Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105844
View in linear mode

Subject: "universal windshield sprayer reservoir/pump?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Oct-10-12 05:51 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105844, "universal windshield sprayer reservoir/pump?"

Has anyone installed a univeral reservoir/pump on our cars?

My stock pump wasn't working so i ended up tossing it along with our stupidly large reservoir a couple years ago when I was doing some engine work. I'd really rather not get another stocker since it's so stupidly oversized and blocks access to a lot of stuff in the engine bay.

Also where does the power for the pump run to? I'm pretty sure I left the stock plug hanging in there somewhere.

TIA!

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Slo2gOct-12-12 06:36 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105845, "RE: universal windshield sprayer reservoir/pump?"
In response to Reply # 0

There has been a few people with the GS that replumbed the system to make the rear washer spray to the front of the car so they could delete the reservoir up front. Other than that I think you're on your own.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SilvrEclipsOct-12-12 09:02 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#105846, "RE: universal windshield sprayer reservoir/pump?"
In response to Reply # 1

GSTs are ran this way factory so I would get one of those tanks and just wire in the extra pump

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

MCubed45Oct-13-12 12:07 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#105847, "RE: universal windshield sprayer reservoir/pump?"
In response to Reply # 2

oh i didn't even realize the other models had a sprayer in the rear. that seems like a lot of work considering i don't have any of the hardware or wiring in place.

i was looking at the universal kits like this:

http://www.amazon.com/ACI-99300-Windshield-Washer-Pump/dp/B00495UQT2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_1

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105844 Previous topic | Next topic