Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #775
View in linear mode

Subject: "Moisture in Altezza's" Previous topic | Next topic
CoBen67Jan-12-01 07:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
94 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#775, "Moisture in Altezza's"

I have moisture in my ALtezzaII's ...any ideas how to ge them out and seal them? I was thinking clear caulking type material but I need to get the water droplets out first.

Thanks all

CoBen67
Marcus
98EclipseGS

{Pic's this summer when it's nice out!}

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Moisture in Altezza's, CorgiEclipse, Jan-13-01 05:47 AM, #1
RE: Moisture in Altezza's, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jan-17-01 03:19 PM, #2
RE: Moisture in Altezza's, MYBISHI, Jan-18-01 12:15 PM, #3
RE: Moisture in Altezza's, eclipse_gs, Jan-22-01 05:56 AM, #4
oRACLe has solution, oRACLe063, Jan-22-01 09:38 AM, #5
      RE: oRACLe has solution, Justin, Jan-23-01 03:07 PM, #6
           RE: oRACLe has solution, cyan, Jan-23-01 04:17 PM, #7
                RE: oRACLe has solution, oRACLe063, Jan-24-01 04:47 AM, #8

CorgiEclipseJan-13-01 05:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
15 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#776, "RE: Moisture in Altezza's"
In response to Reply # 0

The only way to let it out for sure is to put it in the sun to evaporate. Then caulk with clear silicone. That is what I have heard. Haven't had that problem with mine, thank goodness, yet!! Good luck

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

9D9 MITSU RSJan-17-01 03:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#777, "RE: Moisture in Altezza's"
In response to Reply # 1

In the center piece? I got it too. My friend puthis outer clear piece on the back of his clear tail light piec. I am running clear center piece and altezza sides. Looks like shit, gottad something else soon.

MYBISHIJan-18-01 12:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
46 posts,
#778, "RE: Moisture in Altezza's"
In response to Reply # 0

I had the same problem with mine too. I used the clear caulking for my center piece and it worked pretty good for me. I'm not sure what to do about the side pieces though. I still get a little moisture in those too. Recently I took off my center altezza and painted my stock piece to match the color of my car. I think it looks pretty good and i don't have to worry about water spots anymore.

-MYBISHI

eclipse_gsJan-22-01 05:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#779, "RE: Moisture in Altezza's"
In response to Reply # 0

Dammit....mine too. I just go the carbon fiber look altezza's. Went to wash the car and the right lense has moisture in it. Pisses me off. Did they expect our cars to never be washed?? Maybe it was the pressure washer. Does water get in there if you just use a regular hose? What brand of silicone are you guys using and where do you apply it?

oRACLe063Jan-22-01 09:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#780, "oRACLe has solution"
In response to Reply # 4

ok now take out the center piece and slowly submerge them in water there are many leak points thats why i suggest this than seal with epoxy. good luck

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

JustinJan-23-01 03:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
73 posts,
#781, "RE: oRACLe has solution"
In response to Reply # 5

I just got the 'Ruby Red altezzas'..with the clear red lens..

The right side has leaks..

This is what I did..

Too off the light..wrapped tissue paper firmly (with a bit of tape) around a coat hanger...stuck it through the corner blubs hole...took out all the droplets..sealed with clear silicone..

easy as that

cyanJan-23-01 04:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#782, "RE: oRACLe has solution"
In response to Reply # 6

oh come on people, fuck these ideas, use your heads. all you have to do is take out one of the bulbs and blow a hairdryer in the hole on HI. it takes about2 minutes to evaporate. (at least it did for my headlights) then use some silicon and seal them
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

oRACLe063Jan-24-01 04:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#783, "RE: oRACLe has solution"
In response to Reply # 7

cyan duh !! .... i did that the first time i sealed them and they leaked again and slowly purged out and the hair dryed takes awhile before even remotly evaporating all the humidity in the euro's ...they are much bigger than headlamps ... the apc's suck you really have to seal them ...before i did the submerge thing i tryed sealing them twice to no avail. they really are annoying

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #775 Previous topic | Next topic