Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #55303
View in linear mode

Subject: "$2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?" Previous topic | Next topic
finxsterAug-15-03 07:36 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2003
252 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55303, "$2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"

I got a Bomex Body Kit, VIS Invader Hood, Z3 Fenders, GTR Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Projector Lights, and Vtech Tail light Covers installed. I got the side skirts molded, and my center light and covers painted. They also had to fix the gap around the headlights(the front bumper was for a 95-96). Are they screwing me over, or does that sound right?

http://photos.freeserve.com/public/detail.html?c_album=400479
Member#3206(LOL)

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself...

where the hell is the ceiling?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, KSeclipse, Aug-15-03 08:14 PM, #1
RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, juggalo, Aug-15-03 11:57 PM, #2
RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, PowerEclipses, Aug-16-03 04:56 AM, #3
      RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, Shockeclipse, Aug-16-03 05:11 AM, #4
           RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, chrysler kid, Aug-16-03 05:37 AM, #5
                RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, eclipseman1999, Aug-16-03 07:23 AM, #6
                     RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, blinkbizkit500, Aug-16-03 07:40 AM, #7
                          RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, eclipseman1999, Aug-16-03 09:35 AM, #8
                               RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, KaptainMyke, Aug-16-03 08:51 PM, #9
                                    RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, BuckNutty, Aug-17-03 02:38 AM, #10
                                         RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, eklipsdrvr99, Aug-17-03 06:24 AM, #11
                                              RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, nxtxracer, Aug-17-03 07:41 AM, #12
                                                   RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, eclipse_gs_1512, Aug-17-03 07:46 AM, #13
                                                        RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?, BlitzdEclipse99, Aug-18-03 09:49 AM, #14

KSeclipseAug-15-03 08:14 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
899 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55310, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 0

the fenders and bumper are the only things that needed "work" done to install, that's pretty fucking high man, i'd say definately up the ass. i'd only pay 750 for all that at most, lights u can do urself, hood is 4 bolts,tail covers are hella easy to do, i dunno i'd never pay that.

Nos Fogger Kit,AemCAI, TopFuel UDP, pacesetter cat-back, ARD bored 57mm t.b., P&P intake mani, Ractive front/rear strut bars,rear tie bar,eibach sportlines,tokico blues, morosso wires, ngkIX plugs, konig subzeros,proj. heads,gunmetal tails, rev.indiglow gauges,reverse light mod

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

juggaloAug-15-03 11:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#55312, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 0

>I got a Bomex Body Kit, VIS Invader Hood, Z3 Fenders, GTR
>Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Projector Lights, and Vtech Tail light
>Covers installed. I got the side skirts molded, and my center
>light and covers painted. They also had to fix the gap around
>the headlights(the front bumper was for a 95-96). Are they
>screwing me over, or does that sound right?

i would say if they did a kick ass job on all of it, it wasn't that bad of a price. it all depends on the quality of the work. does it look like a "strait form the factory" paint job?

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

PowerEclipsesAug-16-03 04:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#55317, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 2

dood you pretty much got a whole paint job and got all that shit installed... Front you had to fix, molding it yeah... the only thing they didnt have to do is the hood. Might be a little high but i would have to see it in person to make the real assumption

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

ShockeclipseAug-16-03 05:11 AM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#55320, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 3

Was it a true bomex kit? Because i Know with mine (knock-off) they had to do a lot of work to get it on right and stuff like that....I payed $3100 for my kit, z3's, painted center taillight, headlight install, wing install, color change, and couple other little things.

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

chrysler kidAug-16-03 05:37 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#55322, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 4

sounds like you got a deal to me

11.65 @ 115

eclipseman1999Aug-16-03 07:23 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2003
973 posts,
#55328, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-16-03 07:23 AM by eclipseman1999

I dont know if you did or not but for me I just got my car back from the body shop a week ago and had blitz rear paited,side skirts painted and molded in,fenders and rear quarter panles painted and a turbo spoiler installed and painted with all the holes shaved includeing the antenna for 647.00.Im going to try to get some pics up within a week or so.

blinkbizkit500Aug-16-03 07:40 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2002
1513 posts,
#55329, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 6

>I dont know if you did or not but for me I just got my car
>back from the body shop a week ago and had blitz rear
>paited,side skirts painted and molded in,fenders and rear
>quarter panles painted and a turbo spoiler installed and
>painted with all the holes shaved includeing the antenna for
>647.00.Im going to try to get some pics up within a week or
>so.

holy shit did you get a deal....did you know the guy??

eclipseman1999Aug-16-03 09:35 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2003
973 posts,
#55332, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 7

No.I was referred to him by a guy I knew at VersusMotorsports.I got the blitz painted first for 200.00 and then I went back to him a month later and he did the turbo wing and side skirts with them molded and all the paint blended for 447.00.

KaptainMykeAug-16-03 08:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#55362, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 8

hey i paid over 2000 for all my work to get done, so I'd say you got a fair nice deal man.

https://www.kaptainmyke.com

BuckNuttyAug-17-03 02:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#55371, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 9

Good deal IMO, molding skirts on is shitty work. Not to mention the wing install n bumpers nwn. Alot of painting and patching n whatnot. Do it up, shop around if you want, but don't feel bad paying that for all that work.

eklipsdrvr99Aug-17-03 06:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
545 posts,
#55376, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 10

That's an ok price. Might be a little high. I got my kit and fenders installed, sides molded, antenna shaved, and complete paint job w/pearl for $1100.

Mike
www.streamlinemotorsportsva.com
http://members.cardomain.com/eklipsdrvr99

nxtxracerAug-17-03 07:41 AM
Member since Jul 19th 2002
315 posts,
#55380, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 11

i'm getting sides molded, back bumper molded and installed, shaved antenna, shaved spoiler, shaved rear wiper and custom blue complete paint job for $1200.

eclipse_gs_1512Aug-17-03 07:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#55381, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 12

damn, I was quoted 2000-2500 just for a decent paint job. I was hoping only to have to pay around 1500 or so.

2007 wrx

BlitzdEclipse99Aug-18-03 09:49 AM
Member since Apr 01st 2002
388 posts,
#55453, "RE: $2500 for body work...am I getting it up the ass?"
In response to Reply # 13

LOL!! That price isn't bad if they were real good. Good things don't come cheap.

Shaved body + molded kit + C/F hood + Z3s + NSX Ducts + white with ice blue metallic pearl = Free = Sponsored by Body Shop

Custom Computers
http://www.virtual-octane.net

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #55303 Previous topic | Next topic