Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #675
View in linear mode

Subject: "Has anyone painted there diamonds on the steering wheel?" Previous topic | Next topic
TJEclipseJan-08-01 01:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1000 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#675, "Has anyone painted there diamonds on the steering wheel?"

If so was it hard? What all would I need? I want to paint it white.

TJ

TJsEclipse@aol.com
Know Your Role Jabroni!
1998 Eclipse wit 3 JL 12's hittin it up in the back!!
Got Rice? I dont!
http://tjeclipse.homestead.com/tjspage.html

TJ

RIP Mama 7/13/04
TJEclipse@gmail.com
Just Bring it, Jabroni

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Has anyone painted there diamonds on the steering wheel?, TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-08-01 03:42 AM, #1
YUP I sure have, CorgiEclipse, Jan-08-01 05:05 AM, #2
RE: YUP I sure have, GSwede96, Jan-08-01 07:15 AM, #4
RE: Has anyone painted there diamonds on the steering wheel?, Tom95Esi, Jan-08-01 06:00 AM, #3
I painted the ram head on mine., Armond30, Jan-08-01 12:19 PM, #5
RE: I painted the ram head on mine., Ryan_RS, Jan-08-01 03:40 PM, #6
      RE: I painted the ram head on mine., cyan, Jan-09-01 02:22 PM, #7
           here is a picture of it..., cyan, Jan-09-01 02:23 PM, #8
           RE: Cyan..Pictures...., phatGS, Jan-09-01 03:54 PM, #9
           Momo, CorgiEclipse, Jan-10-01 05:11 AM, #10
                RE: Momo, jZa, Jan-11-01 02:02 PM, #11
                     RE: Momo, cyan, Jan-12-01 04:27 PM, #12
                          RE: Momo, Ryan_RS, Jan-21-01 10:24 AM, #13
                               RE: Momo, CorgiEclipse, Jan-22-01 01:10 AM, #14
                                    RE: Momo, js99rs, Jan-22-01 10:59 AM, #15
                                         RE: Momo, Ryan_RS, Jan-22-01 02:50 PM, #16

TeamMichael_97RSJan-08-01 03:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#676, "RE: Has anyone painted there diamonds on the steering wheel?"
In response to Reply # 0

Somebody here a while back used the red reflective take and cut the diamonds out and used that. Otherwise check Wyatt's site and he has what products he use to baint the bezel over the gauges. Use the same stuff it works on plastics.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CorgiEclipseJan-08-01 05:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
15 posts,
#677, "YUP I sure have"
In response to Reply # 0

It was fairly easy. I had painted the diamonds on my wheels first. Then a couple months later I got the idea to paint the steering wheel, so I decided to use the paint that I had on the wheels. It was "Testors" paint stick. Kinda like a marker, but paint comes out of the end. To prepare the diamonds, I just used a little bit of sand paper to rough up the surface a little bit, then clean off the residue and dry well. Put 1 coat in the lines, wait a couple hours and then apply another coat. So far so good on mine. Don't have a pic, but that's pretty self explanitory. It was a piece of cake, trust me.
Bev

GSwede96Jan-08-01 07:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
345 posts,
#678, "RE: YUP I sure have"
In response to Reply # 2

Hi bev!!
Havent sen you post here for a whil Cool though....and hey..I want to see that steering wheelif possible ok? I am thnking of doing the same thing....*S*

Roger.

1997 GST Spyder
My car on

Tom95EsiJan-08-01 06:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
70 posts,
#679, "RE: Has anyone painted there diamonds on the steering wheel?"
In response to Reply # 0

I painted the eagle in mine. It was not very hard, just go VERY slow and take your time. I guess they'res more detail in the eagle though. I just used white touchup paint. Since its indented in there, it doesnt really get that much wear. It really looks good with the other interior peices painted too.

Armond30Jan-08-01 12:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#680, "I painted the ram head on mine."
In response to Reply # 0

I used my touch up paint. it was difficult becasue of the extra crevices on the ram head, but it turned out well.

have fun!

Ryan_HesJan-08-01 03:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#681, "RE: I painted the ram head on mine."
In response to Reply # 5

I painted mine tonight with my touch-up paint (Marron). It was easy, but it took patience. I used electrical tape and ran it in a triangle, around my mitsu emblem -- So if I slipped, I wouldn't paint the anything else. Looks pretty sharp.

~~Ryan

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

cyanJan-09-01 02:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#682, "RE: I painted the ram head on mine."
In response to Reply # 6

if anyone wants to say screw the whole painting the gross factory wheel and buy an aftermarket one, i have an extra momo white steering wheel for sale that i was going to use for shows but i never mounted it.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

cyanJan-09-01 02:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#683, "here is a picture of it..."
In response to Reply # 7

phatGSJan-09-01 03:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#684, "RE: Cyan..Pictures...."
In response to Reply # 8

Got any pics of your car yet? Just curious.

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

CorgiEclipseJan-10-01 05:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
15 posts,
#685, "Momo"
In response to Reply # 7

I kinda like knowing that I have a working airbag...

jZaJan-11-01 02:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#686, "RE: Momo"
In response to Reply # 10

>I kinda like knowing that I
>have a working airbag...

amen

javi d
vroom n' boom
bone-stock dsm performance

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

cyanJan-12-01 04:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#687, "RE: Momo"
In response to Reply # 11

too bad based on facts, that a working air bag is actually more dangerous to you than not having one at all. some 52% more die with air bags than without. and ill be laughing for quite some time if you dont have insurance and you get that estimate to replace two airbags if you so much as bump a light pole the wrong way, it costs over $1300.
buckle up.

Ryan_HesJan-21-01 10:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#688, "RE: Momo"
In response to Reply # 12

Cheack mine out.

Ryan
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

CorgiEclipseJan-22-01 01:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
15 posts,
#689, "RE: Momo"
In response to Reply # 13

Well who on earth that has a brain, is going to drive WITHOUT insurance. Of course I have insurance. And the only people that an air bag can harm is those people who are all over the steering wheel when they drive. I personally am about as far back as I can get!!!

And that pic of the steering wheel is exactly what mine looks like!!! Some stock things are GOOD!!

js99rsJan-22-01 10:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#690, "RE: Momo"
In response to Reply # 14

i really dont think every car company and government test could be wrong. call me crazy but im gonna keep my airbag

-jason

Ryan_HesJan-22-01 02:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#691, "RE: Momo"
In response to Reply # 15

I don't believe that 52& of people die with airbags as oppesed to those without airbags. All I've heard of are rashes or small friction burns that a person can get prom an airbag, but it sure seems much better than a mouth full of windshield ot steering column..... Airbags -- A bag of air, That's not so bad

Ryan
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #675 Previous topic | Next topic