Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105618
View in linear mode

Subject: "From power doors to non-power. " Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuFeb-22-12 07:08 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105618, "From power doors to non-power. "

Found replacement doors same color as my car. They're solid non dent etc. The paneling is tan power winows/locks and complete nothing missing. Could've bought one of them from the junkyard, left a few tools at home. So I snagged up black center console with armrest for 8 bucks.

Besides doing the auto-Manual swap( found my longblock w/complete trans few interior peice,mtx tcu at the junkyard also).

I'll be doing complete manual doors to power door conversion.

Questions.

What size bolts are on the door brackets.
Removing a powered door, is it difficult or simple like non powered doors. I dont want to damge any of the parts(wiring for window/locks) while at the junkyard.

For the wiring on the doors, does it pull off easy or would whole harness did to be removed.

What electrical items relays etc. should I remove from this scrap car.

For the power door installation, is it a simple plug in play.

I should mention both doors also come glass.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorCorbinFeb-23-12 07:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105624, "RE: From power doors to non-power. "
In response to Reply # 0

Why are you buying the whole door instead of stripping out the power parts? You'll have to remove the front fenders to get at the door hinge bolts. I have an OEM power door conversion in the For Sale forum. That has pictures of what you need to get (assuming you don't want to buy mine).

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dalesmitsuFeb-26-12 09:23 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#105627, "RE: From power doors to non-power. "
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Corbin
Why are you buying the whole door instead of stripping out the power parts? You'll have to remove the front fenders to get at the door hinge bolts. I have an OEM power door conversion in the For Sale forum. That has pictures of what you need to get (assuming you don't want to buy mine). Corbin '95 ESI-T Now with more power and fewer leaks Humble servant of the Wiki

Buying whole because its already has everything attached to the door except for the wiring/relays from inside to the doors. I'm using my extisting door hinges, pop out pin with hammer and unbolt few botls its done. I dont feel like tear down fenders, making the next dsm'r mad.

The panels are tan which I'm not found of but when I see tim's car makes wanna doin whole in black and keep panels tan tie whole thing together(kinda different from the normal two tone).

Next question,doors are from a spyder is the wiring/relays the same as the Gs?

Also, I notice a few rs's came with power windows/locks besides the sunroof. Body looks just like mine no side skirts but powr everything. is this a limited Rs model?

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105618 Previous topic | Next topic