Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #81691
View in linear mode

Subject: "'99 Eclipse H-3 bulb replacment for road lights..." Previous topic | Next topic
snufalufagus040Feb-17-05 04:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
332 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81691, "'99 Eclipse H-3 bulb replacment for road lights..."

i searched, but couldn't find what i was looking for. i was wondering if there was a write up for changing the stock road light bulbs for a '99 GS. i jacked my car up one day to take a look (when it was much warmer and i had a garage), and couldn't see how to crack/unscrew the roadlight housings. anyone have a write up how to change the lights, or a little advice? TIA!

http://www.snuFaluFagus.com --- electronic music made by me - hard house, drum and bass, trip hop, metal, breaks, etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Silv BltFeb-17-05 06:58 PM
Member since Apr 21st 2004
176 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81692, "RE: '99 Eclipse H-3 bulb replacment for road lights..."
In response to Reply # 0

You have to unbolt the fog light unit from the bracket. I think there's two screws on one side of the projector. After you take off the light unit, you can remove its back panel with just a few screws. After that its just a clip that holds in the bulb. Good luck!

She's been sold My best friend bought her though, so she's still in good hands.

Daily driver: 1993 Nissan Altima
Rocketship: 1985 Honda VF1100S
Project car: 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kain_99gsFeb-18-05 11:28 AM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#81699, "RE: '99 Eclipse H-3 bulb replacment for road lights..."
In response to Reply # 1

Unbolting the foglights are kind of a PITA. i recently found that if you jack up your car, you can get to the 3 screws on the bottom of the drivers side foglight. This might be difficult to imagine if you haven't changed it out before, but after fiddling you will see what i am talking about. For the Passenger side, if you cannot get to the 3 screws, it is much easier to take out. Use a socket to take out the 2 bolts on your right, then twist the fixture so you can have better access to the 3rd and final bolt.

snufalufagus040Mar-15-05 05:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
332 posts,
#82648, "RE: '99 Eclipse H-3 bulb replacment for road lights..."
In response to Reply # 2

Just wanted to say thanks guys... It wasn't too bad at all. On my 99 GS, it was easy to get to the 3 screws under the housing on both sides, once I had the car jacked high enough. The only thing that sucked is that those screwheads were pretty stripped, but a little WD-40 worked them loose easily.

http://www.snuFaluFagus.com --- electronic music made by me - hard house, drum and bass, trip hop, metal, breaks, etc...

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #81691 Previous topic | Next topic