i have a 95 talon esi that had the 1 piece rear seat and im putin in some eclipse rear seats that are n 2 pieces.so i needto drill 2 holes into the car for support in the middle.now what i want to know is what is under there? am i going to hit the fuel tank or anything? LMK

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: need some info on reat seat mounting, a_miller_76, Apr-01-05 08:42 PM, #1
RE: need some info on reat seat mounting, eclipse_99rs, Apr-02-05 01:29 AM, #2
RE: need some info on reat seat mounting, optimuspeterson, Apr-02-05 05:48 AM, #3
RE: need some info on reat seat mounting, eclipse982nrRST, Apr-02-05 12:42 PM, #4
      RE: need some info on reat seat mounting, a_miller_76, Apr-02-05 01:21 PM, #5
           RE: need some info on reat seat mounting, eclipse982nrRST, Apr-02-05 03:28 PM, #6
                RE: need some info on reat seat mounting, 1995talon, Apr-03-05 08:16 PM, #7
                     RE: need some info on reat seat mounting, 1995talon, Apr-06-05 06:14 PM, #8

a_miller_76Apr-01-05 08:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83370, "RE: need some info on reat seat mounting"
In response to Reply # 0

You sure you need to drill holes? I'm pretty sure that the mounts are already there.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse_99rsApr-02-05 01:29 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#83371, "RE: need some info on reat seat mounting"
In response to Reply # 1

The rear seat should fit right in.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

optimuspetersonApr-02-05 05:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#83374, "RE: need some info on reat seat mounting"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 1995talon
i have a 95 talon esi that had the 1 piece rear seat and im putin in some eclipse rear seats that are n 2 pieces.so i needto drill 2 holes into the car for support in the middle.now what i want to know is what is under there? am i going to hit the fuel tank or anything? LMK

if you really don't have the mounts then the place that you would be drilling would be where gas tank is (90% positive). So to be sure you would have to drop the tank to be sure you don't drill into it.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

eclipse982nrRSTApr-02-05 12:42 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#83388, "RE: need some info on reat seat mounting"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by optimuspeterson
Originally posted by 1995talon i have a 95 talon esi that had the 1 piece rear seat and im putin in some eclipse rear seats that are n 2 pieces.so i needto drill 2 holes into the car for support in the middle.now what i want to know is what is under there? am i going to hit the fuel tank or anything? LMK
if you really don't have the mounts then the place that you would be drilling would be where gas tank is (90% positive). So to be sure you would have to drop the tank to be sure you don't drill into it.

no, you would drill 2 holes in the little hump right after the tank. there are 2 bolts that hold the bottom rear seat in place and the 2 snaps up front in which you should have already have. yuo wont drill into the tank.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

a_miller_76Apr-02-05 01:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#83397, "RE: need some info on reat seat mounting"
In response to Reply # 4

I just looked again, the holes that I thought were there were actually the seat belt holes. Everything else is covered in Dynamat so i have no idea if they exist or not.

eclipse982nrRSTApr-02-05 03:28 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#83399, "RE: need some info on reat seat mounting"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by a_miller_76
I just looked again, the holes that I thought were there were actually the seat belt holes. Everything else is covered in Dynamat so i have no idea if they exist or not.

he will be fine. there is no drilling required thats going to end up in the tank. its after the tank where you have to drill and tap 2 holes.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

1995talonApr-03-05 08:16 PM
626 posts,
#83425, "RE: need some info on reat seat mounting"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by a_miller_76 I just looked again, the holes that I thought were there were actually the seat belt holes. Everything else is covered in Dynamat so i have no idea if they exist or not.
he will be fine. there is no drilling required thats going to end up in the tank. its after the tank where you have to drill and tap 2 holes.

cool.there are no holes in the meddel only on the sides(i hadt he one piece seat) yeah there isa little hump about where the holes need to go but the seat brackets wont reach to the top of it.the only why i see i could is beside the hump..

1995talonApr-06-05 06:14 PM
626 posts,
#83552, "RE: need some info on reat seat mounting"
In response to Reply # 7

i checked out the eclipse the seats came from and that hump is wider in the eclipse then it is on my talon.so can i drill down to mount or not?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #83369 Previous topic | Next topic