Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105121
View in linear mode

Subject: ""My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorjuanDec-19-10 04:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105121, ""My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"

Not sure if its been seen before, but there's a guy in CT that did up an Avenger with some custom CF f&r bumpers, hood, fenders, doors and more.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/386876-my-custom-carbon-fiber-avenger.html

Pretty industrious, I'd say...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-19-10 06:02 AM, #1
RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners, Babbz413, Dec-19-10 09:13 AM, #2
      RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners, Ebster1085, Dec-19-10 09:47 AM, #3
           RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-19-10 09:57 AM, #4
                RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners, eclipserstturbo, Dec-19-10 12:41 PM, #5
                     RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners, 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-19-10 07:02 PM, #6
                          RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners, PsychO, Dec-19-10 08:10 PM, #7
                               RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners, streetlightning, Dec-19-10 11:14 PM, #8
                                    RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners, Black Cotton, Dec-22-10 03:26 PM, #9
                                         RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners, 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-23-10 02:47 PM, #10
                                         RE: , Shake_Zulla, Dec-29-10 12:08 PM, #11
                                              RE: , ez, Dec-29-10 08:04 PM, #12
                                                   RE: , Dstach, Jan-15-11 12:42 PM, #13
                                                        RE: , Black Cotton, Jan-15-11 05:06 PM, #14
                                                             RE: , Dstach, Jan-16-11 10:31 AM, #15

AdministratorCODE4Dec-19-10 06:02 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105122, "RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"
In response to Reply # 0

He has a username of the same here on 2gnt. I recognize the engine bay. Definitely a lot of effort!

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Babbz413Dec-19-10 09:13 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#105123, "RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"
In response to Reply # 1

He's been working on that car for years. I believe its still not running yet and last I heard he is trying to sell it.

Build log on aseclub.net

http://aseclub.net/forums/index.php?/topic/96979-95-avenger/

95 GS Boosted

Ebster1085Dec-19-10 09:47 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#105124, "RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"
In response to Reply # 2

He used to frequent the boards and chat here but I believe he was banned over minor stuff...

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

AdministratorCODE4Dec-19-10 09:57 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#105125, "RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Ebster1085
He used to frequent the boards and chat here but I believe he was banned over minor stuff...

His user account is not banned.

---

2012 2500HD LML

eclipserstturboDec-19-10 12:41 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#105126, "RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"
In response to Reply # 4

I wonder how he got the carbon fiber pieces on the door handles to match up to the carbon fiber on the door. Looks amazing.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

420agreenvilleSCDec-19-10 07:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#105127, "RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"
In response to Reply # 5
Dec-19-10 07:16 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

yea, that car is truly badass.

dave, his screen name may not be currently banned, but it was for a good amount of time. yes, for minor crap too. I think he just had a difference of opinion on a subject with terry, and well, you know how that goes. His name was Matt. awesome guy. sux what happened, he was a nice friend, very knowledgeable.

someone that's a member on tuners should PM him a link to this thread

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

PsychODec-19-10 08:10 PM
Member since Jun 10th 2004
166 posts,
#105128, "RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"
In response to Reply # 6

Yay, Avenger love.

streetlightningDec-19-10 11:14 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#105129, "RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"
In response to Reply # 7

i did the CF work on the door handles, i matched them to the weave of both doors. It was time consuming but worth it, car is pretty sick in person!

Black CottonDec-22-10 03:26 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2006
114 posts,
#105131, "RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"
In response to Reply # 8

Hey guys, Thanks for the good props. That is my car, finally painted and finished "externally".

The updates from the last time you saw me.

I was banned, for roughly a year, yes by terry, and yes for no hard reason; more like a just because I can kinda deal. Not sure why suddenly the ban was lifted but either way glad to see you guys again.

as for the car: updates;

swapped to NVT 350 3.55 with a quafie and CM stage 5
Upgraded to a 2.2 stroker
MS2 sequential injection
75mm mustang throttle body

prior to body work new motor and transmission the car was up and running put around 20 miles on it at 14#s but running really fat 11/11.5-1...

I did end up putting in a 10pt roll cage that includes door sill bars and swing outs for both doors.

The interior is just about as complete as I really ever wanted it.
includes carpet, 2 sparcos, fiberglass dash, CF door panels, CF door sills, CF A pillars wrapped by the same guy that did my door handles. excellent work if you are looking to have any CF wrapping done true professional.

most of the info is on that tuners thread however if you are looking for any specifics do not hesitate to throw the questions my way.

420agreenvilleSCDec-23-10 02:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#105132, "RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners"
In response to Reply # 9

SICKKK!@ welcome back matt! see ya around eh? don't go anywhere this time

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Shake_ZullaDec-29-10 12:08 PM
Member since Dec 03rd 2010
42 posts,
#105133, "RE: "
In response to Reply # 9

Nice work man! Personally I like the looks of the Avenger hold your head high. IMO it gets on my nerves when people post "not really my style" because I take that as every car should look how I want it to look. Isn't conformity the death of style? After all I can only have "my style" because everyone else has their own. That being said CF isn't really my style HAHAHA! Whats next on the list? Did you get to your weight goals?

96 RS
95 Toyota pickup - 8" lift, 33's (sold)
07 Toyota tacoma - TRD Sport
13 Ford Fusion

I like logic more when it travels in circles.

ezDec-29-10 08:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#105134, "RE: "
In response to Reply # 11

Needs more carbon fiber.

Terry-trigger-ban-finger unbanned you? - this is good. Didn't even know you were gone. You've just convinced me to get those CF doors. How much do the stockers way anyway, like 60lbs/piece?

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

DstachJan-15-11 12:42 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
#105178, "RE: "
In response to Reply # 12

isn't that an automatic? might be me but i saw one cable going to transmission?

Black CottonJan-15-11 05:06 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2006
114 posts,
#105179, "RE: "
In response to Reply # 13

I has been several things...

built auto A604 w a 2800HD stall w/ Phantom grip

built auto A670 w a 2800HD stall w/ Phantom grip

now its a fresh rebuild NVT 350 3.55 w/ quafie, and CM stage 5

that pic you see is kinda old, when i was using the A670.

DstachJan-16-11 10:31 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
#105180, "RE: "
In response to Reply # 14

oh ok thats awesome. yea i looked and was like wait thats something you don't see very often. i swapped mine from a stock auto to a stock manual. was going to put the fidanza clutch and fly wheel then the clutch back ordered then going with zoom then both back ordered and then finally went stock so i still have some work. but nice work

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105121 Previous topic | Next topic