Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #705
View in linear mode

Subject: "Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse" Previous topic | Next topic
pn0ymahalJan-08-01 04:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#705, "Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse"

sup everyone, well right now im am thinking about getting a body kit... check it out, front end- buddy club... love the roundness of it on our cars thanks Rick... and kaminare or however u spell it sides or those big huge sides with those big whole anyone got a pixs of this or and name? rear- invader rear vis, its the same as the kombat rear right ?> and a wings west wing like eric c gst kind but big ass thing? will that match ?
second kit, sensi front end with the big lights in the front, same choose of sides from above, same rear bumper, either the wing like i said above or like joe parks wing its the tc kind ... its like the kaminare wing i believe?

these are my two different ways give ur opinion if u like... thanks michael 99gs

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse, mike_d, Jan-08-01 06:40 PM, #1
RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse, mike_d, Jan-08-01 06:42 PM, #2
RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse, VxROxV, Jan-08-01 07:22 PM, #3
RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse, Tony M (Guest), Jan-08-01 08:34 PM, #5
Different Rear Maybe?, Teameclipse804, Jan-08-01 08:12 PM, #4
RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse, GSwede96, Jan-09-01 08:51 AM, #6
RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse, cyan, Jan-09-01 02:11 PM, #7
      Problems with custom molding, Teameclipse804, Jan-09-01 05:06 PM, #8
body kit more..., pn0ymahal, Jan-11-01 12:13 PM, #9
RE: body kit more...sorry, rambling, cyan, Jan-12-01 04:38 PM, #10
      T&L Pricing, Teameclipse804, Jan-12-01 04:46 PM, #11
           You'd be surprised..., RAIZIN, Jan-12-01 05:26 PM, #12
                RE: You'd be surprised..., cyan, Jan-12-01 05:28 PM, #13
                     RE: You'd be surprised..., RAIZIN, Jan-12-01 06:01 PM, #14
                          RE: You'd be surprised..., cyan, Jan-13-01 04:15 PM, #15

mike_dJan-08-01 06:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#706, "RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

presonally i would get the buddy club front vis battle Z side skirts and rear bumper or the stock 97-99 rear bumper. this is actually the setup i have been thinking of getting if anyone can find a quailty buddy club front

95 Talon ESi-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mike_dJan-08-01 06:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#707, "RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

as for the wing i like the look of no wing at all. i think the lines of our cars flow so well that you dont need a wing to make it look good. but just my opinions =)

95 Talon ESi-T

VxROxVJan-08-01 07:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#708, "RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

Sensei Front
Strada F1 sides Molded
Blitz Rear
Veilside Wing

Tony M (Guest)Jan-08-01 08:34 PM

#709, "RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse"
In response to Reply # 3

ok i was struggling between the showoff and sensi front but after those pics how can i not get the sensi, my combo...sensi front, blitz sides and blitz rear

tony

Teameclipse804Jan-08-01 08:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#710, "Different Rear Maybe?"
In response to Reply # 0

In my opinion, the combat style rear bumper has been played out in show cars since a couple years ago. But now everyone gets Blitz so its also sort of getting played out. But I personally still like the Blitz rear. Of course, its all about personal opinion so you should decide what you like the most overall. Good luck.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

GSwede96Jan-09-01 08:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
345 posts,
#711, "RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

Well I can say any different than before...Personally I thin k that the Kaminari kit is the only one that really maintain the round and smooth shape of the Eclipses.....its good looking though and gives a good touch up to the car...I am puttin mine on in two weeks from no ))

1997 GST Spyder
My car on

cyanJan-09-01 02:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#712, "RE: Body kit matching need advice more... eclipse"
In response to Reply # 6

no one has made the buddy club for the eclipse yet. both wholesale and asylum are claiming they have it but i called both and they do not. it would be fairly cheap to mold another cars buddy club (accord,civic) onto our cars.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Teameclipse804Jan-09-01 05:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#713, "Problems with custom molding"
In response to Reply # 7

Actually custom molding another kit to fit our car isn't that cheap, unless you know somewhere with hookups. I think most places charge at least 600 plus the cost of bumper. Also, the easiest way is to keep the stock top half of the bumper (mainly by the headlights and the fenders) and mold the body kit bottom half (from another car) to it. The problem with this is that it can crack very easily because it is actually two pieces molded into one. If you hit a dip or parking curb hard, it can crack along the line you molded in. Good luck...

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

pn0ymahalJan-11-01 12:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#714, "body kit more..."
In response to Reply # 0

hey everyone, thanks for your input... i belive i will go with the sensi front kaminari sides and rear with the wing... do u guys think $1700 is a good price for this all install fit painted ? anyone can get these parts cheap? let me know thanks michael 99gs

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

cyanJan-12-01 04:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#715, "RE: body kit more...sorry, rambling"
In response to Reply # 9

if you mean a 4 piece kit and the rear wing all installed (do it all yourself, its so easy) and painted for $1700? thats actually a pretty good price. paint will run you about $550, so that leaves you $1150 for the kit pieces. a shop will charge you about half as much to the same amount of paint cost (275-550) for install leaving you only 600-850 for the kit if you decide to let them install it. basically what im saying is i believe it is impossible for you to do all this for $1700 of you dont do the install yourself. best case scenario with a body shop installing and painting the kit would leave you $1100, no more, for the kit, and thats being generous. you cant get the kit and wing shipped for $250 per piece.

Teameclipse804Jan-12-01 04:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#716, "T&L Pricing"
In response to Reply # 10

I'm really not sure how much these kits cost. But just FYI, T&L auto body will install and paint the entire kit for 750 using factory PPG Paint. 1700-750 leaves you 950 for the kit. I'm not sure how much the kaminari kits cost, but I could get you a complete VIS kit with wing for 800 (front, back, sides, wing). That would save you 150, but if you want Kaminari, I think you should try shopping around. 950 seems a little high for a complete kit with wing here in socal with all the competition.

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

RAIZINJan-12-01 05:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#717, "You'd be surprised..."
In response to Reply # 11

The show industry these days have body shops in competition as far as labor costs. But then again, you get what you pay for. The buddy club front end that I have only cost me 200.00 plus the price of the bumper to fit/mold to my car. Being in So-Cal, you can shop around due to unlimited resources. Also, if you can dream it...it can happen. The shops I know are known to work wonders with bodywork. We (//935DRAGGERS) have a shop called streetweapon that's located in El Cajon CA in which people come from all over state to get their work done. The owner's name is Dan Greenbank. He also makes custom kits for a variety of cars that nobody has ever even seen before. I should have had him do the work on my car. His crew does an absolutely flawless job on every car that enters the shop. Dan owns the blue MR2 with the trunk mounted semi-truck intercooler with the fans blowing down on it that was featured on the cover of Import Tuner awhile back. Come to think of it..we have had pleny of our cars featured in import tuner...even the latest one has good coverage of //935DRAGGERS. If any of you need refrence on pricing, availability, labor cost, etc. etc. just message me or email me. I'll be glad to help. BTW...I'm selling my kit to a guy in Georgia who himself has a bad-ass eclipse to start with. You know who you are.

cyanJan-12-01 05:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#718, "RE: You'd be surprised..."
In response to Reply # 12

yeah that guy thats getting your kits eclipe looks ok now, but it will look much better once he puts your kit on it.

RAIZINJan-12-01 06:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#719, "RE: You'd be surprised..."
In response to Reply # 13

I know huh...aren't you jealous Cyan?

cyanJan-13-01 04:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#720, "RE: You'd be surprised..."
In response to Reply # 14

yeah, damn him!
(maybe he will wreck the car soon and i can get the stuff)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #705 Previous topic | Next topic