Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1873
View in linear mode

Subject: "For those who have a Custom Bumper......" Previous topic | Next topic
SpyderManMar-06-01 04:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
40 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1873, "For those who have a Custom Bumper......"

Hey I have the Strada F1 Bumper from VIS, and I want to lower my car, but don't want to f**** up the bumper. Any Ideas?!?!? Thanks Alot.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......, oRACLe063, Mar-06-01 07:27 AM, #1
RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......, BLKOUT, Mar-06-01 08:08 AM, #2
RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......, Teamicjeclipse, Mar-06-01 10:27 AM, #3
RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......, mike_d, Mar-06-01 05:14 PM, #4
      RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......, cyan, Mar-06-01 06:05 PM, #5
           RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......, Basikstylz, Mar-08-01 10:52 AM, #6
                RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......, 9D9 MITSU RS, Mar-08-01 03:37 PM, #7

oRACLe063Mar-06-01 07:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1874, "RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......"
In response to Reply # 0

put a rubber lip on ...i honestly see no way you can save it !! even if you dont lower

..nGk pLUGs..
..sHORt rAm..
..uNORTh Pulley..
..mODIFIEd eURo tAILs..
..cUZo sIDe mARKERs..
oRACLe
oRACLe063@hotmail.com
http://97rseclipse.homestead.com/lucy.html
"speed only gets you so far"

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BLKOUTMar-06-01 08:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
218 posts,
#1875, "RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......"
In response to Reply # 1

Learn to drive j/ Seriuosly though, you will have to learn to drive around with a new front end on a lowered car. It's hard but not impossible to keep the front-end from getting f**ked up. Chances are you are going to at least scrap the underside of it, that's pretty much un-avoidable. However, you can drive it lowered and not crack it all up. I think the biggest thing you will have to get used to is judging the distance it sticks out. If you can keep from running into things, like curbs & parking space barriers, then you should be fine. Don't worry, just lower it and drive real careful until you get used to it. Also, you will have to take inclines on an angle. That way one wheel is higher than the other and it keeps the front-end from dragging.
Joe
97 GS w/ Hahn stage 2
Keep cruisin' & keep the shiny side up.
http://joeseclipse.homestead.com

Yeah I got two tens in the back...two ten pound bottles!!!!

Joe
97 GS w/ HRC stage 2 +

TeamicjeclipseMar-06-01 10:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#1876, "RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......"
In response to Reply # 0

I have been using my blitz for about a year now. I never cracked it (though my brother did one of the 3 times he's ever driven it). I cut a 2 pieces of plexiglass and screwed it to the bottom. So whenever you do scrape, it will rub on the plexiglass, not the fiberglass.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

mike_dMar-06-01 05:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#1877, "RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......"
In response to Reply # 3

if you've never driven a really low car before you are going to scrape alot, my advice is if you still have the stock bumper try putting that on untill you get the hang of taking any kind of incline like driveways and such on angles and really slow. some times srapping is unavoidable and the wort thing is having to drag the enire bottom of the car on a HUGE speed bump you should have tried to avoid =) some times i hate it but the car looks a hundred times better lowered

95 Talon ESi-T

cyanMar-06-01 06:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1878, "RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......"
In response to Reply # 4

yep, you just lose your city priveledges and can no longer pull into some places. gotta deal with it. ive only gotten one crack and it was out of stupidity, pulling onto the shoulder of a street like an idiot. but ive had my car lowered 2 inches with a bumper for two years, and now lowered 4 inches on a blitz bumper with no cracks. like they said just be careful
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

BasikstylzMar-08-01 10:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
129 posts,
#1879, "RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......"
In response to Reply # 5

You guys must be good drivers. I had my car dropped on GC's almost all the way down. I swear I ripped my front bumper less than 5 hours out of the shop. I was pissed. oh well what can I do I will fix it eventually. But since I have learned a lil better about being able to drive a lowered car with a kit. The main thing is make sure you can get out of a place you can get into. you get a lot more room to go up at an angle than you when comming out. even if you block the whole thing. other than that you should start parking with the rear end of you car still in the isle untill you get used to how long your front end is. also I don't know if you go to any fast food places that has a drive through that only exits to a street but if you do be carefull and make sure you can get out of those I scraped my car pretty bad doing that. and be careful don't be dumb like me and crack it before you can even show anyone.

Jeff
96Tsi

9D9 MITSU RSMar-08-01 03:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1880, "RE: For those who have a Custom Bumper......"
In response to Reply # 6

I wanna get the kit on asylumms.com at the top. I have my car lowered on Eibach Sportlines. About how much ground clearance will I have???

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1873 Previous topic | Next topic