Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105790
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tachometer Signal Wire" Previous topic | Next topic
spikekautzJul-31-12 06:27 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2012
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105790, "Tachometer Signal Wire"

I own a 1996 base model eclipse, which comes stock from the factory with out a tachometer gauge. I purchased a tachometer and the problem I'm currently having is finding the tachometer signal wire, i have been told it is still there and i need to splice into it, I'm sure there should be one from the ecu and behind the gauge cluster I just can't find out which one. The other question was which wire is the positive ignition switch wire?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Tachometer Signal Wire, Smash_NDash, Jul-31-12 06:28 PM, #1
RE: Tachometer Signal Wire, Slo2g, Jul-31-12 07:02 PM, #2
      RE: Tachometer Signal Wire, spikekautz, Jul-31-12 07:46 PM, #3
           RE: Tachometer Signal Wire, Smash_NDash, Jul-31-12 11:40 PM, #4
                RE: Tachometer Signal Wire, spikekautz, Aug-01-12 12:24 AM, #5
                     RE: Tachometer Signal Wire, AdministratorCODE4, Aug-01-12 07:12 AM, #6
                          RE: Tachometer Signal Wire, Socal420aT, Feb-27-13 07:18 PM, #7

Smash_NDashJul-31-12 06:28 PM
Member since May 31st 2011
64 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105791, "RE: Tachometer Signal Wire"
In response to Reply # 0

u could just find a cluster with a tach on it and just swap it in

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gJul-31-12 07:02 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#105792, "RE: Tachometer Signal Wire"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Smash_NDash
u could just find a cluster with a tach on it and just swap it in

+1

spikekautzJul-31-12 07:46 PM
31 posts,
#105793, "RE: Tachometer Signal Wire"
In response to Reply # 2

I already picked up a decent tach so I would like to use it

Smash_NDashJul-31-12 11:40 PM
Member since May 31st 2011
64 posts,
#105794, "RE: Tachometer Signal Wire"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-31-12 11:52 PM by Smash_NDash

I wanna say it runs under the dash on the drivers side, and its a Solid White wire.

But google would answer that, Im just too lazy to search.

Swapping in another cluster takes 2 minutes and no wiring required!

*EDIT*

spikekautzAug-01-12 12:24 AM
31 posts,
#105795, "RE: Tachometer Signal Wire"
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-01-12 12:30 AM by spikekautz

Alright, well that will help, at least I know what to look for now. Doing a cluster swap wou
D be easier but my friend picked up this tach as my graduation present so I wanted to use it. I appreciate the help and also you wouldn't happen to know which wire is the positive ignition switch wire by chance would you? And I know that there is an ignition1 and ignition2 wire, the ignition2 wire operating the HVAC and radiator fans, do you think it would matter which I tapped into?

AdministratorCODE4Aug-01-12 07:12 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#105796, "RE: Tachometer Signal Wire"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by spikekautz
Alright, well that will help, at least I know what to look for now. Doing a cluster swap wou D be easier but my friend picked up this tach as my graduation present so I wanted to use it. I appreciate the help and also you wouldn't happen to know which wire is the positive ignition switch wire by chance would you? And I know that there is an ignition1 and ignition2 wire, the ignition2 wire operating the HVAC and radiator fans, do you think it would matter which I tapped into?

Have you checked the wiki yet? The pin assignments have all been documented. Download the factory service manual and look up the pin number for the cluster plugs. This is not guess work.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Socal420aTFeb-27-13 07:18 PM
Member since Jun 01st 2012
25 posts,
#105897, "RE: Tachometer Signal Wire"
In response to Reply # 6

pull the cluster and tap into the wire right there, But look in the factory wire diagram to make sure your on the right wire. It is a solid white wire tho

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105790 Previous topic | Next topic