Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #2045
View in linear mode

Subject: "$%^%$ Headlights fogging" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMichael_97RSMar-13-01 07:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2045, "$%^%$ Headlights fogging"

I know this has been covered but I couldn't find it.

I discovered the other night that both my head light seals are bad. What did you guys who have fixed this use to seal them back up.

Also is there anything I should watch for when I remove the headlights? Anybody run into any problems?

Thanks all.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jZaMar-19-01 05:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2046, "RE: $%^%$ Headlights fogging"
In response to Reply # 0

of you haven't taken em' out before or the previous owner and you can't take them out after you take out the top bolt, then its because the bottome bolt is attached to it so you have to either take out your front bumper or rip out the bottome part by forcing it. i guess some of the high=temp silicone from an autoparts store will do

javi d
vroom n' boom
bone-stock dsm performance

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse9811Aug-07-03 09:18 PM
Member since Jul 01st 2003
23 posts,
#54747, "RE: $%^%$ Headlights fogging"
In response to Reply # 1

i had the same problem with my headlights fogging i had to take off my front bumper to get to the bottom bolts then just use a hair dryer on the inside of the lens to get the moisture out then silicone it and your good to go

TeamDR1665Aug-08-03 05:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#54764, "RE: $%^%$ Headlights fogging"
In response to Reply # 2

To get to that bottom bolt, Mike, just use a 1/4 drive socket with an extension (I'm sure you've got one of those). Put a wash cloth or rag under it (and over if you need it) to protect the paint from being scratched and stuff.

You'll want to remove all the other bolts first so you get as much play out of the assy as possible to make it easier to get under the light.

Other than that, just don't reuse that bolt when you put them back in.

Another trick that makes it easier to remove them in the future (as well as instaling them this time without any trouble) is to undo the harness on the bottom of the assy. The plug is screwed into a bracket on the bottom. You can remove the screw and then just tuck the harness out of the way and I found it makes it MUCH easier to get them back in without having to manhandle them.

Good luck with this one sir. I think I would rather pull the head again than do this for the first time.

soulcontrollerAug-08-03 07:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#54772, "RE: $%^%$ Headlights fogging"
In response to Reply # 3

i would use some hi temp silicone? i guess im not sure, i just oven heated mine for 10 or so minutes at 250, peeled apart, cleaned out, re-heated, and re sealed them.

i didnt use any sealant, and i havent had any problems since. just make sure you press them together well all the way around.

once you take the bottom bolts out (behind the bumper), i just left mine off. makes taking out the headlights 100x easier. the whole process shouldnt take you more than an hour!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #2045 Previous topic | Next topic