Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #46603
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do I take my headlights out." Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSMay-03-03 09:26 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46603, "How do I take my headlights out."

I'm trading a guy (StealthRSR) straight up for some black projectors. I need to know how to take out my headlights so I can send him mine ASAP. Is it a big pain in the ass? Le me know dudes. I really appreciate it!

-Chip

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How do I take my headlights out., MCubed45, May-03-03 09:36 PM, #1
RE: How do I take my headlights out., TeamDR1665, May-04-03 03:30 PM, #2
      RE: How do I take my headlights out., chrysler kid, May-04-03 03:38 PM, #3
           RE: How do I take my headlights out., mitsuman297, May-04-03 03:57 PM, #4
                RE: How do I take my headlights out., MCubed45, May-04-03 04:52 PM, #5
                     RE: How do I take my headlights out., Wtngclan, May-04-03 05:38 PM, #6
                          RE: How do I take my headlights out., Eclipse2NR, May-04-03 08:48 PM, #7
                               RE: How do I take my headlights out., MCubed45, May-04-03 10:32 PM, #8

MCubed45May-03-03 09:36 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46604, "RE: How do I take my headlights out."
In response to Reply # 0

did you try searching? this has been asked a million times... it's a little easier if you take off your bumper (with re-enforcement bar). there's about 4-5 bolts holding the headlight in. there's more posts w/ more info... use the search

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665May-04-03 03:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#46666, "RE: How do I take my headlights out."
In response to Reply # 1
May-04-03 03:31 PM by DR1665

It's a big PITA!
There's the obvious bolt on top.
Then there's a couple on the back side. Look down at it from the top and they're by the turn signal and under (? it's been a while) the low beam.
Then there's mister "I-am-the-fucking-bolt-under-the-headlight-that-you-have-to-take-the-bumper-off-to-get-to-and-you-will-never-reuse-me." It's between the low and high beams under the headlight and you have to get to it from the front. If you look under your headlights (through the gap) you will see it.

This is why it's a PITA. You need to remove the bumper to get them out easily, but you have to get them out to remove the bumper! AUGH! Just get rambo with it and show it who's boss!

*EDIT*
Get some bandages and beer. If you don't cut your hand up a bit, you'll still want a buzz the first time you do this one...

chrysler kidMay-04-03 03:38 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#46667, "RE: How do I take my headlights out."
In response to Reply # 2
May-04-03 03:39 PM by chrysler kid

dont trade him, projectors suck big balls

11.65 @ 115

mitsuman297May-04-03 03:57 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
560 posts,
#46668, "RE: How do I take my headlights out."
In response to Reply # 3

hey, that one bolt is a big pain in the ass to get to but i got mine out without having to remove the front bumper. Just make sure you have a really long extension and something to keep the front bumper pried away from the headlights. And yes, be prepared for your hands to get torn up a little bit. Hope this helps.

winter project: custom t3/t4 turbo and some others

MCubed45May-04-03 04:52 PM
2706 posts,
#46670, "RE: How do I take my headlights out."
In response to Reply # 4

it's kinda easier to jsut take off the bumper. you need to take off the bumper and the re-enforcement bar as one piece though. (b/c you can't separate the bumper and the re-bar while it's on the car... the headlights are in the way). just unbolt everything you can see holding the bumper and then unbolt the 4 14mm bolts holding the re-bar. it'll slide right out after that. this makes taking out the headlights easier but it's just a pain to do...

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

WtngclanMay-04-03 05:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
938 posts,
#46676, "RE: How do I take my headlights out."
In response to Reply # 5

i just broke the last bolt .. works fine ... just yank the headlights out and it will break .. i'll never use that bolt ever again so it works great!

Another BANNED asshole.

Eclipse2NRMay-04-03 08:48 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2002
581 posts,
#46697, "RE: How do I take my headlights out."
In response to Reply # 6

My bumper must make it really easy, cause I took mine out a few days ago and it only took me like 5 minutes, and didn't have to take the bumper off at all. Was like 3 or 4 bolts.

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Body Components by Aerogear / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic v2 - More at http://home.insightbb.com/~mgalyan/
Mark Galyan - Greenwood, Indiana

MCubed45May-04-03 10:32 PM
2706 posts,
#46701, "RE: How do I take my headlights out."
In response to Reply # 7

>My bumper must make it really easy, cause I took mine out a
>few days ago and it only took me like 5 minutes, and didn't
>have to take the bumper off at all. Was like 3 or 4 bolts.
>

lol ya if you've got an aftermarket bumper w/ big holes or somethin where the bottom bolts are it might be easier to leave it on

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #46603 Previous topic | Next topic