Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105523
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse" Previous topic | Next topic
Eclipsedrivr2002Nov-08-11 10:37 PM
Member since Jun 02nd 2010
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105523, "Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"

Hi -

I have a body kit front bumper and I have been considering switching out for another bumper and I stumbled across this picture on the forum.

This is the one I found:

And this is the one I currently have installed:

-

It seems that it is some type of a lip kit of prehaps have some glass parts grafted onto the 97-99 bumper. If anyone knows the style name of this bumper, or someone who sells it, or how to reproduce it, I would be very thankful - thanks again.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, Eclipsedrivr2002, Nov-08-11 10:51 PM, #1
RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-09-11 12:53 PM, #2
      RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, azdave, Nov-14-11 03:07 PM, #3
           RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-16-11 02:42 PM, #4
           RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, Babbz413, Nov-24-11 01:37 AM, #5
                RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-25-11 10:41 AM, #6
                     RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, Eclipsedrivr2002, Dec-06-11 03:26 AM, #7
                          RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, Fallen4ng31, Dec-06-11 02:24 PM, #8
                               RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, 740 turbo brick, Dec-06-11 03:02 PM, #9
                                    RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, RoninEclipse2G, Dec-07-11 02:30 PM, #10
                                         RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse, Sorry_i_Win, Apr-03-12 07:43 PM, #11

Eclipsedrivr2002Nov-08-11 10:51 PM
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105524, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

I believe it is a stillen - can anyone verify?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GNov-09-11 12:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#105526, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

Yes, that's a Stillen.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

azdaveNov-14-11 03:07 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#105527, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Yes, that's a Stillen.

As in "Still in bad taste"?

RoninEclipse2GNov-16-11 02:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#105528, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by azdave
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G Yes, that's a Stillen.

Yeah, pretty much.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

Babbz413Nov-24-11 01:37 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#105536, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 3

We need a "like" option.

Buy a 2gb Talon front.

95 GS Boosted

RoninEclipse2GNov-25-11 10:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#105538, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Babbz413
We need a "like" option. Buy a 2gb Talon front.

Good luck finding one. They were discontinued years ago and nobody makes them aftermarket.

Erik P.

Eclipsedrivr2002Dec-06-11 03:26 AM
24 posts,
#105554, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 6

Girlfriend gave me a great present for christmas early and I just got done painting and fitting the new bumper. Pics of the final product

New Headlights -

After watersanding and buffing the car and a nice coat of wax these pictures give the finish no justice. Loving the new look

Fallen4ng31Dec-06-11 02:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#105555, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 7

If you like it, that's all that matters. I doubt you're going to find many members here that are going to compliment your choices though.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

740 turbo brickDec-06-11 03:02 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#105556, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 8

I dont neccesarily think the bumper looks great, and a stock 2GB eclipse or talon bumper would look better,...but the car as a whole looks very nice.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

RoninEclipse2GDec-07-11 02:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#105562, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 9

It could certainly look a lot worse. (like mine)

Erik P.

Sorry_i_WinApr-03-12 07:43 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#105652, "RE: Help determining what type of bumper was used on this eclipse"
In response to Reply # 10
Apr-03-12 07:44 PM by Sorry_i_Win

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I think the Stillen front bumper is one of the best looking aftermarket options out there (and that would be the reason that I also have one ). Most of the others (including the one you previously had) look gaudy and out of place. At least with this one it retains some of the stock look. The other reason that I liked this bumper was that it wasn't cheap fiberglass that could be easily cracked and/or had fitment issues.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105523 Previous topic | Next topic