Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105979
View in linear mode

Subject: "door questions" Previous topic | Next topic
95baserSep-05-14 01:04 PM
Member since Jun 29th 2009
64 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105979, "door questions"

I have a 95 gs and a 99 rs parts car.
Wanting to know if i can swap over the electric windows to the manual window doors. I have good door panels for the electric, and im tired of the holes where my door caps used too be. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorCorbinSep-14-14 06:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105980, "RE: door questions"
In response to Reply # 0

You can pull all of the electric window guts out of the parts car and swap over to your manual door. It all bolts in. The biggest pain is disconnecting the rubber boot around the wiring harness in the door jam. You need skinny fingers and a couple of long, flat blade screwdrivers to remove it without removing the fender. As far as wiring goes, you only need to take the harness up to where the connector at the door jam. The harness inside the car is the same for manual and electric window cars. It has been years since I have done this, but you may need to swap in a relay and fuse from the parts car to a spot under your dash. It might be the fuse box in the driver's foot well or the one under the dash near the driver's left knee.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105979 Previous topic | Next topic