Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #789
View in linear mode

Subject: "Front bumpers" Previous topic | Next topic
nick95rs (Guest)Jan-13-01 05:39 PM

#789, "Front bumpers"

Well some moron pulled out in front of me last week and i ran smack into the side of them. I now am thinking that since i need a new bumper anyway i mine as well get a cool one. I am thinking about the combat from Andy's auto sport. I would like to know everyones opinon on this bumper, hte fit and finish and just their opinon on the looks of it. I would greatly appreiciate everyones input on this.

Thanks

Nick

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Front bumpers, cyan, Jan-15-01 12:41 PM, #1
Don't get Andys.., Teameclipse804, Jan-15-01 03:15 PM, #2
      RE: Don't get Andys.., TeamStan2gnt, Jan-16-01 12:55 AM, #3
           (long), cyan, Jan-16-01 05:39 AM, #4
                RE: (long), Teameclipse804, Jan-16-01 10:01 AM, #5
                     RE: (long), Teamicjeclipse, Jan-16-01 01:41 PM, #6
                     The bumpers already in production..., Teameclipse804, Jan-17-01 08:52 AM, #9
                     RE: (long), cyan, Jan-16-01 04:16 PM, #7
                          RE: (long), Teamicjeclipse, Jan-17-01 06:27 AM, #8

cyanJan-15-01 12:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#790, "RE: Front bumpers"
In response to Reply # 0

well both versions of the kombat bumper are pretty played...they were the first two designs. i used to have the erebuni shogun (identical to andy's Combat Bomb) if you must go with one of these two i would pick the bomb, its a little more noticeable, but if you like the clean look then the regular combat is it. the blitz is becoming now what the erebuni was before, its getting played and im about to sell mine. check www.importfan.com, www.wholesalehyperformance.com, www.asylumms.com and www.visracing.com for the biggest selection of kits for the eclipse. i have them all linked to my site as well as some pictures of several eclipses with different kits if you want to look
www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teameclipse804Jan-15-01 03:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#791, "Don't get Andys.."
In response to Reply # 1

From what I hear, Andy's has some of the worst quality and fit kits out there. VIS makes almost every style that andy's makes, and is much better. E-mail me at eclipse804@hotmail.com if you want to get anything from VIS cheap.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

TeamStan2gntJan-16-01 12:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#792, "RE: Don't get Andys.."
In response to Reply # 2

Which is why I just went with a 97 eclipse front end. I've seen those fiberglass front ends after one drive too many into the driveway. Hidious cracks and damage are an accidental smack away. Reason #2 is as cyan stated. Whatever you get will likely be played in a years time (my whole reasoning for doing 97 eclipse mods: side skirts, front ect instead of aftermarket). Stock never gets played (and flexes).

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

cyanJan-16-01 05:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#793, "(long)"
In response to Reply # 3

depending on how into looks you are (im all the way) you can use that coupled with your threshold for inconvenience to decide whether you get stock or fiberglass. if you cant deal with taking the long way every now and then, or cant deal with not being able to pull in some places at all, or if you just have a steep driveway, then your choice is made. as for fiberglass, some kits sit lower than others anyway. take ground designs kits. tehy dont make eclipse kits yet but an interesting fact is that their kits are so low they wont sell you an accord kit, for example, if it is lowered more than about 2.5" why? because the kit only sits 3.5 inches form the ground when the car is at stock height. the kit would barely even go on if its slammed. my friends accord is dropped 2" and he has about 2 inches of clearance in the rear. other kits (like the battle z front end) are obnoxiously ill-shaped. the sides are low (mine are 2 inches off the ground) but the front slopes so awkwardly that it sits about 5 or 6 inches off the ground and looks horrible. this slant is the one thing thats causing me to sell my battle z front, but if you are the cautious type, it is relatively easy to drive on wihtout damaging. final note, all 3 sections of my kit are ViS and all three fit very well.

Teameclipse804Jan-16-01 10:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#794, "RE: (long)"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey Cyan, sounds to me like you got the exact same battle z front I did. Its NOT supposed to sit like that. THe reason is whoever copied it made the sides wrong. Did your side (near the fender) curve upwards or did it have an awkward curve to it? Mine had this awkward shape so the side ended up really low.

Also, I saw the street weapon drift kit in person, and it appears to be made of pretty good fiberglass. Not sure how well it fits yet but will find out soon...

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

TeamicjeclipseJan-16-01 01:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#795, "RE: (long)"
In response to Reply # 5

I hear Andy's stuff is really thin and fits horribly. Get VIS.

For a non-played out bumper go with the VIS Skyline, Street Fyghter, or Showoff. I have only seen the Street Fyghter on the street once(on that yellow, flared Eclipse) and the Skyline on the street once(the actual car VIS has on their website, looks better in person than on their website). And anything custom.

My Battle Z slopes slightly but i don't think my is nearly as bad as your guys.

Marcus what is happening with the custom front end you have on yours? Are you guys going to put it into production?

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Teameclipse804Jan-17-01 08:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#796, "The bumpers already in production..."
In response to Reply # 6

Hey Ian, the front I made is already sent off to the manufacturer. Its "supposed" to come back sometime near the end of January, and my car's supposed to be finished in February. All the Honda guys at the shop love it haha...we'll see how fellow eclipse owners think about it...I'll let you know once its out...

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

cyanJan-16-01 04:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#797, "RE: (long)"
In response to Reply # 5

nah, mine is the same as all the others, look at icjeclipses in this thread, it slants exactly like that. my sides fit perfectly on the drivers side, but the none of my kits have fit on the passenger side by about .5 inches because i have concluded that the passenger fender was dented by the previous owner (a girl no less) because my headlights on that side dont fit perfectly either. but it does slant, that may be how all of them are

TeamicjeclipseJan-17-01 06:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#798, "RE: (long)"
In response to Reply # 7

I just measured my front bumper. The lowest point on the side was 5 inches and the highest point on the front was 5.5 inches. The picture just makes it look like that. That is the left side measurements, the right is a little worse but not much.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #789 Previous topic | Next topic