Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105209
View in linear mode

Subject: "New interior lights (LEDS)" Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevFeb-21-11 02:15 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105209, "New interior lights (LEDS)"
Feb-21-11 02:16 AM by Red90Sev

I just finished replacing all of the stock NeoWedge bulbs with my new NeoWedge leds. I'll post pictures of the completed interior on Tuesday when the rest of my LED order gets here. I do have a question though, on the mirror switch, what did those of you who went white do? As you can see from the picture, it's tinted yellow, and the L and R are white. Just looking for some feedback as to what those of you who went all white did.
Sorry for the blurry pic.

Also, anyone know where I can get replacement #74 bulb sockets with some wire on them? Like in the pic but with wire.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New interior lights (LEDS), astaindsoul5446, Mar-26-11 08:58 AM, #1
RE: New interior lights (LEDS), VendorRed90Sev, Apr-25-11 08:16 PM, #2
      RE: New interior lights (LEDS), whtclipse98, May-16-11 01:20 AM, #3
RE: New interior lights (LEDS), gramozeka, Jun-22-11 09:43 PM, #4
RE: New interior lights (LEDS), Fabs, Jul-01-11 03:07 AM, #5
      RE: New interior lights (LEDS), xiDsmmanix, Jul-23-11 08:46 PM, #6

astaindsoul5446Mar-26-11 08:58 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2006
65 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105235, "RE: New interior lights (LEDS)"
In response to Reply # 0

Where did you get these from? I wouldn't mind doing something similar with my car..

Does it just entail swapping bulbs out?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VendorRed90SevApr-25-11 08:16 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
#105274, "RE: New interior lights (LEDS)"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by astaindsoul5446
Where did you get these from? I wouldn't mind doing something similar with my car.. Does it just entail swapping bulbs out?

superbrightleds.com and they are just plug and play, but I would not recommend them! I got my white bulbs and half of them have a yellowish tint on them. Also, the light coverage is uneven. There's a writeup on Tuners about replacing the gauge lights with a string of leds to get even coverage. Check there. But the rest in the car, such as cig lighter, defrost etc, are all plug and play.

whtclipse98May-16-11 01:20 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
#105296, "RE: New interior lights (LEDS)"
In response to Reply # 2

When I converted all my lights to blue, I never had a issue with them coming up an odd color but I also did it by soldering leds in.

gramozekaJun-22-11 09:43 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#105311, "RE: New interior lights (LEDS)"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-22-11 09:45 PM by gramozeka

For socket I have seen one on this page:

http://autolumination.com/bmw/74.htm

It's called, #74 Pigtail Socket.

I never bought anything from this website, so I can't say anything about their service, good luck.

***Sorry for bumping this up, I didn't check the date.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

FabsJul-01-11 03:07 AM
Member since Jun 24th 2011
30 posts,
#105314, "RE: New interior lights (LEDS)"
In response to Reply # 4

Looks better than OEM lights, GZ

xiDsmmanixJul-23-11 08:46 PM
Member since May 10th 2010
39 posts,
#105337, "RE: New interior lights (LEDS)"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Fabs
Looks better than OEM lights, GZ

I agree, where did you get these?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105209 Previous topic | Next topic