Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105244
View in linear mode

Subject: "Automatic Up/Down Windows" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratortekleinApr-08-11 12:29 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105244, "Automatic Up/Down Windows"

Hey,

In VW's with one flick (each switch) you can make the windows go up and down.

Anyone good with electronics who can give me an idea how to make it happen?

Willing to pay if someone can build it.

Im gonna keep google searching and see if I can find something.

Thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-08-11 12:34 PM, #1
RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, AdministratorCODE4, Apr-08-11 12:44 PM, #2
      RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, Moderatorteklein, Apr-08-11 12:50 PM, #3
      RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-08-11 12:52 PM, #4
           RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, iamnotwhoiam, Apr-08-11 01:45 PM, #5
                RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-08-11 01:53 PM, #6
                     RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, iamnotwhoiam, Apr-08-11 01:56 PM, #7
                          RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, Moderatorteklein, Apr-08-11 02:20 PM, #8
                               RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-08-11 06:56 PM, #9
                                    RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-09-11 09:27 AM, #10
                                         RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, Slo2g, Apr-12-11 11:38 AM, #11
                                              RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, Moderatorteklein, Apr-12-11 11:43 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, PsychO, Apr-16-11 05:34 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, azdave, Apr-19-11 07:52 AM, #14
                                                             RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-19-11 08:32 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, Slo2g, Apr-19-11 09:18 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-19-11 12:09 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows, Slo2g, Apr-19-11 04:31 PM, #18

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-08-11 12:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105245, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 0

My '95 has auto down on the driver's side. Pretty sure it was an option on higher line models.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Apr-08-11 12:44 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105246, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 1

I think all driver's side are auto down. If I recall vfaq had a write up for auto down on passenger side too.

---

2012 2500HD LML

ModeratortekleinApr-08-11 12:50 PM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105247, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by CODE4
I think all driver's side are auto down. If I recall vfaq had a write up for auto down on passenger side too.

Yeah, mine does. Both of them would be cool and auto up would rock too.

Thanks, I will check there!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-08-11 12:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#105248, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by CODE4

You may be right,but I think the write-up was just instructions for how to connect the pass. window to the driver's auto up/down switch so both rolled down together on one touch, not a true one-touch for the passenger side.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

iamnotwhoiamApr-08-11 01:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#105249, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 4

I too have been wanting to see about doing an auto-down for the passenger window (on the drivers door), but have not found any info. I would think that maybe somehow using the same electronics found in the drivers window switch on the secondary passenger switch may prove to be a way, but have not fiddled with it much, but would gladly like to help in any testing, research, etc making this come to fruition.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-08-11 01:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#105250, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by iamnotwhoiam
I too have been wanting to see about doing an auto-down for the passenger window (on the drivers door), but have not found any info. I would think that maybe somehow using the same electronics found in the drivers window switch on the secondary passenger switch may prove to be a way, but have not fiddled with it much, but would gladly like to help in any testing, research, etc making this come to fruition.

Take one apart. Should be a relatively obvious difference between the two...

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

iamnotwhoiamApr-08-11 01:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#105251, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 6

Guess I need to get myself a doner button set then.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

ModeratortekleinApr-08-11 02:20 PM
1699 posts,
#105252, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by iamnotwhoiam
Guess I need to get myself a doner button set then.

I have one. I will pull it apart tomorrow.

420agreenvilleSCApr-08-11 06:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#105253, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 8

mine's auto-down. i want auto-up too though... lemme know timmay

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

RoninEclipse2GApr-09-11 09:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#105254, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 9

I would imagine that auto up would require a switch that has the extra click on the up. Making the passenger window auto down would probably be easier if someone can figure out how to put 2 drivers switches into 1 assembly.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Slo2gApr-12-11 11:38 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#105255, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 10

Yes you can do this, sheesh, I need to check this section more often. Viper sells the power window control module that creates an auto up/down feature. Its made to be used with alarms with zone control to make the windows go up and down by a button on the alarms key fob but its also useful for things like this as well.

ModeratortekleinApr-12-11 11:43 AM
1699 posts,
#105256, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Slo2g
Yes you can do this, sheesh, I need to check this section more often. Viper sells the power window control module that creates an auto up/down feature. Its made to be used with alarms with zone control to make the windows go up and down by a button on the alarms key fob but its also useful for things like this as well.

Score, already Gtalked joo.

PsychOApr-16-11 05:34 PM
Member since Jun 10th 2004
166 posts,
#105257, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 12
Apr-16-11 05:38 PM by PsychO

Here is a how-to some guy made using his rx-8. I'm sure it would be pretty much the same for our cars. I'll be doing this also!

http://home.comcast.net/~c_wrzesniewski/windowsmod.htm

The first sentence made me giggle.

And it's ~$50 for the module.

Now the question is...would I want to buy 2 to do the passenger side? Hell, I've paid more for less.

azdaveApr-19-11 07:52 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#105258, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 13

I installed the DEI auto-up/down module for that purpose. Way easier than building your own.

I used it with my alarm remote to command windows to vent (2" down during remote start), roll up windows when arming alarm, optional full open when disarming.

Once installed it automatically gave me one-touch up and down on both drivers and passenger windows but only commanded from the drivers switches. The passenger switch still operated as normal.

Some of the window feastures are seen in this video.

http://youtu.be/0cyCSqbS3Rs

420agreenvilleSCApr-19-11 08:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#105259, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 14
Apr-19-11 08:32 AM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by azdave
I installed the DEI auto-up/down module for that purpose. Way easier than building your own.

price?

Originally posted by Slo2g
Viper sells the power window control module that creates an auto up/down feature

price?

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Slo2gApr-19-11 09:18 AM
1074 posts,
#105260, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by azdave I installed the DEI auto-up/down module for that purpose. Way easier than building your own.
price?
Originally posted by Slo2g Viper sells the power window control module that creates an auto up/down feature
price?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DEI+power+window+control+module

420agreenvilleSCApr-19-11 12:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#105261, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 16

i actually sat here for about 15-20 secs trying to come up with a good comeback, then, realized that i was just royally fucked LOL. whatever ha

Slo2gApr-19-11 04:31 PM
1074 posts,
#105269, "RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows"
In response to Reply # 17

:P

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105244 Previous topic | Next topic