Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #762
View in linear mode

Subject: "Moisture in Headlights" Previous topic | Next topic
Clint97GSJan-12-01 07:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#762, "Moisture in Headlights"

Is this a cosmetic problem, or should I be worried about damage? It just started happening on one of my headlights. Is it something easily fixed?

Clint

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

endless73Jan-13-01 03:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#763, "RE: Moisture in Headlights"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, I've seen a lot of Eclipses and Talons with this problem, including mine. It always seems to be the driver's side light, too.

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cyanJan-13-01 04:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#764, "RE: Moisture in Headlights"
In response to Reply # 1

if its wet condensation then you can take out the light and blow a hairdryer in the holes to evaporate the water, then use sealant and outline the seam with it. but if the "moisture" is the dry yellowish color characteristic of the 2g-A eclipses then its permanent

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Clint97GSJan-16-01 01:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
#765, "RE: Moisture in Headlights"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah, it's just water, like condensation. I guess I'll just have to pull the light out and seal it up. Thanks guys.

Clint

TeamMichael_97RSJan-16-01 02:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#766, "RE: Moisture in Headlights"
In response to Reply # 2

Cyan, I notices that on my drivers side a while ago. What sealant did you use? when the weather gets warmer I'm going to have to pull the light and fix this. Thanks.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

cyanJan-16-01 05:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#767, "RE: Moisture in Headlights"
In response to Reply # 4

i used something we had around the house because i was too lazy to go buy some, its called liquid nails. now, no matter what you use (silicone, hot glue, caulk, elmers..ha) either way they are all going to seal it (except mayeb the elmers) because they dry and are airtight. the only decision you have is deciding about cosmetics. the silicone will obviously dry clear for the best appearance, but if your lazy like me you really can use anything you want. also, you may check the back of your lights, it may be something simple like the bulb covers arent airtight or either they are missing the rubber rings from inside them.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #762 Previous topic | Next topic