Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105082
View in linear mode

Subject: "First Gen Seats..." Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadDec-01-10 09:13 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105082, "First Gen Seats..."

Has anyone retrofitted first-gen seats into our cars? I got talking with my wife and would like to put them into my '95. I like the simplicity and I've always been a fan of high-back seats (looks sportier IMO), plus she misses my old GS. Sort of a 'memories' thing as well (Proposed to my wife when I had my '93). Just wondering how difficult it would be.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratortekleinDec-02-10 05:15 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105083, "RE: First Gen Seats..."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by electrohead
Has anyone retrofitted first-gen seats into our cars? I got talking with my wife and would like to put them into my '95. I like the simplicity and I've always been a fan of high-back seats (looks sportier IMO), plus she misses my old GS. Sort of a 'memories' thing as well (Proposed to my wife when I had my '93). Just wondering how difficult it would be.

I cant think of anyone who has done it. Best thing would be to unbolt the track from the 2g seat, and try to fit it onto the 1g seat.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

electroheadDec-02-10 09:57 AM
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105085, "RE: First Gen Seats..."
In response to Reply # 1

I believe the 1st gen seats are a little narrower. I thought about either getting aftermarket brackets for the 2nd gen and modifying the 1st gen seats to work. I don`t know if it would work, though.

bagged420aDec-02-10 10:58 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
#105086, "RE: First Gen Seats..."
In response to Reply # 2

Why not modify either the 2g bracket or 1g bracket to make them sit right?

electroheadDec-02-10 09:19 PM
182 posts,
#105087, "RE: First Gen Seats..."
In response to Reply # 3

I'm not going to touch my seats, just in case it doesn't go right. I really don't want to sit on a 5 gallon pail. I might pick up some parts from another second gen from the junkyard. Doing research right now so I'll be better prepared and get everything done in a timely manner. Don't want to piss off the wifey. (Already got enough car parts lying around in our apartment's closets. Speaking of parts in my closets, I'm thinking about getting rid of my Corbeau Sport seats (stock-looking). Bought them over three years ago without brackets from a kid who had them sitting in his basement for two years. lol

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105082 Previous topic | Next topic