Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105648
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Power Seat Not Working" Previous topic | Next topic
Guinness97Mar-31-12 09:47 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2004
89 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105648, "New Power Seat Not Working"

Thank you Corbin for selling me your Gray Leather seats!

However, I am having a problem getting the electrical control to work on the driver's side. Corbin confirmed they worked before I recieved them so it must be something wrong with my car.

I had the power seat harness already coming out of the floor slot and expected to plug it in and work, but this was not the case. I pulled my multimeter out and tested the car harness to determine if I was even getting power to the seat. Sure enough I tested 0 for any voltage coming through those wires.

Upon searching the forum, I realized I can hardwire them from the battery or another power source within the car. However, I would like to avoid this if I could especially since I already have a designated wire harness for the power seat there already. I also don't like to make a rats nest of wiring in my car if I don't have to.

I have read that the power seat is wired into the same power windows fuse. Checked the fuse and it was normal, along with the operation of my power windows. Did some further research and found the diagrams on Dino's site here: http://nawdu.de/files

See page 64 and 337 of the "97-99Electrical.PDF" document. I think the problem is concerned with "B-72". What are your thoughts on this being the problem? I am definately not electrically knowledgeable at all, so please bear with me. Remember the power windows fuse is working, the power seats worked for another member, and their is no voltage as tested on the power seat wire harness coming out of the floor. I am unsure what "B-72" is referring to (relay, switch, fuse, etc.). If B-72 is the suspected problem, any ideas how I access this part (It looks like it may be running up behind the driver's side dash area near your feet or by the interior fuse box)? Would this be hard to identify once I get access to it? What do I do to it once I have access?

Any other suggestions on fixing my dead power seat?

Thanks in advance for any insight you may share!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

iamnotwhoiamApr-01-12 09:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105649, "RE: New Power Seat Not Working"
In response to Reply # 0

When I wired mine up I couldn't get the factory plug to work, so I got lucky and just ran 2 wires to my power and ground distribution blocks that I had already run for my amp/stereo setup that were in the trunk area. This actually allows for me to use the power functions w/o the car being on and it already has a fuse to the battery so its pretty safe. As long as there are no problems with the seat motors pulling power and draining the battery all will be good.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Guinness97Apr-02-12 07:41 AM
89 posts,
#105650, "RE: New Power Seat Not Working"
In response to Reply # 1

Yea, I may have to resort to that, but I really want to do it the right way and get the harness to provide power. I just don't know why the factory would provide the power seat harness and then fail to wire it up properly...

Guinness97Apr-30-12 09:23 AM
89 posts,
#105702, "RE: New Power Seat Not Working"
In response to Reply # 2

Anybody? For members who have switched to a power driver's seat and had the harness already there; have you been able to make the harness provide power to the seat?

Guinness97Jun-01-12 09:27 AM
89 posts,
#105709, "RE: New Power Seat Not Working"
In response to Reply # 3

I ended up wiring the seat separately from the original factory harness. I ran a wire from an unused port in the fuse box and neatly tucked it under the carpet. Then, I spliced this wire into the power source line coming out of the harness. Soldered all the connections up, wrapped with electrical tape, connected the newly wired up harness, and voila the seat now works.

I am still curious why the factory harness never was wired to supply power....

Oh well, I'm glad its fixed...

Thanks again Corbin!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105648 Previous topic | Next topic