Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105822
View in linear mode

Subject: "having a problem with gauge cluster lights" Previous topic | Next topic
spikekautzSep-16-12 06:57 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2012
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105822, "having a problem with gauge cluster lights"

I'm currently experiencing a problem where my gauge cluster lights will not come on with my headlights. The only way the gauge lights do come on is if you ground either the constant or switched positive wire leading into the stereo head to the ground wire leading to the stereo head, and this is only if the headlights are switched off.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Sep-17-12 01:52 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105823, "RE: having a problem with gauge cluster lights"
In response to Reply # 0

I would check out the electrical portion of the FSM available at http://www.nawdu.de/files/ and start tracing your issue there.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CdkellySep-28-12 07:51 PM
Member since Sep 03rd 2012
2 posts,
#105834, "RE: having a problem with gauge cluster lights"
In response to Reply # 0

Did the problem just start after you installed an aftermarket headunit? (I assume you have an aftermarket one)
Some headunits are touchy and if you don't wire the illumination wire in correctly you'll run into problems like what you're having.
Otherwise just check your wiring for illumination along with your fuses

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105822 Previous topic | Next topic