Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105204
View in linear mode

Subject: "Headlights fried....." Previous topic | Next topic
kvoriley27Feb-08-11 05:11 PM
Member since Jun 08th 2010
34 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105204, "Headlights fried....."

I got them off eBay, they were cheap.

Is there any reason these could have fried besides just being shitty eBay headlights?

If not, I need to find somewhere to get some OEM quality headlights...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Feb-08-11 05:19 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105205, "RE: Headlights fried....."
In response to Reply # 0

RockAuto.com has some. Plus they offer a discount to 2GNT members.

Save yourself the headache of buying cheap crap on eBay, get some quality aftermarket ones or troll Craigslist or the forum classifieds for some OEM units.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kvoriley27Feb-08-11 05:27 PM
Member since Jun 08th 2010
34 posts,
#105206, "RE: Headlights fried....."
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-08-11 05:30 PM by kvoriley27

Originally posted by CODE4
RockAuto.com has some. Plus they offer a discount to 2GNT members. Save yourself the headache of buying cheap crap on eBay, get some quality aftermarket ones or troll Craigslist or the forum classifieds for some OEM units.

...I've definitely learned my lesson, never buying crap like that from eBay again.

Thanks for the suggestions

So is Rock Auto good quality? I have been hearing a lot about them.

95_ESi_PersonFeb-09-11 07:44 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#105207, "RE: Headlights fried....."
In response to Reply # 2

Rock Auto has good products. I go to them first. The only "questionable" product I bought was a header panel for an 80's Buick that was made in Taiwan, but even that fit... just needed some shaping.

Vendoreclipsen22Feb-10-11 03:58 PM
Member since Feb 07th 2011
5 posts,
#105208, "RE: Headlights fried....."
In response to Reply # 3

I've gone through 3 sets depo brand aftermarket head lamps assy. due to the yellowing of the stock lens. I had a problem with the high beam pointing to the top of the trees on one of them. So i put the stock ones back on and bought the restore kit for them. Good aftermarket headlamps are hard to find. After market bulbs you have to careful of because the wire harness can not take the higher watt bulbs and tend to burn up.

venge24Dec-07-11 09:51 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2009
33 posts,
#105567, "RE: Headlights fried....."
In response to Reply # 4

I have a set of eBay projector/halo lights ( unsure of the brand) and they worked out fine. I am running hid's in them with no problem, what went wrong with yours?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105204 Previous topic | Next topic