Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #57559
View in linear mode

Subject: "'97 Talon Bumper: Polyurethane or ABS Plastic?" Previous topic | Next topic
MajinVejitaXVSep-18-03 02:31 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
446 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57559, "'97 Talon Bumper: Polyurethane or ABS Plastic?"

I'm buying a bumper off a guy in Canada, as my bumper is pretty bad. He told me it was made of ABS plastic however, when I had been told they were made of polyurethane...is he wrong? Were bumpers in Canada made of a different material?

Thanks,
Corey

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

steve0677Sep-18-03 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1464 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57566, "RE: '97 Talon Bumper: Polyurethane or ABS Plastic?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-18-03 03:25 PM by steve0677

my 97 stock talon bumper i sold off my car was not polyurethane, i think its that plastic ur talking about and its much better because it has a rubbery feel to it.

03 rally red evo viii - stock
cardomain page
http://www.cardomain.com/id/steve0677

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Mr MikeSep-19-03 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#57606, "RE: '97 Talon Bumper: Polyurethane or ABS Plastic?"
In response to Reply # 1

Urethane does have a rubbery feel to it. The replica stock bumpers are usually made out of a lower quality urethane which is more like abs or a similar plastic.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #57559 Previous topic | Next topic