Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #32948
View in linear mode

Subject: "Headliner/ Carpet Color change." Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSOct-20-02 12:49 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32948, "Headliner/ Carpet Color change."

K. Here is a good question, I got me some gray shit in my car that I want to turn black, I want to buy new BLACK carpet and I wanted to know if I could get a BLACK headliner too. Once I get this stuff how hard is it to put in, I'm guessing I'll have to get a new headliner put in @ a shop, I probably can't put it in myself because I think it involves glue and shit like that. Anyhoo, any help you may have is DEFINITELY appreciated GREATLY. I'm aiming to black out my whole interior. I'm getting Katzkin leather seat covers (Bet cha couldn't guess, they are black) Painting all the plastic trim stuff black. It will look good. Yeah, I'm rambling. If you have any websites or anything that you thing might help me out on this stuff I would appreciate it. Thanks AGAIN. :Thumbsup

-Chip

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change., 9D9 MITSU RS, Oct-20-02 02:18 PM, #1
RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change., Aggression, Oct-20-02 02:26 PM, #2
      RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change., nappyjim, Oct-20-02 04:48 PM, #3
           RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change., dfresh, Oct-20-02 06:53 PM, #4
                RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change., nappyjim, Oct-20-02 09:55 PM, #5
                     RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change., 1998EclipseRS, Oct-21-02 02:05 AM, #6
                          RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change., 9D9 MITSU RS, Oct-21-02 07:07 AM, #7

9D9 MITSU RSOct-20-02 02:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32949, "RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change."
In response to Reply # 0

carpet is a bitch. If I could do it over, I would pay someone to install carpet. I bought acc mats blue. It is molded, but you have to press it into stock to form, and then cut all holes and trim yourself. Very time consuming and involves precision.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AggressionOct-20-02 02:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#32950, "RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change."
In response to Reply # 1

I did my headliner and its very easy.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

nappyjimOct-20-02 04:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#32951, "RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change."
In response to Reply # 2

headliner - http://home.attbi.com/~jimilla/headliner.html

carpet - got mine from ACS not ACC. Carpet was molded like stock. ALl i had to do was cut the holes. Took about 1 hr total install. Taking old carpet out and new carpet in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

dfreshOct-20-02 06:53 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
#32952, "RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change."
In response to Reply # 3

What is the web site for ACS or the phone number because if it is easier than the ACC, I want it. ACC priced the whole car in black for 155, is the ACS cheaper.

now back to 1998ecipse, there is a mod on here that tells you how to redo your headliner, just search. I think it even has pics to guide you. ALso check the sale/wanted forum, you might find some black pieces for sale. Even check junkyards, I don't think the small pieces are that expensive new. I wouldn't paint but there is someone on here that painted his in white and blue and it looks dope. Just take care of it and do it right. I am doing my interior in all black to so you get a . I bought some rear black leather seats off of fauchpj for 150 so just look around.

If any one has front black leather seats for sale or even black seat belts, or black panel around front seat belt next to your head I would like to sport them in my car.

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

nappyjimOct-20-02 09:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#32953, "RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change."
In response to Reply # 4

that writeup is the link that i just posted in my first reply. Dood its not hard at all to change your headliner. A few people have emailed me who have used my writeup and said it was easy as hell. It is!!! Um, the acs, i got from jcwhintey. carpet was 200 before shipping. I coudlent find any other place that sells it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

1998EclipseRSOct-21-02 02:05 AM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
#32954, "RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change."
In response to Reply # 5

Man, EVERY SINGLE TIME I POST... You guys give me EVERYTHING I need. Thanks alot. If anyone has leather seats in good condition tell me. I might just replace all the seats w/ used ones, sounds cheaper.

Thanks again!
-Chip

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

9D9 MITSU RSOct-21-02 07:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#32955, "RE: Headliner/ Carpet Color change."
In response to Reply # 6

ACC is molded to fit, but needs to have holes cut and it has to be cut down the middle for center console. The trunk doesn't need it. It comes rolled up, so you have to shape it.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #32948 Previous topic | Next topic