Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #19030
View in linear mode

Subject: "ATTN: Tim97rs..." Previous topic | Next topic
2bFasterApr-05-02 12:04 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19030, "ATTN: Tim97rs..."

Hey do you have a pic of your dash gauge pod.... after I fixed my front end I had quite a bit of fiberglass mat and resin left.... so I decided to try to make what you did... I have the bottom part done... I layed down vinyl mask then fiberglassed it .... Im in the process of sculpting some high density foam... then Im gonna latex paint the whole thing for my mold....then Im gonna router out a pice of alum. for the faceplate..... i was just wondering if you could throw a pic on here for me .... I plan on putting 4 gauges in it and possibly a SAFC, plus some switches (for what Im not sure...) ..... what are the exact dimensions of the Apexi SAFC???? hieght, length, and depth??? thanks bro.... I searched the archive and found the page but the pic wouldnt come up.....

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

tim97rsApr-06-02 06:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19031, "RE: ATTN: Tim97rs..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hey, i have it off right now for some "touch-up work" and putting in the purge button. You would have to make it pretty big (bigger than mine) to fit 4 gauges in it. with my AFC in it, i dont think i could squeeze a 2 1/16th inch gauge in as it is now. without buttons, maybe. you could do it if you made the whole thing a bit bigger though.
keep in mind the AFC is 2" by 5" so you can see theres not a lot of room unless you go bigger.
tim

hope this helps.
tim

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2bFasterApr-06-02 08:44 AM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
#19032, "RE: ATTN: Tim97rs..."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanx bro.... Yeah its gonna be fairly good sized .... almost 5" deep... I think trying to fit the SAFC will be hard without blocking my view of the road.... Ill prolly just leave it out and mount it mybe in the center vent???? Im not too worried about it I just need a place for all my gauges (water temp, oil press., AF gauge, oil temp, boost gauge(when it gets here)....) Im not too sure about filling the A pillar with gauges.... the afc is down the road ... a guy who I showed it to wants to buy one with the afc mount in it.... he might just be SOL...

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #19030 Previous topic | Next topic