Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #106005
View in linear mode

Subject: "AC evap Bottom drain tray" Previous topic | Next topic
scorpo86Nov-07-20 08:12 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106005, "AC evap Bottom drain tray"

Hey guys!
Bought another 2ngt but the car has been sitting for years and field mice has gotten into the blower motor (I cleaned it out) but I'm having trouble removing the bottom drain compartment to get the rest out. I removed the clips and all but its still not loose, is there bolts on the back of it in the fire wall to remove it? I really need to drop it to clean it out so guys help me out because the book does not give me more other then the clips and bottom bolt to the inside of the firewall.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-07-20 11:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106006, "RE: AC evap Bottom drain tray"
In response to Reply # 0

The whole dash needs to come out so that you can get to all the clips and bolts holding the evaporator box in place. It sucks. I broke the first one I tried to take out with the dash in because I didn't want to take the dash out; lesson learned.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

scorpo86Nov-08-20 02:49 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#106007, "RE: AC evap Bottom drain tray"
In response to Reply # 1

Wow, this sucks then because I just can't have the whole car smelling like crap all the time, is that the same for the heater core as well?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-11-20 02:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#106008, "RE: AC evap Bottom drain tray"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by scorpo86
is that the same for the heater core as well?

The heater core is _worse_

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #106005 Previous topic | Next topic