Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105664
View in linear mode

Subject: "Side mirror and door lock actuator question" Previous topic | Next topic
papajohnspimpApr-08-12 02:29 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2012
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105664, "Side mirror and door lock actuator question"

Has anyone ever taken the power side mirrors apart successfully on a 1995 GS 2g? I found one at a yard and it works beautifully only problem is its a metallic purple housing and my car is white. I would like to know how to separate the mirror from the motor assembly.

Also, the power locks are worthless. They jiggle when you hit the lock button so I assume the motors are trashed and have decided to get new ones. I would like to know how difficult they are to replace. I've had the door panel off several times I just didn't look for the actuators.

Thank is advance

mark

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS... getting started

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bluespunkApr-09-12 08:17 AM
Member since Apr 08th 2008
98 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105665, "RE: Side mirror and door lock actuator question"
In response to Reply # 0

Corbin actually did a write up not too long ago that details how to fix the door locks.

I can't get my links to work correctly, so just copy and paste this into your browser.

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Power%20Door%20Locks

I've never torn apart the side mirrors. My car is white with black mirrors and I have always been lucky enough to find black ones in the junk yard since they are fairly common. If I did have to paint a set, I would probably try just taping off the mirrors first, but I tend to break things when I take them apart, so I avoid it when I can.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

papajohnspimpApr-11-12 09:22 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2012
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105669, "RE: Side mirror and door lock actuator question"
In response to Reply # 1

Awesome write up thank you

Really hoping someone has tried to take one of the mirrors apart, I had the broken one apart it doesn't look like it's impossible but I would like some insight.

Mark

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS... getting started

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105664 Previous topic | Next topic