Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105193
View in linear mode

Subject: "Power Antenna" Previous topic | Next topic
John99RSJan-30-11 09:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105193, "Power Antenna"

Is the RS already wired for a power antenna? Is the harness already there to plug it right up? Thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JJan-31-11 12:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105194, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 0

I believe some are, and some aren't... it just depends on your year/batch of Eclipse. My '99 RS isn't wired for it. If not, you could simply run a wire along the driver's side, not difficult. Easiest way to determine, would be to pop out your trunk liner.

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MCubed45Feb-02-11 11:27 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105197, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by J
I believe some are, and some aren't... it just depends on your year/batch of Eclipse. My '99 RS isn't wired for it. If not, you could simply run a wire along the driver's side, not difficult. Easiest way to determine, would be to pop out your trunk liner. - J

/agree

it's one of those random hit or miss things. some do some don't. mine didn't. it's pretty easy to run the wires in any case.

-marc

John99RSFeb-03-11 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105198, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah, I don't mind running wires if I had to. I was just curious if they might already be there there like the fog light switch harness is. Thanks for the replies.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

ezFeb-03-11 05:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#105199, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 3

I think my 99 RS has the wiring. Weird how there is no rhyme or reason to it.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

MCubed45Feb-03-11 08:46 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#105200, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by John99RS
Yeah, I don't mind running wires if I had to. I was just curious if they might already be there there like the fog light switch harness is. Thanks for the replies.

oh and if there's no wiring in place, it's a lot easier to do an aftermarket power antenna rather than a stocker. the stock antenna and wiring harness have a stupid amount of wires (7 iirc). aftermarket just needs power and ground.

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105193 Previous topic | Next topic