Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #28365
View in linear mode

Subject: ""Racing style" steering wheels???" Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSAug-07-02 07:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28365, ""Racing style" steering wheels???"

OK, I like the way these look. After I finally get my seats, I'd like a wheel and hub kit to slap in too. Which steering wheels are best? Which hold up, don't fade, and aren't too hard to install? Also, how hard is it to install these, and is it really safe or legal w/o an airbag?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: "Racing style" steering wheels???, fauchpj, Aug-07-02 07:31 AM, #1
RE: "Racing style" steering wheels???, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-07-02 08:10 AM, #2
RE: "Racing style" steering wheels???, fauchpj, Aug-07-02 08:18 AM, #3
RE:, ghost, Aug-07-02 08:28 AM, #4
      RE: hubs, DVSJAY, Aug-07-02 03:32 PM, #5
           RE: hubs, All_Show_N_No_Go, Aug-07-02 04:29 PM, #6
                RE: hubs, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-07-02 05:24 PM, #7
                     RE: hubs, EclipseTical, Aug-14-02 04:18 AM, #8
                          RE: hubs, fauchpj, Aug-14-02 05:05 AM, #9
                               RE: hubs, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Aug-14-02 05:13 AM, #10
                                    RE: hubs, fauchpj, Aug-14-02 05:22 AM, #11
                                         RE: hubs, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-14-02 08:06 AM, #12
                                              RE: hubs, H82BLEGL, Mar-03-04 05:53 AM, #13
                                                   RE: hubs, GhEttOrAiD, Mar-03-04 06:26 AM, #14
                                                   RE: hubs, Diceman19, Mar-03-04 06:48 AM, #15
                                                        RE: hubs, orzech, Mar-03-04 07:06 AM, #16
                                                   RE: hubs, djtrickee, Mar-03-04 09:33 AM, #17
                                                        RE: hubs, H82BLEGL, Mar-03-04 11:03 AM, #18

fauchpjAug-07-02 07:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28366, "RE: "Racing style" steering wheels???"
In response to Reply # 0

i think its illegal to not have an airbag if ur car came with one

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

9D9 MITSU RSAug-07-02 08:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#28367, "RE: "Racing style" steering wheels???"
In response to Reply # 1

I don't see how that would hold up. Some cars are coming out now with an airbag on/off switch from what I heard. Due to all those airbag deaths for a while there. I'd have to check local laws b4 final ordering, but on all the other details, how do I stand? What's my best bet?

fauchpjAug-07-02 08:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#28368, "RE: "Racing style" steering wheels???"
In response to Reply # 2

u can only turn off the passenger ones on some cars.

nevertheless, our cars dont have switches so it could still be illegal

and most insurance companies give u discounts for airbags. they would probably not cover u if u got in a wreck and they found out the oem steering wheel wasnt on

ghostAug-07-02 08:28 AM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1581 posts,
#28369, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 1

>i think its illegal to not have an airbag if ur car came
>with one

I don't know about that... I've seen tons of cars with MOMO steering wheels all over the place in Dallas... if they are illegal, they apparently don't pay too much attention to them. Although...I could be wrong...so don't take it as the gospel!

Oh yeah...in the fast and furious 2gnt(hehe), he had a momo racing steering wheel with like 2 buttons on it.(for the NOS man, the NOS..lol) So if the fast and furious cars have it, then it must not be illegal, of course! Why would hollywood lie?

And a good brand is MOMO...although they are pretty expensive.

P.S. - All those guages installed in the fast furious car replacing the vents? Must have been a hot mofo!

- ghost

Ghost's Beginning College Guide:

http://www.cosmomag.com/

factory service manual http://www.ecanfix.com/users/manualcd/gift/dsm/index.html

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Ashley Simpson looks like she has downs syndrome or some kind of fucked up retard gene.

DVSJAYAug-07-02 03:32 PM
Member since May 28th 2002
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#28370, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 4

check local laws but here in califorina it is illegal to remove a airbag. But people do it anyways. just like it is illegal to remove your cat if it's working, saved door handles, no front license plate. I don't think u'll get a ticket but just be warned if it is illegal u can get one.

Jay

--- Pics ---
https://420a.shutterfly.com/

All_Show_N_No_GoAug-07-02 04:29 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
342 posts,
#28371, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 5

im in california and from what i hear is that you can do it. but you
insuance company wont cover your injuries in an accident.

9D9 MITSU RSAug-07-02 05:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#28372, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 6

if I wrecked, I was trying on my new steering wheel. I was on the way to the insurance co. when I wrecked. I was coming to let u know about my new wheel. HONEST!

EclipseTicalAug-14-02 04:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#28373, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 7

just like the laws restricting the removal of a working cat, you can not remove a steering wheel equiped with a working airbag. The vin number tells that the car came w/ airbags so if they aren't present if the cop wants to be a dick you can get screwed. NOt saying you will definitely get hassled, but be warned.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

fauchpjAug-14-02 05:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#28374, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 8

>just like the laws restricting the removal of a working cat,
>you can not remove a steering wheel equiped with a working
>airbag. The vin number tells that the car came w/ airbags so
>if they aren't present if the cop wants to be a dick you can
>get screwed. NOt saying you will definitely get hassled, but
>be warned.

^^^yes

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Aug-14-02 05:13 AM

#28375, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 9

Your also not supposed to lower a vehicle since it did not come that way from the factory....your not supposed to change or alter the color of light bulbs in the front or rear of your vehicle, your not supposed to change the seat belt restraints, blah blah blah

Do I look worried? Progressive Insurance blows anyways...they screwed me over so many times...wouldnt matter much to me. Hell If I got in a frontal crash in that car, imma get silliously injured anyhow. ppffttt.

fauchpjAug-14-02 05:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#28376, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 10

ur right mike. i mean, the airbag will probably end up hurtin you in the long run anyways. the seat belt should hold you in enough. i dont want shit blowing up in my face

9D9 MITSU RSAug-14-02 08:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#28377, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 11

well, by the time I would want a steering wheel, I'd be held in by a harness if I wanted to be "extra safe."

H82BLEGLMar-03-04 05:53 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
309 posts,
#68014, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 12

Well i have the ichibahn wheel and momo hub i haven't had a problem yet i even got my inspection with no hassle and i live in the bronx the mayor here bust alot of balls but you shouldn't have an issue i hope,

TONY...
>

GhEttOrAiDMar-03-04 06:26 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
#68022, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 13

selling my Momo Team steering wheel... make a reasonable offer..

won't include hub though, I'm gonna need it.. heh.

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

Diceman19Mar-03-04 06:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#68024, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 14

DIE THREAD DIE!!!!

orzechMar-03-04 07:06 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
597 posts,
#68026, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 15

Well, in NY you need to have a horn to pass inspection. I dont know if any of the aftermarket steering wheels come with spots to hook up your horn??

11.34 at 123 fp3065 28 psi straight pump 93 octane

95 tsi awd 5 speed-2gb 6 bolt dsmlink
95tsi fwd- parts
95 tsi fwd- beater
91 galant vr4- new build

djtrickeeMar-03-04 09:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#68042, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by H82BLEGL
Well i have the ichibahn wheel and momo hub i haven't had a problem yet i even got my inspection with no hassle and i live in the bronx the mayor here bust alot of balls but you shouldn't have an issue i hope, TONY...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

H82BLEGLMar-03-04 11:03 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
309 posts,
#68054, "RE: hubs"
In response to Reply # 17

I GUESS YOU CAN KILL IT NOW!!!

TONY...

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #28365 Previous topic | Next topic