Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #11377
View in linear mode

Subject: "rear seat modification" Previous topic | Next topic
2bFasterJan-03-02 02:05 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11377, "rear seat modification"

Im wanting to remove the rear seat and flip down back and make a custom speaker box/nitrous setup (quick access)... Has anybody done this or tried it sucsessfully. Any ideas or input would be helpful..

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: rear seat modification, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-03-02 02:26 PM, #1
RE: rear seat modification, klipzracer, Jan-03-02 02:32 PM, #2
      RE: rear seat modification, 2bFaster, Jan-03-02 02:42 PM, #3
           RE: rear seat modification, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jan-03-02 03:05 PM, #4
RE: rear seat modification, TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-03-02 03:07 PM, #5
RE: rear seat modification, 1TuffRS, Jan-03-02 03:54 PM, #6
      RE: rear seat modification, vegasdsmr, Jan-03-02 06:25 PM, #7
           RE: rear seat modification, evan2, Jan-04-02 02:48 AM, #8

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-03-02 02:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11378, "RE: rear seat modification"
In response to Reply # 0

Take it out. It's easy. Once you get the seat part out, it's only four bolts holding in the backs.

-Tony 98'GST

http://eclipzgst.dyndns.org
AIM: turboclipz or YNOT420247

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

klipzracerJan-03-02 02:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#11379, "RE: rear seat modification"
In response to Reply # 1

uhhh....more like 2 bolts at the bottom.

2bFasterJan-03-02 02:42 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
#11380, "RE: rear seat modification"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah I know how to take it out its already out. I mean for a custom box/lid for speakers and NOS. Has anybody tried to make something and worked well??

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

9D9 MITSU RSJan-03-02 03:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11381, "RE: rear seat modification"
In response to Reply # 3

just fold the rear seat back down.

TeamMichael_97RSJan-03-02 03:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#11382, "RE: rear seat modification"
In response to Reply # 0

It's been done and done successfully, all depends on your ability to work with fiberglass... or whatever you choose to make the platform out of

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All Motor Beast in the Making

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

1TuffRSJan-03-02 03:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#11383, "RE: rear seat modification"
In response to Reply # 5

Im sure its going to cost you a grip too. Ive seen that mod done in a lot of eclipses. LoTalon is one of them, i think. Do a search for his name and find pics of his car

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

vegasdsmrJan-03-02 06:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#11384, "RE: rear seat modification"
In response to Reply # 6

hey bro, i took my back seats out about 4 months ago to do the same thing. well, never happend. the only thing that sux is the road noise, and the fuel pump noise when the radio is at low volume.
other than that, i never liked puttin peeps in my backseat, it is way too small to start with, and i think it is just an insurance gimmick.

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

evan2Jan-04-02 02:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
#11385, "RE: rear seat modification"
In response to Reply # 7

my back seat has been out for a long time. it really doesnt bother me.. my boy greg has a 98gs.. and he is very crafty.. he came up to our club meeting sat night.. and is like check this out.. he took out the bottom seat.. and built this lil wood thing outta wood with 2 lil cabnets.. kinda like toilet bowl seats.. they open to store stuff.. well hes like it cost 20 bucks to make he just used mdf.. and use cardboard to make the stencil... it looks pretty sweet im going to borrow his stencil and make something. . i was thinking ill mount my subs back there.. but i think ill put them in the trunk.. not sure what i shall build but something ill try to take pics of it for u guys..

I love dino and 2gnt. ####ers (my word) bliz stole it but i let him borrow it

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #11377 Previous topic | Next topic