Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105674
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people." Previous topic | Next topic
gramozekaApr-22-12 07:56 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105674, "Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people."
Apr-22-12 08:49 AM by gramozeka

Help! or this might be the end of the talon I span out on a highway and the result can be seen in the photos below. This forum has helped me keep the car on the road for the past 6 years well past 200K. I hope you guys can help me keep my baby on the road even longer

The car doesn't leak, the car is drivable.

Goal:
1 I need the body parts to align
2 Need hood to close
3 Bumper back on the car.
4 Keep the car on the road.

It seems my biggest problem is to straighten the structural member that driver side bumper stay ties in.

I need suggestions from experienced people as to
how to do this on the street?
what tools do I need?

Link to the album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/b6v4aTRlKX0FfgveRgpcXiDxAb_3TCjX27rTBE1PXOc?feat=directlink

I have more pictures if needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people., 740 turbo brick, Apr-22-12 08:42 AM, #1
RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people., AdministratorCODE4, Apr-22-12 09:27 AM, #2
RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people., Slo2g, Apr-23-12 11:56 AM, #3
      RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people., gramozeka, Apr-28-12 10:26 PM, #4
           RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people., Slo2g, Apr-28-12 11:07 PM, #5
                RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people., gramozeka, Apr-29-12 09:03 AM, #6

740 turbo brickApr-22-12 08:42 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105675, "RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people."
In response to Reply # 0

My car had the same damage to the core support. A good body shop would have the means to pull it and straighten it out.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Apr-22-12 09:27 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#105676, "RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people."
In response to Reply # 0

A new core support is about $215 from RockAuto if you can weld or have someone replace it for you.

Not too sure about the inner fender support there. Maybe a junkyard replacement?

The tough part is your Talon bumper. Almost non-existant currently. Might have to conduct an Eclipse conversion unless the urethane can be repaired & repainted.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Slo2gApr-23-12 11:56 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#105677, "RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people."
In response to Reply # 2

Is that a metallic jade talon? I'm jelly if so, and also so sad.

gramozekaApr-28-12 10:26 PM
327 posts,
#105693, "RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people."
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-28-12 10:38 PM by gramozeka

Everyone...Sorry for long delay in reply... I am really caught up in my work now I value all your input!

So the consensus is there no way I can do this myself?

Slo2g. I am not sure what is the proper name for the color... I call it silver. I can look up the numbers if if u tell me where to.

I don't get your second line.. I think it is obvious what is wrong with the car...i.e: dumb driver who crashed it. The question really is how to do a DIY fix? Offcourse budget has to be kept to a minimum and even though I like this car a lot i am not going to but $5000 in it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)

Slo2gApr-28-12 11:07 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#105694, "RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people."
In response to Reply # 4

The second line is my signature.

gramozekaApr-29-12 09:03 AM
327 posts,
#105696, "RE: Is this the end? Need sugestions with body work from expereinced people."
In response to Reply # 5

Oh funny

98 Stock Talon ESi

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105674 Previous topic | Next topic