Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #31726
View in linear mode

Subject: "is this true?" Previous topic | Next topic
250lemansSep-26-02 09:20 AM
Member since Jul 11th 2002
257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31726, "is this true?"

http://www.importfan.com/fake.htm
if it is i'm changing my mind on urethane blitz

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: is this true?, a1eyed1der, Sep-26-02 09:35 AM, #1
RE: is this true?, 250lemans, Sep-26-02 10:03 AM, #2
      RE: is this true?, a1eyed1der, Sep-26-02 11:33 AM, #3
           RE: is this true?, REV_GSlow, Sep-26-02 11:39 AM, #4
                RE: is this true?, BuckNutty, Sep-26-02 04:51 PM, #5
                     RE: is this true?, qwad65, Sep-26-02 05:37 PM, #6
                          RE: is this true?, BuckNutty, Sep-26-02 05:40 PM, #7
                               RE: is this true?, 250lemans, Sep-27-02 03:31 AM, #8
                                    RE: is this true?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Sep-27-02 06:07 AM, #9

a1eyed1derSep-26-02 09:35 AM
Member since Feb 17th 2002
376 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31727, "RE: is this true?"
In response to Reply # 0

I dont get it? what are you asking what does importfan's gtp fiberglass have to do with ur urathane blitz kit? Oh ok isee cause they claim there fiberglass is better than urathane i dunno dood i wouldnt get a fiberglass front personally butits personal preference?

Bob

97 RS/ Iceman intake/ n1 style catback 2.5in exhaust/eibach sportslines / momo shit knob/ 18" Velox scythe wheels wrapped in Toyo proxie 225/40/18 tires)/ Indiglo guages/ custom fiberglass

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

250lemansSep-26-02 10:03 AM
257 posts,
#31728, "RE: is this true?"
In response to Reply # 1

it's just that if that fglass flexs it won't break easy and they have that free hood offer so rear on fglass flexible+free hood is what i'm thinking and then take care of the front i do have the stock and i'll kill for c/f hood i just want an opinion you got a c/f hood recently right?
thanks

a1eyed1derSep-26-02 11:33 AM
Member since Feb 17th 2002
376 posts,
#31729, "RE: is this true?"
In response to Reply # 2

ya put 2 and 2 together free hood???? im sure its great, no one would give away a free hood, when something sounds to good to be true it usually is. Anyways ya i just got the new xtreme gt carbon fiber hood

Bob

97 RS/ Iceman intake/ n1 style catback 2.5in exhaust/eibach sportslines / momo shit knob/ 18" Velox scythe wheels wrapped in Toyo proxie 225/40/18 tires)/ Indiglo guages/ custom fiberglass

REV_GSlowSep-26-02 11:39 AM
Member since Apr 26th 2002
1312 posts,
#31730, "RE: is this true?"
In response to Reply # 3

The hoods dont have clear coats on them, read the fine print.

EclipsedChef was my first name..Member #460!

::::..Under Construction..::::

BuckNuttySep-26-02 04:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#31731, "RE: is this true?"
In response to Reply # 4

THe clear coat is fucked up......i bought 6 and will have them on this coming wednsday.....I will give a full report on how they look, take pics, etc... I have a hookup for gettin these hoods fixed and thats the only reason i bought them....I jus hope the fitment is decent .....we'll see. If all is well, then i will have a cf hood, and new front end soon

The deal with the fiberglass is that it is a glass hybrid where another additive is added to the epoxy (pretty sure) to allow the glass to flex. It would allow the piece to be repaired by anyone competent in the art of glass while offering the flexibility of urethane. But urethane is very hard, if not impossible sometimes to fix as it is just a straight up plastic (general referance). Just my couple cents

qwad65Sep-26-02 05:37 PM
Member since Feb 07th 2002
711 posts,
#31732, "RE: is this true?"
In response to Reply # 5

and the shiping is mad money

BuckNuttySep-26-02 05:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#31733, "RE: is this true?"
In response to Reply # 6

>and the shiping is mad money

$100 per hood and a $150 front end cost like $215 after shipping.....

250lemansSep-27-02 03:31 AM
257 posts,
#31734, "RE: is this true?"
In response to Reply # 7

let me know when you get them i'm thinking in a rear in gtp and fron urethane and also it's only 100 or so to put clear coat when you have your bumper paint
feel free to email me if you want karim1177@hotmail.com

9D9 MITSU RSSep-27-02 06:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#31735, "RE: is this true?"
In response to Reply # 8

I know aerogear has a 10 year warranty on their stuff or something. Against spider webbing, cracking under normal conditions, etc. Not sure if they make urethane or not, but their kits are blue.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #31726 Previous topic | Next topic