Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #47409
View in linear mode

Subject: "If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!" Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSMay-12-03 12:19 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47409, "If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"

My brother is all excited because he used to do this type of thing for a living @ Harmon Electronics. He is going to put the LED's in for me TODAY so I have some questions. I hear all this talk about #74 LED's and I'm questioning doing this without knowing all the facts. What are those LED's for, the gauges? Should I wait and get those or what??

ALSO...

Where is the best write up to change the HVAC colors...
The cluster colors?

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!, jaypwshs, May-12-03 01:04 PM, #1
RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!, jasonhko, May-12-03 02:21 PM, #2
      RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!, ez, May-12-03 05:45 PM, #3
           RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!, 1998EclipseRS, May-12-03 06:33 PM, #4
                RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!, OZ_GS, May-12-03 07:23 PM, #5
                     RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!, 1998EclipseRS, May-12-03 08:42 PM, #6
                          RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!, OZ_GS, May-13-03 06:42 AM, #7
                               RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!, jasonhko, May-13-03 07:58 AM, #8
                                    RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!, 1998EclipseRS, May-13-03 09:15 AM, #9
                                         RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!, 1998EclipseRS, May-14-03 09:03 PM, #10

jaypwshsMay-12-03 01:04 PM
Member since Sep 18th 2002
70 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47412, "RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"
In response to Reply # 0

hondahater21 did a write-up on it. Follow that:thumbsup

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jasonhkoMay-12-03 02:21 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2002
229 posts,
#47416, "RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"
In response to Reply # 1

there are lots of write ups for the HVAC mod, and the #74 LED's are for the bulbs that inside your cluster. The cluster (tach and the speedometer)use #74 light bulbs. They are really tiny bulbs, there is word that a company is going to have a #74 LED bulb out soon. If your not really into electronics, or dont have much experience soldering, you might consider waiting for the #74 LED to come out. Those should be a direct replacement for the bulbs we currently use.

ezMay-12-03 05:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#47428, "RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"
In response to Reply # 2

but you still have to scrape off the orange backing from the guage needles for them to show up the color of the LED, right? do you have to scrape off the orange paint behind the numbers, or are they actually clear and the OEM bulb is orange. tia!

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

1998EclipseRSMay-12-03 06:33 PM
3245 posts,
#47430, "RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"
In response to Reply # 3

The gauges have orange paint on the back...ick. I looked. Well luckily my brother made circuit boards and he said he can use a soldering iron better than he can write so I'm sure I'll be okay. Can you point me to the best write up???

OZ_GSMay-12-03 07:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#47433, "RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey Chip....

Hit me up if you need pointers or want to see it in person.... I am always glad to help.

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

1998EclipseRSMay-12-03 08:42 PM
3245 posts,
#47434, "RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"
In response to Reply # 5

CHAD, My man... What it is...

Okay I'd LOVE to get the run-through on what you did... I'm planning on doing it like next week (I thought today but the Radio Shack had no BLUE LED's!) Maybe I could get a look see in your car b-4 my brother digs into my dash with plyers and shit. Luckily I don't actually have to do it, but I have to tell him which ones to change and how to get to them.

And to make sure what LEDs and resistors do I get?

Thanks alot dudes.

-Chip

OZ_GSMay-13-03 06:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#47463, "RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"
In response to Reply # 6

I got my LEDs from electronics supply downtown. They were cheaper and brighter than the ones at the shack. You may want to give em a call.

I am open tonight or tomorrow night if you want to check em out. You are welcome to stop by or we could meet up somewhere.

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

jasonhkoMay-13-03 07:58 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2002
229 posts,
#47467, "RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"
In response to Reply # 7

oh yeah.. I forgot about the sanding. Just remember to sand only where the numbers and "tick" marks are. You dun wanna sand everything cause that will make bright spots. Also, I have noticed that sanding the area around the 80mph marking need a little bit more sanding. It seams that the light doesn't travel that far. And yes, the bulbs have a little orange condom on them as well.

1998EclipseRSMay-13-03 09:15 AM
3245 posts,
#47473, "RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"
In response to Reply # 8

Chad, Maybe sometime you and I could meet up. E-mail me your # and I can come see when you have a chance. ALSO what was that place you got the LED's? I'll go there, Radio Shack said like 2 WEEKS for LED's.

ALSO, I read you're selling your house. If you need a real estate agent my mom is the BEST in the area. Her name is Mary Ann Rivera. She works at Re-Max and she was top volume agent of the month a few months ago...that is a very good thing. Let me know if you need an agent because my mom it pretty badass and she'll hook me up with a referral bonus (like 200 bucks) So if you need an agent LET ME KNOW!

Peace- Chip

1998EclipseRSMay-14-03 09:03 PM
3245 posts,
#47600, "RE: If you want to do or have done the HVAC/Cluster color change PLEASE check this out!"
In response to Reply # 9

Bump to the top for Chadith

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #47409 Previous topic | Next topic