Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105949
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear Parking Lights Stay On" Previous topic | Next topic
RfOeCnKdOeNrOct-17-13 08:58 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2006
259 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105949, "Rear Parking Lights Stay On"

Randomly my rear parking lights decided to go on and an will not shut off. The car was parked and hadn't been started in over a week. Then, I cam home from work one day and only the rear parking lights were on.

The only way I can turn them off is unplugging the battery.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Where should I start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!

/

1996 Eclipse RS-Turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

electroheadOct-17-13 02:30 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105950, "RE: Rear Parking Lights Stay On"
In response to Reply # 0

This could be the plastic piece on the the brake pedal that activates the brake light switch. Mine fell apart and kept the brake lights on until my battery died. I ended up using a panel retainer I got from Autozone. I bought the assortment pack (Dorman 963-075). If I remember correctly, the one I used required Channel Locks to snap in, but I know for a fact it won't fall out. After you snap it in, you may have to adjust the switch so it makes good contact.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RfOeCnKdOeNrOct-17-13 06:53 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2006
259 posts,
#105951, "RE: Rear Parking Lights Stay On"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by electrohead
This could be the plastic piece on the the brake pedal that activates the brake light switch. Mine fell apart and kept the brake lights on until my battery died. I ended up using a panel retainer I got from Autozone. I bought the assortment pack (Dorman 963-075). If I remember correctly, the one I used required Channel Locks to snap in, but I know for a fact it won't fall out. After you snap it in, you may have to adjust the switch so it makes good contact.

That was it! Thanks!!!

/

1996 Eclipse RS-Turbo

MCubed45Oct-19-13 01:25 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#105952, "RE: Rear Parking Lights Stay On"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by RfOeCnKdOeNr
Originally posted by electrohead This could be the plastic piece on the the brake pedal that activates the brake light switch. Mine fell apart and kept the brake lights on until my battery died. I ended up using a panel retainer I got from Autozone. I bought the assortment pack (Dorman 963-075). If I remember correctly, the one I used required Channel Locks to snap in, but I know for a fact it won't fall out. After you snap it in, you may have to adjust the switch so it makes good contact.
That was it! Thanks!!!

this requires the duct tape + penny mod. there's a step by step write-up somehwere..

-marc

John99RSOct-19-13 05:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105953, "RE: Rear Parking Lights Stay On"
In response to Reply # 3

Or you can get a new one from the dealer. They changed them from plastic to rubber so they will not fall apart anymore. I have a small bolt w/nut on mine. That will never come off!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105949 Previous topic | Next topic