Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105817
View in linear mode

Subject: "Semi new wheels" Previous topic | Next topic
barza21Sep-10-12 12:04 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105817, "Semi new wheels"

Hello all.

About a month ago I had an encounter with a curb and because of that encounter I bent the front driver side wheel. I tried to find a replacement one, but they don't make the same design wheel anymore. I was getting tired of those wheels anyways, so I decided that for the meanwhile I should get something a bit different and cheap. I came across 3g eclipse wheels and decided to go for them. I have to say that they look weird at first glance, but once you pay close attention to them, they are a pretty cool designed rim. I didn't like the gray/silver color, so I decided to paint the bronze (I always liked bronze wheels).

The whole process took a while. It involved paint removal, sanding, cleaning and painting. I did some research and found that if I did a coat of black first the bronze would look a bit darker (and better in my opinion).

Enough talking, here are the pics!

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Gruff511Sep-10-12 01:09 AM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105818, "RE: Semi new wheels"
In response to Reply # 0

Pretty good job. I like the dark bronze look with the white body.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SilvrEclipsSep-10-12 05:57 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#105819, "RE: Semi new wheels"
In response to Reply # 1

Looks good, you should have removed the wheel weights and had stick on weights put on the inside of the rim. Your paint job will be screwed when you change tires and have to get them re-balanced.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

barza21Sep-10-12 05:42 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
#105820, "RE: Semi new wheels"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by SilvrEclips
Looks good, you should have removed the wheel weights and had stick on weights put on the inside of the rim. Your paint job will be screwed when you change tires and have to get them re-balanced.

I agree, but I didn't think about it at the moment. The wheels that have the weights on the outside are only the front ones and the tires on those wheels are new. HOpefully they'll last till when I purchase the new rims/tire combo.

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105817 Previous topic | Next topic