Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #54267
View in linear mode

Subject: "Air Fuel gauge problem" Previous topic | Next topic
zhr420Jul-31-03 10:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54267, "Air Fuel gauge problem"

ok i have the power wire of my airfuel and other gauges hooked up into a spare spot in the fuse box. but when i turn off my car the air fuel gauge is cool, meaning none of the LEDs are on, but after i few minutes or so the first or second LED come on, i know that it is working properly when the car is on.
any ideas on what is happening.
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Air Fuel gauge problem, BoostedGS, Aug-01-03 04:15 AM, #1
RE: Air Fuel gauge problem, Uberingram, Aug-01-03 02:58 PM, #2
      RE: Air Fuel gauge problem, icedout, Aug-02-03 07:23 AM, #3
           RE: Air Fuel gauge problem, jerseystyle1, Aug-02-03 10:34 AM, #4
                RE: Air Fuel gauge problem, BoostedGS, Aug-02-03 11:57 AM, #5
                     RE: Air Fuel gauge problem, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-02-03 09:28 PM, #6

BoostedGSAug-01-03 04:15 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54283, "RE: Air Fuel gauge problem"
In response to Reply # 0

The fuses in your car ALWAYS get power from the battery, so the gauge will always be on. You need to tap the power wire to something that loses power when the car is off, like the cigarette lighter.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UberingramAug-01-03 02:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#54328, "RE: Air Fuel gauge problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Correct. Switched 12v power. IE something that turns on only when the key is in the On or ACC position

icedoutAug-02-03 07:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#54350, "RE: Air Fuel gauge problem"
In response to Reply # 2

what are you guys talking about. If you put your positive to the fusebox and neg to ground after you shut off your car with the keys the power goes off for what ever is wired in the fuse box. I have done this plenty of times and my job has a lot to do with electrical. It fact all my gauges on my gsx have been hooked up this way for about two yrs now....... recheck the connection and make sure you have a good ground

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

jerseystyle1Aug-02-03 10:34 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#54355, "RE: Air Fuel gauge problem"
In response to Reply # 3

I agree with Icedout. My gauges are tapped into the fuse box (lighter fuse to be exact) and the gauges are only on when the car is on. It really depends on what fuse you are tapping

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

BoostedGSAug-02-03 11:57 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#54358, "RE: Air Fuel gauge problem"
In response to Reply # 4

Yes, it depends on which fuse you use. I originally had mine wrapped around the heater fuse, and they never turned off.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-02-03 09:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#54382, "RE: Air Fuel gauge problem"
In response to Reply # 5

it's still getting power. When i had my Jumptronix wired to the battery, my AF sat around .02v with the car off, which is why you're getting an LED lighting up on your gauge. You need to move to a different fuse, or go complicated and power it off your battery switched by a relay that sits on a switched source... personally, i like the ECU power supply wire as a switched source, as it comes on as soon as the car hits ACC, and has power while the motor is cranking. It's an oversized black wire with a white stripe, FWIW.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #54267 Previous topic | Next topic