Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #15075
View in linear mode

Subject: "finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch" Previous topic | Next topic
2bFasterFeb-15-02 11:14 AM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15075, "finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch"

man two weeks and its finally done.... fixed it myself ...... plus I beefed it up at the same time.... finally got it etch primed today Im going in tomarrow to block sand it...... then the rest of my car... found out paints gonna cost me about 500 bones.... signle stage bright viper yellow.... should look pimp with black CF hood and black spoiler... cant wait to have her painted agian (doin it myself at my parents sign shop..... huge paint booth with cooker...)
Anybody wanna sell me some stock skirts???? prolly just gonna go to junk yard...

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Feb-15-02 12:20 PM, #1
RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch, Teamicjeclipse, Feb-15-02 01:06 PM, #2
RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch, trickedeclipse, Feb-15-02 02:56 PM, #3
      RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch, Teameclipse804, Feb-15-02 03:09 PM, #4
           RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch, pancito, Feb-15-02 03:27 PM, #5
                RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch, 2bFaster, Feb-16-02 07:16 AM, #6
                     RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch, My9t5Talon, Feb-16-02 01:35 PM, #7

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Feb-15-02 12:20 PM

#15076, "RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch"
In response to Reply # 0

um, pic?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamicjeclipseFeb-15-02 01:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15077, "RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch"
In response to Reply # 0

don't go w/ single stage. you want at least 2 stage (base, clear). Mine is 3 stage (base, kandy, clear)

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

trickedeclipseFeb-15-02 02:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
#15078, "RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch"
In response to Reply # 2

the second time i got mine painted, i went with single stage and it looked awesome. i guess it's what quality paint you're using and how good the painter is.

by the way... i'm selling stock sides (97-99) without doorcaps if you're interested... $100.

-pj

plebied@twcny.rr.com

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

Teameclipse804Feb-15-02 03:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#15079, "RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch"
In response to Reply # 3

Single stage does not even have a clear coat. It's all one color, so you don't have that extra protective layer on top. You need at least a base and a clear for it to look really good. Places like maaco and earl sheib use a single stage paint, where they only charge 300 to paint your car. I personally wouldn't go single stage...all PPG paints are dual stage at least as far as I know.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

pancitoFeb-15-02 03:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
460 posts,
#15080, "RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch"
In response to Reply # 4

trickedeclipse you have mail about the skirts...first dibs

fernando_valdez@hotmail.com

2bFasterFeb-16-02 07:16 AM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
#15081, "RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch"
In response to Reply # 5

It will also be cleared its just I got a better deal on the single stage and I have clear coat left over after the last paint job...

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

My9t5TalonFeb-16-02 01:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#15082, "RE: finally got FE fixed.....what a biatch"
In response to Reply # 6

what are the different stages for painting a car?

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #15075 Previous topic | Next topic