Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #51786
View in linear mode

Subject: "Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion" Previous topic | Next topic
SILVERNTJun-30-03 06:27 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51786, "Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
Jun-30-03 06:29 PM by SILVERNT

contrary to what many people think, the rs/gs console, when stripped is the exact same thing.

Parts needed:
GS/GST/GSX Armrest (1)
GS/GST/GSX Armrest plastic hinge (2, L/R)
GS/GST/GSX Armrest metal hinge (1)
12X1/2 sheet metal screw (2)
10X1/2 sheet metal screw (4)
10X screw clip (2)
GS/GST/GSX Armrest storage console (1)

1-carefully pull out rs center storage bin (be patient), once done, you will now see where the armrest latches in, 2 slots for the plastic hinges, as well as 2 notches towards the rear of the compartment.
2-with 12X1/2 sheet metal screw, attatch metal hinge to armrest (it can only go one way)
3-with 10X1/2 sheet metal screws (2) attatch both plastic guide hinges to the left and right side of the armrest
4-with 10X screw clip (2) slide onto 2 notches mentioned previously on the rear of the console.
5-insert plastic hinge into the 2 slots previously mentioned
6-allign metal hinge with 10X screw clips (2) and screw hinge on tight with 10X1/2 sheet metal screws (2)
7-inspect all screws for tightness
8-insert/snap in GS/GST/GSX Armrest storage console (1) into center console

VOILA!!!!
you now have an rs with a GS/GST/GSX Armrest!!!

any questions on this please email them to me at aemrs@hotmail.com
Chris

PS:Thank you to Jarrad, JasonESI, and RyanHester for helping me acquire all of these parts

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, babybeclipse, Jun-30-03 06:29 PM, #1
RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, thegame, Jul-01-03 01:29 AM, #2
      RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-01-03 06:07 AM, #3
           RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, a_miller_76, Jul-01-03 06:30 AM, #4
                RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, SILVERNT, Jul-01-03 10:15 AM, #5
                     RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, TeamMichael_97RS, Jul-01-03 10:45 AM, #6
                          RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, SILVERNT, Jul-02-03 12:56 PM, #7
                               RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, likestofloorit, Jul-02-03 03:39 PM, #8
                                    RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, Nackers, Jul-03-03 10:03 AM, #9
                                         RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, SILVERNT, Jul-03-03 10:22 AM, #10
                                              RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, fauchpj, Jul-03-03 10:41 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, SILVERNT, Jul-03-03 10:43 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, dfresh, Jul-03-03 10:21 PM, #13
                                                             RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, Eric, Sep-14-10 11:45 PM, #14
RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion, csmauley, Jan-03-11 08:37 PM, #15

babybeclipseJun-30-03 06:29 PM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51788, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice wright up bro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thegameJul-01-03 01:29 AM
Member since Oct 08th 2002
1311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51796, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 1

cool. i plan on doing this someday. thanks.

14.7 @ 93mph / 7psi 185hp/180tq

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-01-03 06:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#51809, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 2

Cool. This'll go right to the main site.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

a_miller_76Jul-01-03 06:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#51810, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 3

Well holy crap on a stick, I thought that was all one piece!

SILVERNTJul-01-03 10:15 AM
4543 posts,
#51828, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 4

you learn a new thing every day

TeamMichael_97RSJul-01-03 10:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#51829, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah I discovered that after I bought the whole console part, it's fine because I may cut one up for soem reason or another... always good to have places or things you can cut up and maul without the worry about going back.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Una Salus Victus.

Mods List:
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

SILVERNTJul-02-03 12:56 PM
4543 posts,
#51934, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 6

very true

likestoflooritJul-02-03 03:39 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
397 posts,
#51938, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 7

what the heck there is a diffrence???i got a arm rest on my RS..?

97 Rs 5sp
-Intake
-Front upper strut bar
-Tint 20% o yeah
-Coilovers/KYB ADJ
-60mm TB
-P&P intake mani
-Cat Back System.
-Funny Rims?? dont lie
~likestofloorit.. (1/4=16.258)(60=2.363)

NackersJul-03-03 10:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#51998, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah Im kinda confused too... PIC'S would help.

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

SILVERNTJul-03-03 10:22 AM
4543 posts,
#52000, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 9

gs has a padded covered armrest, rs dont

fauchpjJul-03-03 10:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#52003, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 10

i would say its more than a pad...its a lid also

SILVERNTJul-03-03 10:43 AM
4543 posts,
#52004, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 11

gs has a padded >>>covered<<< armrest, rs dont

dfreshJul-03-03 10:21 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
#52040, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 12

i bought a gst console today in black with the arm rest and after i took my old one out i noticed that i could pry off the back of the cup holder where the arm rest would be......know what i found.....same shit as the arm rest people have........i thought i had something good to put on this site untill i read this thread......doesn't that suck.......if u plan on doing this please be carefull.....u can break it........i didn't but i could see how u could........also found out that the auto console is the same as the manuel console.....just have to screw in the shift boot......i thought they where different.......

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

EricSep-14-10 11:45 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#104907, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 13

After struggling with removing the RS center piece I figured out the easy way...

Push the tab on the bottom, get your fingers under the top, front of the center piece and pull up on it.

Use a screw driver to push in on the center piece in each one of the 4 slits. The corner will pop-out. Do each one at a time.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

Attachment #1, ( file)

csmauleyJan-03-11 08:37 PM
Member since Sep 06th 2010
15 posts,
#105148, "RE: Write up: RS to GS armrest conversion"
In response to Reply # 0

good job.. great cheap mod

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #51786 Previous topic | Next topic