Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #30186
View in linear mode

Subject: "Carpet kit help/ Racing seat help....." Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSSep-01-02 04:32 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30186, "Carpet kit help/ Racing seat help....."

Question one:
I want black carpet so bad!!!! Is it hard to put a carpet kit in a 1998 RS? Please respond or tell me who CAN help me. Also where can you get a good but not too expensive kit?!

Question two:
My brother bought Sparco seats for his 1991 240sx last week, He got them and we were ready to put them in with the "universal brackets" These backets we realized weren't too universal... So we had to fabricate out own brackets... I don't want to do this for my car... My question for you is: Are there any seats that bolt in with out any modifications, and does anyone have pictures of seats in a 2g Eclipse? Thanks ALOT! I OWE YOU GUYS!!!

-Chip

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

9D9 MITSU RSSep-01-02 04:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30187, "RE: Carpet kit help/ Racing seat help....."
In response to Reply # 0

I will know soon. I am ordering electric blue acc molded carpet and corbeau cr1's this week. For carpet, I'm not sure how much trimming is required, but maybe some. The plastic things in the door sills come off, go ahead and remove all seats, and whatever else I think can stay. Just tuck the new carpet in I am pretty sure. Then comes the fun part, drilling holes unless they are pre drilled, which I highly doubt . Then, bolt the seats back in, and you're done. Oh, re-install the door sill inserts. Anything I missed?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nappyjimSep-01-02 11:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#30188, "RE: Carpet kit help/ Racing seat help....."
In response to Reply # 1

I acs black molded carpet. It is not that hard to put it in at all. I got tenzo seats for my car. I bought brackets there were supposed to be made for our cars but i had a few problems with them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

Alambrose84Dec-03-07 07:29 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2007
26 posts,
#100184, "RE: Carpet kit help/ Racing seat help....."
In response to Reply # 2

for seats you will have to buy brackets and for it all to work you will more then likely half to buy the same brand i put bride seats in my car with a universal brackets but i have to fab the brackets to work by adding more metal and drilling was a pain but well worth it.

edxmonDec-03-07 01:07 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#100188, "RE: Carpet kit help/ Racing seat help....."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Alambrose84
for seats you will have to buy brackets and for it all to work you will more then likely half to buy the same brand i put bride seats in my car with a universal brackets but i have to fab the brackets to work by adding more metal and drilling was a pain but well worth it.

This thread is 6years old broham, check the dates

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

Alambrose84Dec-05-07 09:40 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2007
26 posts,
#100199, "RE: Carpet kit help/ Racing seat help....."
In response to Reply # 4

yeah i noticed after a bit my things was pulling up stuff by author not date sorry.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #30186 Previous topic | Next topic