Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #47669
View in linear mode

Subject: "pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?" Previous topic | Next topic
Jarrad_GSTMay-15-03 06:10 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
650 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47669, "pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
May-15-03 06:12 PM by Jarrad_GST

97' GST(4G63)
Evo 16G Eclipse

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, 98_silvergs, May-15-03 06:18 PM, #1
RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, Jarrad_GST, May-15-03 06:20 PM, #2
      RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, ibangdchoeclipse, May-15-03 07:03 PM, #3
      RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, widebodied, May-15-03 07:11 PM, #4
      RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, chrysler kid, May-15-03 07:16 PM, #5
           RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, 96eclipse2nr, May-15-03 07:20 PM, #6
                RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, EclipzeGamer, May-15-03 07:53 PM, #7
                     RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, EvMan2345, May-15-03 10:15 PM, #8
                          RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, chaye, May-16-03 12:49 AM, #9
                               RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, jerseystyle1, May-16-03 02:36 AM, #10
                                    RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, eclipse_gs_1512, May-16-03 02:44 AM, #11
                                    RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, Aggression, May-16-03 03:11 AM, #12
                                         RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, BuckNutty, May-16-03 04:28 AM, #13
                                              RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, steve0677, May-16-03 05:18 AM, #14
                                              RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, jsupetran, May-16-03 05:43 AM, #15
                                                   RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, BigBald, May-16-03 06:08 AM, #16
                                                        RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, DocWhiplash, May-16-03 06:38 AM, #17
                                                             RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, distort, May-16-03 08:32 AM, #18
                                                                  RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, Jarrad_GST, May-16-03 10:54 AM, #19
                                    RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, distort, May-24-03 09:30 AM, #37
      RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, ajna_star, May-24-03 04:53 AM, #35
RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, mrlocalpimp, May-16-03 11:22 AM, #20
RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, 9D9 MITSU RS, May-16-03 12:06 PM, #21
      RE: pics of wing primered... keep it, Mannyyy, May-16-03 02:06 PM, #22
      RE: pics of wing primered... keep it, LikeNoOther, May-16-03 02:37 PM, #24
           RE: pics of wing primered... keep it, Shockeclipse, May-24-03 01:44 PM, #39
      RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, Remy, May-16-03 02:33 PM, #23
           RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, blinkbizkit500, May-16-03 07:15 PM, #25
                RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, rfpunch, May-17-03 06:19 AM, #26
                     RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, Jarrad_GST, May-17-03 10:08 AM, #27
                          RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, EvMan2345, May-17-03 02:39 PM, #28
                               RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, djtrickee, May-17-03 02:45 PM, #29
                               RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, TeamJeff_99gs, May-17-03 07:33 PM, #30
                               RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, sonikbewm, May-17-03 10:05 PM, #31
                                    RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, drewkivela, May-17-03 10:16 PM, #32
                                         RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, GSwede96, May-24-03 12:04 AM, #33
                                              RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, juggalo, May-24-03 04:41 AM, #34
                                                   RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, MCubed45, May-24-03 08:53 AM, #36
                                                   RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, Teameclipse804, Jun-03-03 01:51 PM, #41
                               RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, Remy, May-24-03 11:51 AM, #38
                               RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?, MCubed45, Jun-03-03 09:24 AM, #40

98_silvergsMay-15-03 06:18 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2002
1050 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47670, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Paint it and put it on, it will look bad ass

I hate wingless eclipses

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Jarrad_GSTMay-15-03 06:20 PM
650 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47671, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 1
May-15-03 06:22 PM by Jarrad_GST

Thank you, I can't drive a bad azz eclipse without a wing. I have been driving this car with a turbo spoiler forever. It looks empty and not showy without a wing on. My eclipse needs a wing, but you should hear everyone tell me to keep it off.

97' GST(4G63)
Evo 16G Eclipse

ibangdchoeclipseMay-15-03 07:03 PM
Member since Jun 26th 2002
747 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47674, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 2

put it on man you car looks bad ass and that wing is just gonna set it off the top, good job

widebodiedMay-15-03 07:11 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
#47676, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 2

keep it shaved, looks like a contender..

DWAYNE H

Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
Lots of Apexi components...

chrysler kidMay-15-03 07:16 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#47677, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 4
May-15-03 07:16 PM by chrysler kid

keep it, how much did you buy it for? and did you smoke the taillights like i did?

11.65 @ 115

96eclipse2nrMay-15-03 07:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#47679, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 5

ooo me likey! keep it, it looks bad ass

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

EclipzeGamerMay-15-03 07:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
999 posts,
#47682, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 6

Put it on, and that will be one badass ride!

Jaeson
'96 Eclipse RS

16.537 @ 84.00 mph, 2.489 60'

EvMan2345May-15-03 10:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#47688, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 7
May-15-03 10:16 PM by EvMan2345

in my opinion, ild go with the no wing option cuz your car looks badass without a wing. I have a similar wing too, but my opinion would be no wing...

Evan B
97 GS
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

(Its actually stock sarrono red, but my digicam sucks, so it looks like a different color)

chayeMay-16-03 12:49 AM
Member since Apr 28th 2002
420 posts,
#47691, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 8

YES jarrad lose the wing..but i have a better idea paint the wing and then give it to me..
that has got to be the most amazing wing ever made.
but seriously man id say go for it dude put it on that way youll be all show and all go..
put the wing on put it on..

jerseystyle1May-16-03 02:36 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#47693, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 9

Your car looks good either way. You obviously like the wing so I say go that route

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

eclipse_gs_1512May-16-03 02:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#47696, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 10

get that thing installed asap!!!

2007 wrx

AggressionMay-16-03 03:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#47697, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 11

I would say keep the wing. I have the same wing and I love it. If you don't mind me asking. What do you think about it? You leaning more toward keeping it or loosing it?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

BuckNuttyMay-16-03 04:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#47701, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 12

Keep and do it up mang . Looks hella fine with the kit tha tyou have

steve0677May-16-03 05:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1464 posts,
#47705, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 13

keep the wing

03 rally red evo viii - stock
cardomain page
http://www.cardomain.com/id/steve0677

jsupetranMay-16-03 05:43 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#47707, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 13

i am in the minority here but i like how the wing looks from the front and side but the back looks too thick, imho. i think there is a wing out there that looks exactly the same but it doesn't have the bottom stand thingy. either way though, a wing type like that will look good with the body kit.

-jezreel

98 eclipse gs (at)
green with turbo spoiler

to be installed hrc stage 1

1.3 in eibach prokits
short ram intake
gst muffler
white gauges

BigBaldMay-16-03 06:08 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#47708, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 15

I say keep it. It adds to the flow of your body kit

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

DocWhiplashMay-16-03 06:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#47712, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 16

I have the same wing and I think it is about the best loking wing you can buy for the clips. Definitaly keep it.

95 eclipse RS

14.80 @ 94mph with no turbo

distortMay-16-03 08:32 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2003
675 posts,
#47722, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 17

sale it... to me
nah keep it, i wish i had bought that type instead of the one i bought... impulse buy..

96 Eclipse GS

Jarrad_GSTMay-16-03 10:54 AM
650 posts,
#47734, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 18
May-16-03 10:58 AM by Jarrad_GST

I dropped it off to get painted today at the body shop. The price was $150 to get it painted. If it looks bad then I might sell it. So if anyone wants to offer me a good price on the wing painted R87 Saronno Red then I would think about it.

But like most you said, I am putting the wing on prolly during the middle of next week when the body shop gets it finished.

One question, the people who have this wing, the power antenna comes up right on the edge of the spoiler, I don't ever use the radio now since I have 150 songs on an mp3 player, but what did you do about the antenna?

chrysler kid - yes, my tails are smoked with VHT nite shades, I had that done like years ago before you did... j/k

I paid $215 shipped from www.procarparts.com for the GTR wing. So now that I have the wing and was on backorder for like a month on it, that is a great damn deal for that wing. And I think of the wing as the best looking wing cause of the hump in the middle, it gives it a more supra curvy look. Here's is a gallery of my same wing on other eclipses.

I dropped it off to get painted today at the body shop. The price was $150 to get it painted. If it looks bad then I might sell it. So if anyone wants to offer me a good price on the wing painted R87 Saronno Red then I would think about it.

But like most you said, I am putting the wing on prolly during the middle of next week when the body shop gets it finished.

One question, the people who have this wing, the power antenna comes up right on the edge of the spoiler, I don't ever use the radio now since I have 150 songs on an mp3 player, but what did you do about the antenna?

chrysler kid - yes, my tails are smoked with VHT nite shades, I had that done like years ago before you did... j/k

I paid $215 shipped from www.procarparts.com for the GTR wing. So now that I have the wing and was on backorder for like a month on it, that is a great damn deal for that wing. And I think of the wing as the best looking wing cause of the hump in the middle, it gives it a more supra curvy look. Here's is a gallery of my same wing on eclipses.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=64994988

will show pics again once the wing is painted.

97' GST(4G63)
Evo 16G Eclipse

distortMay-24-03 09:30 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2003
675 posts,
#48342, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 10

does that wing cover the factory holes left by those 3 prong stock spoilers? and doesnt leak?

96 Eclipse GS

ajna_starMay-24-03 04:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#48331, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 2

put whatever you want one...its YOUR car right?

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

mrlocalpimpMay-16-03 11:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
#47737, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 0

I hate those wings, UGLY. Especially on such a bad ass lookin car.

I got banned for being a constant tard.

9D9 MITSU RSMay-16-03 12:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#47746, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 20

looks great man. where did u get it and how much was it?

MannyyyMay-16-03 02:06 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#47760, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it"
In response to Reply # 21

Whoa dude... don't look now but... there's a cop... to your right...

Wing looks good, it flows well with the body kit.

-Manny

LikeNoOtherMay-16-03 02:37 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2003
444 posts,
#47767, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it"
In response to Reply # 22

I say BADASS!! Keep it!

(Bomex Front and Rear,Invader Sides,17 inch Enkei Inazumas,and much much more! I have more pictures coming soon!)

ShockeclipseMay-24-03 01:44 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#48361, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it"
In response to Reply # 24
May-24-03 01:44 PM by Shockeclipse

>I say BADASS!! Keep it!
>
>
>(Bomex Front and Rear,Invader Sides,17 inch Enkei Inazumas,and
>much much more! I have more pictures coming soon!)

ooooh yeah someone with the bomex kit...or peices at least wahoo looks great man can't wait to get mine back

lemme know if u find some nice fog lights that fit it....

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

RemyMay-16-03 02:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#47765, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 21

It looks bad ass either way imo.

95 gs-t
6 bolt swap
T-2small turbo
15 Psi
Joe P mbc
Greddy uip
Greddy lip
Greddy bov
Supra smic
Borla cat back exhaust
Gutted cat
Apexi Safc
Walboro 255 fuel pump
Autometer gauges -Egt,Air/Fuel and Boost

blinkbizkit500May-16-03 07:15 PM
Member since Jun 21st 2002
1513 posts,
#47778, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 23

thats by far my favorite wing and the one that i plan on getting, definitely keep it.

rfpunchMay-17-03 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
518 posts,
#47794, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 25

it looks good looking at it straight on or from the back, but like someone else said, it looks too thick from a side view. i would have kept the turbo spoiler. but thats m have your turbo spoiler for sale??

Jarrad_GSTMay-17-03 10:08 AM
650 posts,
#47804, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 26

I already sold my turbo spoiler to Avenger (Thura) on the board for $150. You can find a turbo spoiler off ebay for that price or less. The turbo spoiler looked too small and gross looking with the kit I that I have. So I right away took it off, the turbo spoiler defintely doesn't work.

97' GST(4G63)
Evo 16G Eclipse

EvMan2345May-17-03 02:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#47810, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 27

about the antenna, my wing is wider than yours (wings west) and covers where the antenna is. There is a hole cut out of mine where the antenna is. The problem i come into is that i have to shut the radio off (power antenna must be down) for me to open the hatch fully or else the antenna bends. ALso, if the hatch is open and the antenna goes up, it bends. Mine bent out of shape because i left my hatch open and started my car.

Evan B
97 GS
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

(Its actually stock sarrono red, but my digicam sucks, so it looks like a different color)

djtrickeeMay-17-03 02:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#47813, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 28

Yup ^^^
I have the same problem. Gotta keep an eye on the antenna. Plus now i need new hatch struts like crazy due to the new wing being slightly heavier than the stock three piece. But damn it looks good IMO. Paint it. Put it on. Strut it.
-Chris b.

TeamJeff_99gsMay-17-03 07:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#47820, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 29

I say keep it off. But what the hell, that's just me.

sonikbewmMay-17-03 10:05 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#47836, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 30

I think that wing will look really good on your car when it's painted.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

drewkivelaMay-17-03 10:16 PM
Member since May 22nd 2003
259 posts,
#47838, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 31

looks good from the side but your car looked badass without one. it's all about personal taste. do what you want.
"I may not agree with what you say. But it is my duty to defend it"
-Drew Kivela

GSwede96May-24-03 12:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
345 posts,
#48327, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 32

I say its the nicest wings for the Eclipse in all categories. But that one looks a little small from the back...I see the Kaminari and WingsWest are wider than that one you got....? I may be wrong though....
I had a Kaminari on my GS and I just loved that wing..will buy another one for my Spyder now too!!
This is how my wing looked on the GS...

1997 GST Spyder
My car on

juggaloMay-24-03 04:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#48330, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 33

>I say its the nicest wings for the Eclipse in all
>categories. But that one looks a little small from the
>back...I see the Kaminari and WingsWest are wider than that
>one you got....? I may be wrong though....
>I had a Kaminari on my GS and I just loved that wing..will buy
>another one for my Spyder now too!!
>This is how my wing looked on the GS...

i was thinking the same thing, it looks good except from directly behind it. from behind it just doesn't right, needs to be wider.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

MCubed45May-24-03 08:53 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#48340, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 34

it looks good but i'd so much rather have the WW/kaminari one. it needs to be a bit wider to look right from behind. i'm either gonna get the ww commando or 3 piece eventually.. other than that looks good. i love the way the backs of our cars look w/o a wing and 97+ style stock but if you put on a kit an stuff it just looks like it's missing something if you don't have a wing imo.

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Teameclipse804Jun-03-03 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#49350, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 34

>>I say its the nicest wings for the Eclipse in all
>>categories. But that one looks a little small from the
>>back...I see the Kaminari and WingsWest are wider than that
>>one you got....? I may be wrong though....
>>I had a Kaminari on my GS and I just loved that wing..will
>buy
>>another one for my Spyder now too!!
>>This is how my wing looked on the GS...
>
>
>i was thinking the same thing, it looks good except from
>directly behind it. from behind it just doesn't right, needs
>to be wider.

Yup I agree. It looks too narrow in the back. Not nearly wide enough to fill up the rear of the car. I'd leave it off.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

RemyMay-24-03 11:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#48354, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 29

>Yup ^^^
>I have the same problem. Gotta keep an eye on the antenna.
>Plus now i need new hatch struts like crazy due to the new
>wing being slightly heavier than the stock three piece. But
>damn it looks good IMO. Paint it. Put it on. Strut it.
>-Chris b.

I had to remove my stock antenna totally..But i have a 95 non powered antenna.

95 gs-t
6 bolt swap
Joe P mbc
Greddy uip-Greddy lip
Greddy type s Bov
Supra smic
Borla cat back exhaust-Gutted Cat
Apexi Safc
Walboro 255 fuel pump
Autometer gauges -Egt,Air/Fuel,Boost
Sensie Fro

MCubed45Jun-03-03 09:24 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#49328, "RE: pics of wing primered... keep it or lose it?"
In response to Reply # 28

>about the antenna, my wing is wider than yours (wings west)
>and covers where the antenna is. There is a hole cut out of
>mine where the antenna is. The problem i come into is that i
>have to shut the radio off (power antenna must be down) for me
>to open the hatch fully or else the antenna bends. ALso, if
>the hatch is open and the antenna goes up, it bends. Mine
>bent out of shape because i left my hatch open and started my
>car.

to those of you who've had this problem with the antenna and the WW/kaminari wing, you can do what i did when i converted from the fixed antenna to a powered one. simply wire in a relay to bypass the signal to the antenna whenever the trunk is open. just look for the red wire with a green stripe in the trunk area. that wire sees a ground whenever you pop your trunk. use that on one side of the coil of the relay. the other side of the coil gets a constant +12v. then cut the signal wire to the antenna. connect one side of the wire to the common pin (30) and the other to the NC pin (87a). that's it! i think with the stock power antenna the wiring might be a little different b/c it used one signal wire for up and another for down. in that case you would use one relay to bypass the 'up' signal and another to activate the 'down' signal. should work alright. i don't have my wing yet but i just wired everything up while i was installing the antenna. bascially what will happen is that the antenna will go down immediately after you pop the trunk and go back up once you close it.

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #47669 Previous topic | Next topic