Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #31893
View in linear mode

Subject: "RS to GS Arm rest conversion" Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSOct-02-02 12:37 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31893, "RS to GS Arm rest conversion"

How much would this cost, would it raise horsepower, what about torque? No really, will a 1998 GS console fit in my 98 RS?!? Thanks for the help!

-Chip

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, 9D9 MITSU RS, Oct-02-02 12:50 PM, #1
RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, fauchpj, Oct-02-02 01:13 PM, #2
      RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, 1998EclipseRS, Oct-02-02 02:00 PM, #3
           RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, Chris_FL, Oct-02-02 02:33 PM, #4
                RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, fasterGS, Oct-02-02 04:25 PM, #5
                     RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, nappyjim, Oct-02-02 11:34 PM, #6
                          RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, chrysler kid, Oct-03-02 01:58 AM, #7
                          RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, 9D9 MITSU RS, Oct-03-02 01:58 AM, #8
                               RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, chrysler kid, Oct-03-02 02:02 AM, #9
                                    RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, 1998EclipseRS, Oct-03-02 01:36 PM, #10
                                         RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, chrysler kid, Oct-03-02 01:49 PM, #11
                                              RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, USAF96, Oct-04-02 12:22 AM, #12
                                                   RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, chrysler kid, Oct-04-02 08:52 AM, #13
                                                   RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, chrysler kid, Oct-04-02 09:01 AM, #14
RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, MCubed45, Oct-06-02 08:21 PM, #15
RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, Wildflyer897, Mar-23-04 11:46 AM, #16
      RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, Blizare, Mar-23-04 12:06 PM, #17
      RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, djtrickee, Mar-23-04 12:08 PM, #18
           RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, injendsm, Mar-23-04 06:00 PM, #19
                RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion, EricBss7, Mar-24-04 02:22 AM, #20

9D9 MITSU RSOct-02-02 12:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31894, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 0

yup. get one, same bolts, etc. I did it. They are kinda hard to find at times. try www.msrecycling.com
or if u have a local junk yard w/ dsm's, u are set.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fauchpjOct-02-02 01:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#31895, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 1

i did it. just swap em out. i got mine off ebay for like 60 bucks

1998EclipseRSOct-02-02 02:00 PM
3245 posts,
#31896, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 2

Looks like you did the seats too... Looks good, thanks for the help.

-Chip

Chris_FLOct-02-02 02:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
926 posts,
#31897, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 3

I did it too, snaps right in. I did my seats too. One of my favorite mods so far.

http://www.snappydsl.net/ctoledo/

fasterGSOct-02-02 04:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31898, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 4

That has got to be one of the first things to do in a RS. You can get new parts from oem-car-parts.com for about 50-60 bucks. I ordered from then before I knew about 2gnt

nappyjimOct-02-02 11:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#31899, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 5

whats the rs console look like? can seomeone show me a pic
?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

chrysler kidOct-03-02 01:58 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#31900, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 6

wait, my rs came with the top cover/latch on top of the armrest?
you mean the console without a cover?

11.65 @ 115

9D9 MITSU RSOct-03-02 01:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#31901, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 6

plastic, no arm rest

chrysler kidOct-03-02 02:02 AM
7411 posts,
#31902, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 8

i think you got it backwards, my friend has a Gs with center arm rest without a cover, my rs has a cover oh well who cares

11.65 @ 115

1998EclipseRSOct-03-02 01:36 PM
3245 posts,
#31903, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 9

I'm pretty sure the RS has the shitty little open cubby type deal, the GS has the arm rest. I'm pretty much 100% sure of that.

chrysler kidOct-03-02 01:49 PM
7411 posts,
#31904, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 10

thats wierd, mines the factory blue too with a lid, but maybe it was an optional equipment

11.65 @ 115

USAF96Oct-04-02 12:22 AM
Member since Apr 07th 2002
110 posts,
#31905, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 11

Here is what an RS looks like.

Evan
Looking

chrysler kidOct-04-02 08:52 AM
7411 posts,
#31906, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 12

yeah, mine has the cover, and it is the rs blue, so that makes me think the cover was optional equipment

11.65 @ 115

chrysler kidOct-04-02 09:01 AM
7411 posts,
#31907, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 12

sorry that the pic is so big

11.65 @ 115

MCubed45Oct-06-02 08:21 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#31908, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 0

so does anyone know how much satan's askin for one've those?

'95 RS 5spd
Black Chrome Matrix Type X CAI
A'pexi N1 Catback Turbo Exhaust
Indiglo Gauges
Clear Bumper Lenses
Hiper White Bulbs

-marc

Wildflyer897Mar-23-04 11:46 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
34 posts,
#69357, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 15

i have a 95 RS and i have no arm rest FYI

BlizareMar-23-04 12:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#69358, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 16

Yay my 95 Talon Esi has a cover. I might not have bought'n it if it didn't!! no j/k

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

djtrickeeMar-23-04 12:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#69359, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by Wildflyer897
i have a 95 RS and i have no arm rest FYI

Did it back in 0ctober of 2002 WHEN THIS THREAD DIED THE 1ST TIME???

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

injendsmMar-23-04 06:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#69389, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 18

go to www.carbonwerks.com they have fiberglass ones for 40 bucks and cf ones for 75.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

EricBss7Mar-24-04 02:22 AM
Member since Nov 10th 2003
407 posts,
#69402, "RE: RS to GS Arm rest conversion"
In response to Reply # 19

Satan will prolly ask you around 75 bucks for one. Thats what the junkyard originally told me so i turned around and started walkin out the door. Guess the guy was desperate for business cuz i offered him 25 and he accepted.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #31893 Previous topic | Next topic