Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #49787
View in linear mode

Subject: "Please give me feedback on my idea......" Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSJun-08-03 10:50 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49787, "Please give me feedback on my idea......"

My cars paint is in shitty condition. I thought I would save up for a paint job for like a year (at least $2,000)... so until then I'm going to do all the prep-work on my car and then my and my buddy are going to paint it.... flat black.... primer that is. I'm thinking it'll look pretty sweet for a while (check out the November 2002 (I think) issue of SCC...there is a 240sx that is flat black in there... its bad.) Yeah, that's my "idea"

I'm just wondering what you would do...

a) Leave it and pay to have it prepped/painted

b) Prep it myself (My friend does bodywork for a living) and paint it flat black?

Hit me up with the feedback.

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, 1998EclipseRS, Jun-09-03 10:40 AM, #1
RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, blinkbizkit500, Jun-09-03 10:44 AM, #2
      RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, OZ_GS, Jun-09-03 10:58 AM, #3
           RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, 1998EclipseRS, Jun-09-03 02:10 PM, #4
                RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, steve0677, Jun-09-03 04:43 PM, #5
                RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jun-09-03 06:36 PM, #6
                     RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, djtrickee, Jun-09-03 08:00 PM, #8
                RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, OZ_GS, Jun-09-03 07:03 PM, #7
                     RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, 1998EclipseRS, Jun-09-03 09:15 PM, #9
                          RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, OZ_GS, Jun-10-03 03:34 AM, #10
                               RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......, 1998EclipseRS, Jun-10-03 07:15 AM, #11

1998EclipseRSJun-09-03 10:40 AM
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49813, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 0

hmm, wow.... no one cares?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

blinkbizkit500Jun-09-03 10:44 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2002
1513 posts,
#49816, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 1

imo, that is a big job and needs to be done RIGHT. I know some people who have done the work themselves, and it looks good, but if you don't know what you're doing, pay to have it done right. This isn't just a minor thing, its a MAJOR project, so if you want to have it done 100% right w/ a warranty, pay to have it done. If you think you could pull it off, by all means go for it. Good luck!

steve

OZ_GSJun-09-03 10:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#49820, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 2
Jun-09-03 10:59 AM by OZ_GS

Just my thought but if you are going for a nice looking ride you will want to get it painted professionally. I have seen way to many try it and fail miserably. Plus with a flat black car it will get dirty fast and be hard to clean. You will not get the satisfaction of spending a day waxing it and getting it SHINEY....

just my .02

Chad

Your tags are expired by the way!! hehe

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

1998EclipseRSJun-09-03 02:10 PM
3245 posts,
#49832, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 3

I agree 100% My buddy works here in Blue Springs at Car Star. He said he would do it for cheap, its really not set in stone yet I just though id see what you dudes thought. Most likley I'm doing it... when.... I don't know.

Those are my old tags Chad... my TZ-10's come in tommorrow. Sorry I had to do it. I want to be JUST LIKE CHAD!

steve0677Jun-09-03 04:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1464 posts,
#49841, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 4

that 240sx is badass... im not to sure that look will be good with our car tho

03 rally red evo viii - stock
cardomain page
http://www.cardomain.com/id/steve0677

9D9 MITSU RSJun-09-03 06:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#49861, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 5

the key to a good paint job is mostly the prep work. be sure u know how to do it right imo.
Honestly, I HATE seeing cars with primer riding around for a while. I don't hate that so much as hearing people talk about cars with 5 colors of primer being badass. (and they aren't being sarcastic) I had my front and sides sitting when I bought them (at diff. times) and the whole damn town was begging me to slap them on non-painted. Personally, I wouldn't wanna drive my car around primered. I can't say much tho. My beater needs paint BAD. But, it's a beater. For now.
Do what u want tho man, it's ur car.

djtrickeeJun-09-03 08:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#49873, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 6

) I had my front and sides sitting when I
>bought them (at diff. times) and the whole damn town was
>begging me to slap them on non-painted. Personally, I wouldn't
>wanna drive my car around primered.

Wow!! The whole damn town was beggin you!?! Even they guy that works at the 7-11?!?

OZ_GSJun-09-03 07:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#49865, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 4

>my TZ-10's come in tommorrow.
>Sorry I had to do it. I want to be JUST LIKE CHAD!

hehe ...

Very nice....What color did you get and are they 17s or 18s??

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

1998EclipseRSJun-09-03 09:15 PM
3245 posts,
#49880, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 7

Gunmetal...18's YUM. Dude I sure did bite your style, I'm so sorry. We can start the TZ-10 car club.

OZ_GSJun-10-03 03:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#49885, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 9

Ain't no thang mang.... I love those rims....It will be nice to see em in 18s cuz I may have to upgrade. Plus mine are hyperblack so they will prolly look really different.

Chad

MODS:

1998EclipseRSJun-10-03 07:15 AM
3245 posts,
#49900, "RE: Please give me feedback on my idea......"
In response to Reply # 10

Yeah, the hyperblack looks a bit lighter than the gunmetal... they didn't come in today tho. DAMN

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #49787 Previous topic | Next topic