Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #507
View in linear mode

Subject: "What kinda wings?" Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSDec-27-00 06:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#507, "What kinda wings?"

I wanna get a wing put on. I really think instead of GTR, I want a touring wing. Anyone know how much it costs to remove a factory 3-piece and fill the holes and have it painted over approximately? Any suggestions on wings that look nice? Pics would be good, or links.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What kinda wings?, Tony M (Guest), Dec-27-00 07:29 PM, #1
RE: What kinda wings?, Will, Dec-28-00 06:54 AM, #2
RE: What kinda wings?, jPhright rs t, Dec-28-00 10:33 AM, #3
      RE: What kinda wings?, jPhright rs t, Dec-28-00 10:37 AM, #4
RE: What kinda wings?, Teamicjeclipse, Dec-28-00 05:26 PM, #9
Damn..., RAIZIN, Dec-28-00 10:39 AM, #5
RE: Damn..., Teameclipse804, Dec-28-00 01:52 PM, #7
      $700 for mine to be filled, cyan, Dec-28-00 04:24 PM, #8
Damn..., RAIZIN, Dec-28-00 10:39 AM, #6
RE: Damn..., GSwede96, Dec-28-00 07:06 PM, #10
      RE: Damn..., Tony M (Guest), Dec-30-00 07:54 AM, #11

Tony M (Guest)Dec-27-00 07:29 PM

#508, "RE: What kinda wings?"
In response to Reply # 0

i was quoted $300 at macco (i know i know) whenever i was going to put a turbo spoiler on but didnt have enougb $$ to do that...another shop quoted me $700 telling me you get what you pay for after telling them of my previous quote

tony

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WillDec-28-00 06:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
153 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#509, "RE: What kinda wings?"
In response to Reply # 1

I love my turbo spoiler, I think it matches with the car's shape pretty good. The GTR wing is also a good choice.

Will
99 Black GS Sport

----------
Will
99 GS - Sold
05 G35C
2GNT Member #51

jPhright rs tDec-28-00 10:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
28 posts,
#510, "RE: What kinda wings?"
In response to Reply # 2

honestly man, those wings are expensive, and in my opinion,
not worth it...
i put on a commando wing a while ago...the wing itself was
something like $350, painting it was another $150, and fixing
the holes etc was another $150...
on top of that- they create a lot of downforce at highspeed, plus
they weigh a lot too...
my car felt so unbalanced that i took it off...
and on a front wheel drive car, the back only needs to be pushed
down very slightly

good luck

jP

jPhright rs tDec-28-00 10:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
28 posts,
#511, "RE: What kinda wings?"
In response to Reply # 3

if anything a small touring spoiler is the best option...
i've never seen an adjustable aluminum wing up front- but they look damned cool
but i have seen the touring wings that wings west, etc. put out
and they have A LOT of flex to them- not so good

jP

TeamicjeclipseDec-28-00 05:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#512, "RE: What kinda wings?"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey Macco does a good job. They made my dad's dented up Jeep look really good. He got the cheapest paint they offer and it is very shiny. There cheapest paint is 100% better than Earl Scheib's best paint, i know from my own stupid mistake.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

RAIZINDec-28-00 10:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#513, "Damn..."
In response to Reply # 0

Where are you guys going for bodywork, labor, and parts? You all are getting RIPPED off!!! 300 for filling the factory spoiler holes and paint? Geez... That's how much I had my custom hood fabricated w/ paint.

Teameclipse804Dec-28-00 01:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#514, "RE: Damn..."
In response to Reply # 5

Hey Raizin, where do you get your work done? And don't you have crazy hookups though? 300 is cheaper than a stock or fiberglass hood alone, let alone customing it and painting. Most shops do charge around 300 to just shave the holes and repaint etc...some places charge a lot more, like some of the more well known shops around here....

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

cyanDec-28-00 04:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#515, "$700 for mine to be filled"
In response to Reply # 7

well down here its not a rip-off. i removed my spoiler, wiper and antenna, and had them welded to withstand 3 12" subs vibration and it was 22 holes total with paint and every place quoted me over $700

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

RAIZINDec-28-00 10:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#516, "Damn..."
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 28-Dec-00 AT 03:40 PM (PST)

oops..sorry for the multiple post..

GSwede96Dec-28-00 07:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
345 posts,
#517, "RE: Damn..."
In response to Reply # 6

Gotta say..dont you guys do anything yourself?? I never leave my car at a shop for anything else thamn painting......all the welding....filling and sandpapering I do myself...building/adding a bodykit I do myself.....lowering the car....changing all small stuff on it...
Ok to be honest..the resewing of the interior I left to a company which only works with that kinda stuff..to advanced for me..but everything else I do myself....
I get the impression that most of the ppl over there dont do much on thier own..but leave it to shops for most stuff...is this a fair judgement or have I just gotten hooked up on those posts?*lol*
Dont take this the wrong way now..I am not flaming here..just curious...do most ppl go to shops or do they work on their own at home?

1997 GST Spyder
My car on

Tony M (Guest)Dec-30-00 07:54 AM

#518, "RE: Damn..."
In response to Reply # 10

Yes I really like doing everything I can myself like the shocks and springs and body kit fixing yadda yadda but when i comes to paint i think its just best to have someone else do it...my buddy and I went out and bought a compressor and airgun and everything else to paint his Black widow kit and just got burnt out on all the steps needed to make everything look "perfect". As for my comment towards macco my friend took his mazda in for some body work and they oversprayed all over the place and spent another month for them to fix it...I had them paint my Blitz side skirts and just gave them the sides and told them to just take the grills off whenever they paint them so they wont get oversprayed...2 days later I come back and of course they had spray on them...but they were black so it wasnt a big deal

take it easy
tony

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #507 Previous topic | Next topic